Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Yankee Trade Rumors

All the analysts and writers are talking about potential targets, best fits and possible packages so i figured i'd get the thread started.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/players-who...ne/c-277677598
    article connecting us to just about every starting pitcher. I'm also hearing we may seriously look for a BP upgrade if they don't start performing better.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    All the analysts and writers are talking about potential targets, best fits and possible packages so i figured i'd get the thread started.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/players-who...ne/c-277677598
    article connecting us to just about every starting pitcher. I'm also hearing we may seriously look for a BP upgrade if they don't start performing better.
    cole was available off season for 2 months and cashman refused to give what the pirates wanted.. he will regret that move if houston beats the yanks and cole was the deciding factor...

What do we think of a buy low on Jon Gray with the Rox?? ERA in the 5.60s but FIP and xFIP in the 3.10s

Big boy (6í4, 240). Ground ball ratio of 1.71 and a big fastball (95+) and wipe out slider. Big K numbers and not bad with BBS. Very cheap and controllable until 2022.

If they arenít asking too much I would go in on him. Throw them Chance and/or McKinney... maybe someone in the 25-40 prospect range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    What do we think of a buy low on Jon Gray with the Rox?? ERA in the 5.60s but FIP and xFIP in the 3.10s

Big boy (6í4, 240). Ground ball ratio of 1.71 and a big fastball (95+) and wipe out slider. Big K numbers and not bad with BBS. Very cheap and controllable until 2022.

If they arenít asking too much I would go in on him. Throw them Chance and/or McKinney... maybe someone in the 25-40 prospect range.

Nope, have to get a household arm because to compete in the arms race. Add in control too. I think Stroman is the right guy to get since he has had a ****** year and could be fixed by Rothschild. Cheap control is key.
    Last edited by Wade n Fade; 06-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Nope, have to get a household arm because to compete in the arms race. Add in control too. I think Stroman is the right guy to get since he has had a ****** year and could be fixed by Rothschild. Cheap control is key.
    I donít like Stroman. He is 5í8 and 180lbs. I really think the back to back 200+ innings pitched took its toll on him. He velocity is down a touch but all of his other stuff is in line. Walks are way up and he is giving up way too much hard contact (almost 50%!!!!) so something isnít right. Home run rate is way up too.

I would pass rather than try to fix him. He isnít a guy that a change of scenery does the trick... itís either rest or mechanics, neither I want to deal with in August.

Last name Gray. Pass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

what makes you think he's available

rox only 1 gm out

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Didn't we draft Gray out of HS ? I'd be fine with him as a buy low candidate but he's certainly not the answer to our rotation this yr. He's the exact kind of pitcher the Yanks love, big body high velo FB and good spin rates on one of his breaking balls. At the right price it would be worth a shot to see if Rothchild could fix him but I doubt the Rockies are ready to give up on him and trade him cheap.

Stroman isn't the answer either, he's a smaller version of Sonny. If we going to trade a starter it needs to be a difference marker who doesn't need to be fixed. We need a legit top of the rotation guy that doesn't have a bunch of questions about him

Practically speaking, the only solid guy I see available at this point is Cole Hamels. He's not perfect for us, but he would be an upgrade with playoff experience as long as the price is right.

I wish the Met's would smarten up and put DeGrom or Syndegard on the block. We would have the assets to substantially improve their club and accelerate a rebuild.

I don't think that the Mets would consider trading Syndeguard. They need some heroes on the team and Thor is the most colorful nickname that they have for a big performer that they could identify with. Gray in Colorado has been on the Yankees radar in the past, but I don't see the Rockies giving up on I'm prior to the trade deadline, since they are in the race and that would be giving up on the season, unless, of course, they think Sonny Gray is an upgrade and we think John Gray is an upgrade and we trade Gray for Gray. LOL. Stroman despite his size is possible. We might not like the stature, but with the yankees bullpen to bail him out on occasion, he could be very serviceable and might surprise us. Cole Hamels might be the best play, but it requires salary to be exchanged in addition to prospects and the Rangers would be amenable to take on salary, if the prospects were good enough. I'd love to package Ellsbury in the deal, but he's not even playing and the Rangers would want someone like Gardner or Betances as the salary portion. Maybe a package based around Frazier and pitching would work, but the salary is an issue.

IMO the Yanks could put together a 3-5 rookie/ prospect package that could get anyone that any team might decide to listen to at the deadline. IF the Yanks decide to do this were only going to get one shot at making that kinda trade because our farm system is starting to thin out, plus we ve had some injuries and regression to some of our top spec.
    Syndeguard has had serious injury issues in his career, declined to follow doctors advise and by doing that it caused him to only make 7 starts last yr. I could be wrong but hasn't he already missed a couple starts this yr. The stuff is as elite as it gets but with the other questions and the extra "tax" the Mets would charge us i'm not sure he's the guy i'd empty the farm for.
    The Rockies are still within a couple game of the division and i'm not sure they would have any interest in giving up on Gray at the point because of his youth, control and ceiling. Also he'd be a great buy low canidate but he's far from a guarantee of being the big rotation upgrade we need this yr.

Stroman or Happ maybe a possibility but again i don't view they as the top 20 starter type that we really need. In Stromans case his size scares me but the ERA over 7 this yr is even more of a concern.

Hamels would probably be an upgrade but he's not that ace/elite #2 starter he used to be. I wouldn't give up Frazier for a 35yr old 2 month rental, if we could build a package based on lower level kids that would be worth looking into. As far as them taking salary back they are in the middle of a rebuild, they are going to want better prospects back not a Betances or Gardy that doesn't help them a couple yrs down the road IMO

We still have 7 weeks before the deadline, i would be pretty surprised if a pitcher or 2 we aren't hearing right now possibly becoming available for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole was available off season for 2 months and cashman refused to give what the pirates wanted.. he will regret that move if houston beats the yanks and cole was the deciding factor...
    We can afford to be patient in the trade market..

2019 is the real Yankees chance at winning it all...
    Nick

1998 Yankees 53-19. ---

2018 Yankees 50-22 3

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We can afford to be patient in the trade market..

2019 is the real Yankees chance at winning it all...
    We have the 2nd best record in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    We have the 2nd best record in baseball.

Which is why we have to go get a controllable arm. I really like Archer as another target since the Rays are going to have a fire sale soon.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Which is why we have to go get a controllable arm. I really like Archer as another target since the Rays are going to have a fire sale soon.
    Is archer worth Frazier?
    Nope.
    Is he worth Sheffield or Florial?
    Nope.

If you think you could get him for a bunch of mid level guys, great but Archer is not what he was.

I only part with a hight level prospect for a guy better than Tanaka. If you find a pitcher that is under 27-28 and cost controlled who would push Tanaka to the 3rd spot, do it. If not, take your shot with what you have. Hope that Sheffield or Adams pushes into the rotation and makes noise.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast