Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Cool. Off the top of my head as far as unpicked teams, OKC (Melo), Indiana (Thad) and San Antonio (Danny Green) are teams with players that people probably wouldn't want to protect, would probably prefer not to pay for, and would make the draft pool deeper. I'm sure there are more, but I think that makes the draft better and helps people potentially get off some extra salary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Players with options cant be protected, and they've usually been exempt from the draft in the past but if the people want change we can alter the rules a bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Could we wait for teams to be picked to make determinations like this? Mostly don't want people to avoid or pick up certain teams with this kind of knowledge.

Mind you I'm all for making the draft pool deeper to put more value to the picks. I just don't have a great way of doing it. Maybe throw the amnesty guys in the draft, but that's the best I can come up with.

@Super - I do have a question about soft/hard cap. How tight is this going to be? Like say a team has 4 players to hit the $100mil soft cap, use the MLE and picks to hit $120mil. Are we going to allow 5-6 players to be signed with the Vet Min going over the cap? The rules also state about being over the $120mil mark for trading, are we going to do the same with the $100mil mark, or can you trade up into it taking on extra players?

PROCESSING

Guys that donít take the PO or TO should just go to FA like usual. Draft will be good enough as is with amnesty and expansion draft.

We should use spotrac over hoopshype for salaries too.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Could we wait for teams to be picked to make determinations like this? Mostly don't want people to avoid or pick up certain teams with this kind of knowledge.

Mind you I'm all for making the draft pool deeper to put more value to the picks. I just don't have a great way of doing it. Maybe throw the amnesty guys in the draft, but that's the best I can come up with.

@Super - I do have a question about soft/hard cap. How tight is this going to be? Like say a team has 4 players to hit the $100mil soft cap, use the MLE and picks to hit $120mil. Are we going to allow 5-6 players to be signed with the Vet Min going over the cap? The rules also state about being over the $120mil mark for trading, are we going to do the same with the $100mil mark, or can you trade up into it taking on extra players?
    I want to clarify the rules ahead of time because it impacts who I'd pick, and presumably who others would pick. There is no way in hell I'm picking OKC if I'm stuck with Carmelo. If not? They're a more interesting team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Guys that donít take the PO or TO should just go to FA like usual. Draft will be good enough as is with amnesty and expansion draft.

We should use spotrac over hoopshype for salaries too.
    I'm not saying that PO guys who opt out should go into the draft. I'm saying that PO guys who opt in should be eligible to be the guy who gets picked off of your team for the draft. That deepens the draft pool.
    POOP

I'm not saying that PO guys who opt out should go into the draft. I'm saying that PO guys who opt in should be eligible to be the guy who gets picked off of your team for the draft. That deepens the draft pool.
    Yea nah

I feel like with holdouts in the NFL game there should be an internet risk to taking that team with that player like that. If you take OKC you assume the risk that PG may opt out and Melissa may opt in.

PROCESSING

Can we trade freely under 100 or 120? It says 100 but that doesn't make a ton of sense, why would you have to get under 100 before FA and then still have an MLE

I think leaving the opting out/in guys the same is probably for the best. That's the risk with taking the Thunder.

You can trade freely under the hard cap, salaries dont need to match as long as both teams stay under.

For teams starting over the hard cap they can stay over for the meantime but cannot draft anyone, sign anyone (including vet min), and are DQ'd come the end of the mock.

I think I'm going to tweak the final numbers today when I finally open my laptop back up (it has been a crazy week of work)

Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Can we trade freely under 100 or 120? It says 100 but that doesn't make a ton of sense, why would you have to get under 100 before FA and then still have an MLE
    Probably just a typo in the rules. This is why we have people like yall to double check it for me

Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quick question about RFA Julius Randle

His qualifying offer is $5,564,134. His cap hold is $12,447,726. Am I using his cap hold on my cap or his qualifying against my cap. Sportrac says his cap hold. Hoopshype says his qualifying.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Quick question about RFA Julius Randle

His qualifying offer is $5,564,134. His cap hold is $12,447,726. Am I using his cap hold on my cap or his qualifying against my cap. Sportrac says his cap hold. Hoopshype says his qualifying.
    We've always used the QO, I see no reason to change things.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    We've always used the QO, I see no reason to change things.
    Ok Thank you

Never Forget

are we using spotrac like Ebbs suggested? i agree that its better than hoopshype

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123