Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Agree Bamba is an easy pick if available. Only player in the lottery with DPOY potential, saw him block shots in games that seemed impossible to get to, jump shot is decent and could improve, nobody in this draft screams 20 point scorer besides Ayton and MAYBE Porter, but his injuries after our Rose situation (AKA the last time we had a really high draft pick), I grab Bamba and try to move up for Bridges or Knox. We need to get a great big man coach in here if we draft one of these bigs, they're all so young. Not surprising they dont have great post skills yet.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-17-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Agree Bamba is an easy pick if available. Only player in the lottery with DPOY potential, saw him block shots in games that seemed impossible to get to, jump shot is decent and could improve, nobody in this draft screams 20 point scorer besides Ayton and MAYBE Porter, but his injuries after our Rose situation (AKA the last time we had a really high draft pick), I grab Bamba and try to move up for Bridges or Knox.
    I think you can say Mikal Bridges is just as likely if not more likely to win DPOY. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diF-jVJ_Bvs

And if he is a potential DPOY candidate, which most of us think is a real possibility, I would take the wing over the C all day.

I am with shammy. Iím cool with almost anyone projected near our pick. Itís a little naive to think any of them are so much better than have others. Plus, a lot of these guys are going to bust anyway. Thereís just no way of knowing. Just take a guy and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWeX66tRSO0

He's a relentless defender in the post, on help D, in transition, in the open court. He never stops. A matchup nightmare who can guard all 5 positions. He has the ability to end up as the best player in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Agree Bamba is an easy pick if available. Only player in the lottery with DPOY potential, saw him block shots in games that seemed impossible to get to, jump shot is decent and could improve, nobody in this draft screams 20 point scorer besides Ayton and MAYBE Porter, but his injuries after our Rose situation (AKA the last time we had a really high draft pick), I grab Bamba and try to move up for Bridges or Knox. We need to get a great big man coach in here if we draft one of these bigs, they're all so young. Not surprising they dont have great post skills yet.
    He didn't really take many jumpers at Texas, mostly operated in the paint, but when he did he had nice touch and a good form. Get him to develop a reliable jumper (and he's apparently been working on it since his season ended) and he could be an awesome 2-way player.

He's my top choice right now. Could potentially be Gobert with 3pt shooting range. Another plus is he seems like a fantastic fit next to Lauri.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-17-2018 at 01:50 PM.

How would you all feel if we Drafted Mikal Bridges, traded 22 to Atlanta for 30 and 33, and drafted another wing and a PG.

7th Mikal
    30th Brunson or Hutchinson
    33rd Bates Diop or Tony Carr or Jevon Carter

Personally I would love having 2 wings in Mikal and (Bates Diop/Hutchinson) and 1 of Brunson/Carr/Carter at PG.

I think that would give us some elite depth, length, athleticism, and winning pedigree.

Dunn/Lavine/Mikal/Lauri/ROLO

With a bench of:

(Brunson/Carr/Carter)/Valentine/(Diop/Hutchinson)/Portis/Vonleh

I don't really care for Payne or Felicio

When ROLO and Asik's contracts are up, we can look at a FA C to fill the void to spend money on. We will have plenty of it.

In order for me at this point of those who "could" be available at 7 it's probably
    1. MPJ
    2. Bamba
    3. Young (I think the upside is enormous to match the bust potential)
    4. Sexton
    5. Carter
    6. Miles
    7. Mikal

I know it's probably the most popular thought. But I feel like that's probably the best way to build it. I know Trae is an enigma for Bulls fans along w/ MPJ. But the fit for today's NBA and Fred's system is unbelievable. But there's clearly a very real shot that those 3 are all gone by 7. At which point Sexton would be my choice.

I feel like he's got so much dog in him. That he won't let himself not succeed. That mentality is something Pax has shown to like in the past.

Statistically speaking, it's way easier to find a good wing than a good seven footer. Numbers indicate between 3000- 20000 7 footers in the world (there's no exact data, all calculated), and 17% of American that height are in the NBA, according to a study, opposed to .07 of American 6'6"-6'8", or over 20x less likely. 7 footers are a premium. One NBA scout said "I'll check on anyone over 7 feet if he's breathing".

I'd honestly take Anthony Davis or a healthy Embid over any player in the NBA not named Lebron, and even over Lebron if we're talking right now and he's not as tall as Bamba, nor have his wingspan. Because there are so many more wings available, your odds of grabbing the best in pool are drastically less. The best wing player could be drafted in the second round.

I've NEVER personally seen a 7 foot person outside of NBA/G league player.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-17-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Youíd take embiid over anyone not named LeBron? Thatís crazy talk. Misses a ton of time and what has he really done in this league for you to say that? Al horford took him to school in the playoffs. And yes Al is good but if youíre saying embiid over anyone...? Thatís insanity.

I said a "Healthy" Embid, so take the missed a ton of time out. When you watch the games , you see how impactful he is defensively, offensively and rebounding. Horford is absolutely one of the most skilled big men in the league, both offensively and defensively and WAAAAAAAY more experienced than Embid. I'm considering Embid's age and probable growth as well, so compare him to players his age if you like, older players are less valuable when building a team and bigs tend to be effective longer. Don't think there's a GM in the league that would trade Embid to get Horford.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast