Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Based on y'all's thoughts on Trae compared to Carter and Mikal, I know most of you guys A) didn't watch much college hoops, and B) completely forgot about how terrible Trae was for 2/3rds of the season.

If we draft Trae over either these guys we will be a laughing stock in 2 seasons. We will also have one of the worst defensive teams in NBA history
    lol that is funny.... Because we do not agree with your love for bridges or carter means we dont watch college basketball?? Its impossible to be that terrible for 2/3rds of the season and yet be the only player to ever lead college in scoring and assists. He was an 18 yr old freshman kid with horrible teammates and played in a better conference than your boy Mikal. Again im not saying hes a for sure thing nor would I take him over other top 6 guys but im taking him 10 out of 10 times if its between WCJ and Bridges.

Mikal is borderline top 10 pick at best (id even take the other bridges first because of upside). Hes a 3 n D guy. He is literally the type of guy you draft with your second pick or if you already have a talented core in place, which the bulls do not yet. Give me the homerun swing pick ALL DAY. Bulls dont need a role player/bench guy with the #7 pick.

Based on y'all's thoughts on Trae compared to Carter and Mikal, I know most of you guys A) didn't watch much college hoops, and B) completely forgot about how terrible Trae was for 2/3rds of the season.

If we draft Trae over either these guys we will be a laughing stock in 2 seasons. We will also have one of the worst defensive teams in NBA history

R E L A X lolololol. All that is moot because Trae wonít be there at 7 anyways. Hypothetically tho, if he was, thereís about 788837262627273773838382727 reasons why I personally would take Young over Carter and Bridges at 7, but Iíll only mention a few.

1) The bulls are in an unusual position for a lottery team, their future success is not solely dependent on this pick working out. Obviously, no team wants to draft a bust, but the bulls have the luxury to take a swing on Traeís potential.

2) if Carter and Bridges reach the absolute ceilings of what I think they could be as players, the bulls could get someone that could give 80% of that production at 22.. If Trae reaches his absolute ceiling, he is probably the best player in this draft class....

3) quick note on Young as a player, the only flaw in his game that is Habitual is his size, canít really do anything about that. Most of his other perceived flaws could potentially be corrected with the right coaching/situations if he puts the work in to get better of course.

This isnít me banging the drum for Trae, I would prefer Bamba or Porter Jr or even Luka Doncic, but if the choice is Young vs Bridges vs Carter, give me Young. Again it doesnít actually matter because Young will not be a bull....
    Last edited by TwoCansSam; 06-12-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    lol that is funny.... Because we do not agree with your love for bridges or carter means we dont watch college basketball?? Its impossible to be that terrible for 2/3rds of the season and yet be the only player to ever lead college in scoring and assists. He was an 18 yr old freshman kid with horrible teammates and played in a better conference than your boy Mikal. Again im not saying hes a for sure thing nor would I take him over other top 6 guys but im taking him 10 out of 10 times if its between WCJ and Bridges.

Mikal is borderline top 10 pick at best (id even take the other bridges first because of upside). Hes a 3 n D guy. He is literally the type of guy you draft with your second pick or if you already have a talented core in place, which the bulls do not yet. Give me the homerun swing pick ALL DAY. Bulls dont need a role player/bench guy with the #7 pick.
    If we are going baseball analogies, give me the well rounded Pedroia over the Adam Dunn HR swing all day.

Itís also pretty obtuse to say we donít have a talented core in place. Iíd say in terms of young cores, we have a pretty damn talented group. Are we really judging our core from a season where our top 3 guys hardly played together, and we deliberately benched them to lose games for draft positioning.

As for the Trae young having horrible teammates argument, Iím challenging how much you actually watched? I watch a lot, I mean a lot of college basketball, and OU lost so many games because Trae young took terrible, and when I say terrible I mean severely ill advised shots that took them out of close games. He couldnít handle a double team for his life. He was a TO machine. I was all aboard the Trae train in this forum when he was lighting up the non conference. I also said that non conference November basketball is a terrible time to judge a player. When conference play starts, the contenders and pretenders get sorted out extremely fast. To me, I watched an entire 2 months of an NBA pretender in Young.

This notion that Mikal is a bad 7th pick because heís a 3 and D at best isnít even accurate. Again if you watched the last month of Nova, you would have seen him taking over games at the most crucial times. The dude is just a smart basketball player. A winning basketball player. If I was a coach and I had a choice between Trae and Mikal, it would be Mikal 10 out of 10.

As for Carter, how can you possibly judge a guy that had to share touches with volume shooter Grayson, Me 1st Bagley, Gary Trent, and Duval. If anything the fact that he was able to produce so efficiently with all those egos is a testament to his ability and smarts on a court. That can be said about Bridges too, who shared touches with a 6-7 deep group of scorers, but still put up a super efficient 17+ ppg on elite shooting peripherals.

I would take Bridges and carter over trae. Trae would be a bigger swing but a worse swing. Like a first pitch neck high fastball type of swing in a game 7 last at bat. Take the ball and work the count.

That said, Iím hoping for a better prospect than Bridges or carter. If MPJ somehow makes it to 4 Iím aggressively trying to trade up. Iíd be ok with Doncic in a trade up as well but I think if MPJ stays healthy heís going to be the better player. Would not be surprised if he ends up as the best in the class.

Guys Iíd be excited about: MPJ, JJJ, Doncic, Bamba

Guys Iíd be ok with: Bridges, Carter, perhaps Knox

Iíd be upset with Young but would pray Iím wrong. I think heíll make a lot of exciting shots but cause more harm than good overall.

Yeah I'm not angry with any of that. I'm not really as high on Knox though.

Ayton/Bagley/Doncic/Bamba/JJJr are all calculated risks with extremely high rewards at positions of need.

Carter and Mikal are surefire great fits that will be there for us. They both are perfect compliments to our current build. Mikal is a sharp shooter, efficient scorer, great defender that is a great fit with Dunn (not the best shooter but great defender) and Lavine (potentially great scorer albeit a little less efficient but not a great defender). The 3 of those guys would all mask each others deficiencies perfectly. Carter is a perfect fit next to Lauri because he is great in the low post, is also super efficient, and plays good defense. It would make for a great inside out threat with crazy efficiency.

Trae young is an ill-advised risk at a position we don't need, who lacks one of the key attributes we do need which is defense. He would be a terrible fit next to Lavine if we decide to sign him for a long term deal. We'd have one of the worst guard defenses in the league. We'd also still have a glaring hole at SF that we'd likely fill with our 22nd pick and Nwaba or a FA like Hood. I'd prefer Dunn/Lavine/(Mikal & Nwaba) over Trae/Lavine/(Hood & Nwaba).
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 06-12-2018 at 02:00 PM.

I will be very Pissed off, If we draft Trae young.
    Last edited by Silent; 06-12-2018 at 01:42 PM.

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCansSam View Post
    R E L A X lolololol. All that is moot because Trae wonít be there at 7 anyways. Hypothetically tho, if he was, thereís about 788837262627273773838382727 reasons why I personally would take Young over Carter and Bridges at 7, but Iíll only mention a few.

1) The bulls are in an unusual position for a lottery team, their future success is not solely dependent on this pick working out. Obviously, no team wants to draft a bust, but the bulls have the luxury to take a swing on Traeís potential.

2) if Carter and Bridges reach the absolute ceilings of what I think they could be as players, the bulls could get someone that could give 80% of that production at 22.. If Trae reaches his absolute ceiling, he is probably the best player in this draft class....

3) quick note on Young as a player, the only flaw in his game that is Habitual is his size, canít really do anything about that. Most of his other perceived flaws could potentially be corrected with the right coaching/situations if he puts the work in to get better of course.

This isnít me banging the drum for Trae, I would prefer Bamba or Porter Jr or even Luka Doncic, but if the choice is Young vs Bridges vs Carter, give me Young. Again it doesnít actually matter because Young will not be a bull....
    If people could put the hypothetical Steph Ceiling for Trae, you can also put a hypothetical Kawhi, Jimmy, George, Klay value on Mikal.

Strengths: Paul has some very appealing aspects to his game that could translate nicely to the next level ... a 6'8 small forward with a long wingspan and unlimited NBA range, he has a quick release and does not need much room to let it fly ... His athleticism and ability to run the floor make him dynamic in transition, resulting in big time dunks that can spark his team ... He attempted exactly 132 free throws in both his freshman and sophomore years, however he hit 28 more his sophomore year (a 70% to 91% jump)... Impressive vision and passing skills, which is not usually the case for a perimeter forward (3 assists per game) ... Rebounds well for a small forward at over 7 per game ... Defensively his athleticism contributes to over 2 steals and almost a block per game, illustrating his ability to anticipate and make a play on the ball ...

Weaknesses: George's biggest weakness is his inability to create for himself, and his poor shooting percentage when pulling up off the dribble ... Lacks a great handle which limits his overall game, as practically all of his baskets come from spotting up, good position down low, or in transition ... Tends to get too trigger happy from behind the arc, rushing long shots as opposed to letting the play develop and waiting for a better option ... He needs to not always settle for the long ball, and use his strong body and basketball skillset to be a little more creative in regards to getting easier opportunities and getting to the line ... At times he can be sloppy with the ball, throwing unreasonable passes while looking as if his head is not fully in the game... Defensively, he tends to lose focus when playing on the ball, but with the right coaching staff and the opportunity to play on a bigger stage, that problem is likely fixable ... Playing a weak schedule on a small stage makes it difficult to project how he would fare against stiffer competition ...

Overall: Paul George will most likely be picked in the mid first round, due to his ability to stretch the defense with his deep range and quick release... He could be affective along side a strong point guard in the drive and dish game, as well as in transition, and can fit in nicely with teams who have big men that frequently see double teams... Strong athletes who can shoot, finish and have the potential to defend are hard to come by, and could be used by many NBA teams who lack depth at the 3 position...

Strengths: A hybrid forward with terrific length Ö He has a high motor and plays the game with a lot of energy Ö Spends majority of the time on the perimeter, but occasionally shows the ability to play with his back to the basket Ö Uses an effective turnaround jumper inside when posting up Ö An agile athlete, his strides are extremely long and he covers a lot of space when running the floor Ö Shows improvement in majority of areas from freshman to sophomore seasons Ö His shooting has improved and he has become a respectable threat from the outside Ö Operating out of the triple threat, he combines a nice jab with a fairly quick and long first step to create separation Ö He has a strong preference going to his pull-up jumper, and once he gets into a rhythm he can string a number makes together (his length and high release make it a difficult shot to contest) Ö He is fairly comfortable handling the ball in the open court and is capable of pushing it out off the rebound when the situation calls for it Ö Even with the improvements to his offensive game, he still continues to contribute heavily in the rebounding department Ö His huge hangs, length, energy and great timing, allow him to snatch balls on both ends that are well outside of his rebounding area Ö An extremely quick jumper, he is very good at tipping the ball and keeping it alive on the rim Ö Has the instincts and shows potential in becoming a very solid defender Ö His ability to get out in the passing lanes and also contest shots inside make him a very dangerous weapon on the defensive end Ö

Weaknesses: Does not have one aspect offensively that stands out or which allows him to consistently score the ball Ö With his size and frame, will almost certainly be a perimeter player at the next level, but he lacks the polish and skill necessary to consistently operate on the wing Ö He does not have break down ability off the dribble and he is especially shaky handling the ball with his left hand Ö His jumpshot (while definitely improved) is still very inconsistent Ö The release comes high off his head and it is somewhat of a sling motion, which results in a fairly flat shot that goes all over the place Ö At this level, he has a size advantage on almost a nightly basis, but he still chooses to take the majority of his shots from the outside Ö Takes a high number of off balance shots, but does not show the ability to convert them at a good percentage Ö He does not have a great touch around the basket, and unless he can get inside position on the defense, he struggles finishing when contested Ö Not very disciplined defensively, he gambles far too often and leaves his team susceptible to giving up easy baskets Ö

Strengths: A well-rounded forward with great qualities for a future role-player ... Solid athlete with nice overall quickness ... Great length ... Extremely active on both ends of the court ... Impressive player in transition ... Uses his good strength and body control to finish plays around the rim ... Doesn't need to dominate the basketball to be effective offensively ... Shows good instincts cutting to the rim ... Catches the defense off-guard with a lot of backdoor cuts ... Confident spot-up shooter, that does a lot of damage in the mid-range ... Developed a solid pull up jumpshot as a senior ... Aggressive when looking for contact ... Shot 6.5 free throws a game in the 2010-2011 season on a very respectable 78.3% clip ... An efficient passer (1.59 assist/turnover) that has the ability to make the simple plays to set up his teammates ... Highly unselfish ... Makes a big impact on the offensive glass, keeping possessions alive and getting a lot of tip-ins ... Tough defender with all the tools needed to become very valuable in this area ... Gets a lot of deflections with his long arms ... Smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and a strong work-ethic ...

Weaknesses: Good all-around player, but lacks any one great skill... Fits the "jack of all trades, master of none" mold ... Not a stand-out athlete ... Hasn't proven that he can consistently create offense for himself ... Not an isolation player, feeds off the play of his teammates ... Could really open up his game by adding range to his jump shot ... Hasn't shown that he can be a consistent threat from behind the arc ...

Overall: Like Wesley Matthews before him, Butler could really be a nice player if he lands in the right situation ... Unlike many rookies in his draft class, Butler could see NBA playing time without hurting the team by playing poor defense or taking bad shots ... That, coupled with his positive attitude and personality, should get him a few looks in the early second round ... If he continues to improve his outside shooting ability, he might be one of this class' sleepers ...

Strengths: One of the top pure shooters on the college level ... Prolific outside shooter with a defined role for the NBA level ... Right hander who at 6'6 with long arms has good size for the NBA 2-guard position ... Shows an excellent feel having been around the game his entire life. Understands his limitations and plays within his game well ... Plays well off the ball. Stays active. Works hard to create scoring opportunities. Understands how to create shots for himself off the ball coming off screens ... Very good spot up shooter ... Comfortable handling the ball and can use the dribble to create shots ... Can use his left hand effectively ... Shows an advanced in between game with tear drops and the use of the glass ... Effectively uses pump fakes to draw defenders off balance ... Has perfect form on his shot and deep range. Squares to the basket. Quick, concise, fluid stroke with a high release ... Gets his shot off quickly and can do so without needing much space ... Exhibits prudent shot selection ... Large wingspan allows him to play more athletic than he appears. Can dunk on his defenders if he catches opponents napping ... Solid decision maker with a positive a/to ratio ... 1.6 steals per game as a senior showed his progression as a defender / anticipation ... Extremely level headed, doesn't show a great deal of emotion or get rattled easily ...

Weaknesses: An average athlete who plays below the rim ... He's a "momentum athlete" in the sense that he shows solid athleticism when he has momentum moving towards the rim ... Much better in the half court than in the open floor. His lack of elite athleticism gets exposed in the transition game ... Lacks great foot speed which inhibits his ability to take the ball off the dribble against quick defenders ... Recevied a one game suspension due to a marijuana possession charge, but scouts don't seem too concerned about that therefore it hasn't affected his stock much ... Long, athletic defenders can give him trouble ...

Strengths: Prototypical 3-and-D wing for the next level ... 6-7 guard/forward with elite length, athleticism and skill set ... Has evolved from being a defensive standout to one of the best outside shooters and wings on the college level ... Quite possibly the best two way player available in this year's draft, and figures to be one of the most NBA ready as well ... Hits three pointers at a high volume, 2.5 three pointers on just under 6 shots per game ... Has a very polished 3-point shot. Great form, accuracy and confidence in his shot: Gets his feet set quickly, has a quick release, good elevation, follow through, and shows range and consistency ... Does most of his damage offensively as a spot up shooter ... Nearly 50% of his shots come from behind the 3point arch where he is extremely efficient (43% from 3)... Has improved his ability to attack the rim off the bounce and finish with dunks ... A +6 or +7 length body type ... His 7-foot wingspan allows him to get shots off with ease as well as being a difficult match up on the defensive end ... Excels on the defensive end and is disruptive with his great length ... Gets in a low defensive stance and covers a lot of ground making it difficult for opponents to get clean looks ... Doesn't gamble for steals and has learned to play sound, fundamental defense after 4 years under Jay Wright at Villanova. He plays the passing lanes well, and is tough to get shots off on due to his length ... An extremely efficient overall offensive player shooting (51.6 fg%, 42.9% 3p, and 84.7% ft) ... Has improved considerably in his junior season going from a key role player to a star (10 ppg to 18 PPG) on the college level and Villanova's go-to athletic scorer ... Has become known for being a clutch shooter, and seems to elevate his play in big moments ... Level headed player who rarely loses his cool ... Solid decision maker, 2.1/1.4 a/to rate ...

Weaknesses: The biggest knock on Bridges is his lack of strength. Not an overly physical player ... His 2.8 FTs made on 3.4 attempts show that he doesn't attack the rim and get to the line a great deal. His FTA/FGA ratio is below 30% at 28.0% ... Has worked hard at adding muscle mass, but remains on the thin side at 210 lbs for a player about to turn 22. Could stand to add another 10 lbs, which would help him to finish through contact and play more physical at both ends. Though he may be a player that lacks the natural body type to carry more weight ... He would also better utilize his great free throw shooting ability by playing more physical and attacking the rim ... Playing alongside one of the nation's best point guards (Jalen Brunson) for his entire college career has been a huge positive for Bridges, but it has also kept him from having to develop as an isolation player ... Has displayed some ability to get to the rim off the bounce and pull up, but remains more of a catch and shoot guy than a driver (96.4% of his 3 pointers come off of assists) ... Took some time to break into a star ... Red-shirted the 2014-15 season, practicing with the team ... Will turn 22 on August 30th, and therefore has maturity but less upside than a number of his fellow draft prospects... Foot speed is solid, especially laterally, but not exceptional ... A good leaper but not great with contact and struggles some to finish after contact or rebound in traffic despite his length ... Generally goes right, so could improve upon attacking off the dribble using his left hand ... Vision and passing a work in progress. Not really a facilitator or a guy that creates open looks for teammates with the drive and dish ... More of a lead by example type, could work on being more vocal now that he's one of the team's stars ...
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/paul-george
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kawhi-leonard
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jimmy-butler
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/klay-thompson
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/mikal-bridges

Mikal possesses a lot of the same positives and negatives as all of these guys. None of these guys are the same player, but they all came into the league with 1 thing in common. That's the fact that everyone knew they were going to be good NBA defenders. If you redrafted any of these guys, they would easily be top 5 picks in there class.

George went 10th but a redraft would probably only have him behind John Wall and Cousins and maybe but unlikely Hayward. Hayward went 9th btw. Another one of the more successful guys in this draft was Avery Bradley at 19.

In 2011, Klay went 11th, Kawhi 15th, Jimmy 30th, and they all would have all been top 5 if we redrafted today. I'd take any of those guys over Kemba walker who went 9th. That's decently close to similar situations. Yeah Kemba could score and distribute in the NBA at a nice rate, but he's not that efficient, and he isn't nearly the difference maker of any of these 3 and D guys that were drafted below him. In today's NBA the biggest difference makers are those 2 way wings that can D up multiple positions. We could learn a lesson from 2011 when deciding on Mikal or Trae. i don't see Trae being much better than someone like Kemba.

I wouldn't even take a prime Chris Paul over a prime Kawhi/Jimmy/Klay/George. George led his Indiana teams to 2 really close series with prime time Heat. Kawhi Leonard led his team to the championship vs. those same Heat. Even Butler did more in Chicago then Paul was able to do for the Clippers.

Mikal Bridges is more likely to make our Bulls better than Trae Young ever will.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 06-12-2018 at 02:39 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    If u want to put a crazy Leonard comp on every 3+D wing fine. I cant stop u. But its just not the case IMO. I dont see mikal getting that much better. Essentially a SR. He should be a more polishes Ball hander. U may think he has tons of room to grow but i think he wont.

We can all put crazy comps on whoever we want. If i remember correctly some put some crazy ones on doug McDermott (i think i am even guilty of that)

Just because u say it doesnt make it true. And i would take a chance on a 18/19 year old Freshman who carried a team on his back and averaged 27 and 9 while being doubled 40+% of the time over a guy who By all means of the word is an athletic 3/D player.

To me this is Doug McDermott vs Zack Lavine all over again. And if u want to play it safe thats fine. But this team isnt close and needs a super star.

And for what its worth. Otto Porter is a much closer Comp than anything for bridges.which would be fine if we had a super star on this team already (and i don't think its right to call either Lavine or Mark a superstar till they prove it)
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-12-2018 at 03:08 PM.

I think the point is no one put a crazy high ceiling on Leonard, George or Butler. If you suggested picking those guys at #7 people would have been upset at the time. But Bridges compares favorably to all of them. Does he get there? Thatís anyoneís guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If u want to put a crazy Leonard comp on every 3+D wing fine. I cant stop u. But its just not the case IMO. I dont see mikal getting that much better. Essentially a SR. He should be a more polishes Ball hander. U may think he has tons of room to grow but i think he wont.

We can all put crazy comps on whoever we want. If i remember correctly some put some crazy ones on doug McDermott (i think i am even guilty of that)

Just because u say it doesnt make it true. And i would take a chance on a 18/19 year old Freshman who carried a team on his back and averaged 27 and 9 while being doubled 40+% of the time over a guy who By all means of the word is an athletic 3/D player.

To me this is Doug McDermott vs Zack Lavine all over again. And if u want to play it safe thats fine. But this team isnt close and needs a super star.

And for what its worth. Otto Porter is a much closer Comp than anything for bridges.which would be fine if we had a super star on this team already (and i don't think its right to call either Lavine or Mark a superstar till they prove it)
    I think a player like Mikal would help Dunn, Lavine, and Lauri all improve and reach their full potential over adding a player like Trae who shifts our best defender to the bench. I know we hate using the word FIT in this forum because it assumes we passed up on potential for a FIT, but sometimes the best way to get the most out of your young players is to pair them with a perfect fit. We are about to overpay Lavine. Whether we like it or not, we have to put players around him that maximize his value. You cannot tell me that Trae and Lavine form an NBA caliber guard combo. Like I said, you wanna go the potential route for MPJ if he's there, that's perfectly fine because we need a wing more than anything. If you want to go for a C like Bamba if he's there, I'm cool with that because he would fit perfectly with Lauri and we know he's likely to be an elite Rim Protector. If you want to risk it on JJJr, again that's great, he has crazy athletic upside on offense and defense. But why in the hell would you risk it for an undersized PG who shot miserably bad for over 2 straight months. A PG that shot his team out of games at times when they didn't need him taking terrible shots. A PG that Turns it over at one of the ugliest clips I've ever seen for a top 10 projected player.

If we throw Mikal at the 3, we don't hamper any of our 3 current young starters in the slightest. We improve our defense, we improve our efficiency, we improve our 3 point shooting. You throw young in with our Core and we have no defense to speak of, our efficiency is out the window, and now we have to worry about him taking touches away from Lavine and Lauri who above everyone else, we need to progress as go to scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I think the point is no one put a crazy high ceiling on Leonard, George or Butler. If you suggested picking those guys at #7 people would have been upset at the time. But Bridges compares favorably to all of them. Does he get there? Thatís anyoneís guess.
    Precisely my point!

Pretty harsh and unnecessary IMO. Just because people don't agree with your overwhelming love for Mikal Bridges doesn't mean you're any more right or wrong about prospect analysis here. Congrats that you watch a lot of college basketball, an absurdly boring sport that doesn't exactly give you a clear cut picture of how prospects will translate to the pros.

FWIW, I watched a lot of it this season because I knew we'd have a high-ish pick. I don't like Trae Young, don't want him on this team either, but he has a high ceiling (even if he may never reach it). Only point I was making.

I realize you'll refute this until your last breath, but IMO Bridges doesn't have that kind of ceiling, so I can understand why some would prefer him if he's the last option at 7.

So dramatic. The best 2 fits in this draft are sitting on a platter. This draft should be mistake proof for us
    You always reference fit as if it should be a deciding factor. This team doesn't have a single locked in star caliber player yet. Fit doesn't matter at all. You take the best player and figure out fit once you're good enough for that to matter. Taking a player, especially in this sport, based on fit is a very poor way to rebuild a roster. That's how you put ceiling on your team before you even have a chance to develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    I think the Bulls end up with one of Bamba or MPJ at 7. Ayton, Bagely, Doncic, JJJ I think are the top 4 picks in whatever order. Mavs take one of Bamba/MPJ at 5 and like you said, Magic are the wild card in all of it. Hopefully they go Young with their need for a PG.
    I think this is how it'll shake out too. I still think Trae goes ahead of us to the Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    And the counter to that is those 3 players are the exception, not the norm. There are waaaaayyyyy more examples of guys coming into the league with comparable profiles that become just good 3&D guys, role players, or nothing. I've always maintained Bridges will be a solid 3&D guy, but this team needs way more than that right now.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-12-2018 at 03:52 PM.

[QUOTE=Chi_BullsChris;32391592]lol that is funny.... Because we do not agree with your love for bridges or carter means we dont watch college basketball?? Its impossible to be that terrible for 2/3rds of the season and yet be the only player to ever lead college in scoring and assists. He was an 18 yr old freshman kid with horrible teammates and played in a better conference than your boy Mikal. Again im not saying hes a for sure thing nor would I take him over other top 6 guys but im taking him 10 out of 10 times if its between WCJ and Bridges.

Mikal is borderline top 10 pick at best (id even take the other bridges first because of upside). Hes a 3 n D guy. He is literally the type of guy you draft with your second pick or if you already have a talented core in place, which the bulls do not yet. Give me the homerun swing pick ALL DAY. Bulls dont need a role player/bench guy with the #7 pick.[/QUOTE

Mikal is not a top 10 pick imo, maybe borderline like you said and yes i also believe that bridges would be a better pick because he's younger and because of upside potential, we have to remember that Mikal is basically a senior as a redshirt junior, After watching quite a few of Nova's gms I just don't see much upside in Mikal and after all the tanking that we did I just didn't envision Mikal being our pick, if it happens it's a very underwhelming pick but I guess it's karma after the warning we got from the NBA for possible tanking.

Not going to continue to argue about Young's potential, you've obviously decided at 18, he's done developing lol and ignore the constant double teams he faced. But Boston just had a top defense with IT, and Kyrie, and GS has a top defense with Steph Curry, so don't see why we couldn't have a good defense with Trae Young. Houston plays Harden almost 40 mins a game and was 5th in defensive efficiency. The Jazz were number 1 with Dante Exum and Raul Neto at point. Philly at number 3 with TJ McConnell and Bayless, lol. PG is the least important position with regards to defensive efficiency.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Oh, and one other thing, nbadraft.net is straight trash homie. Absolute garbage. It's a shame DX was absorbed by ESPN, but they still put out some decent stuff (and videos lately) from their Twitter account.

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast