Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    These are my exact thoughts. This roster is not close. Zach Lavine as your go to scorer screams mediocity at best. I would rather take the long route now that they kind of botched the tanking process. The Bulls are treading precariously close to NBA purgatory.
    And bamba screams go to scorer? I like bamba and his ceiling is definitely sky high, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on Bridges. Heís a gritty competitor with an nba body who plays great defense and can shoot the lights out. Iím not sure why he keeps being overlooked and labeled as just some 3&D guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    And bamba screams go to scorer? I like bamba and his ceiling is definitely sky high, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on Bridges. Heís a gritty competitor with an nba body who plays great defense and can shoot the lights out. Iím not sure why he keeps being overlooked and labeled as just some 3&D guy.
    Cuz half the ppl didnít actually watch him play and are only going off of who the experts talk about. They also ignore the fact that he was on a stacked college team that played smart efficient b-ball so on any given night 1 of 4 guys coulda led the way! Sorta like the warriors with Steph/Klay/KD

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Cuz half the ppl didnít actually watch him play and are only going off of who the experts talk about. They also ignore the fact that he was on a stacked college team that played smart efficient b-ball so on any given night 1 of 4 guys coulda led the way! Sorta like the warriors with Steph/Klay/KD
    Honestly wouldnít surprise me if Bridges ends up as the best player in the class long term. Although I think thereís going to be a number of really good players and role players in this draft. He has all the tools and perhaps more importantly, has that competitive drive and toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting the opinion then. Being a 3&D guy has value. My concern with him is he's not much a creator (for himself or others), has a low-ish FTr, and is one of the older guys in this class. I'm not saying he's maxed out already, but the ceiling with him has to be somewhat tempered.

Again, I think he'll be a good player and I wouldn't necessarily be that upset with the pick, but more underwhelmed.

I just think this team has to take a bigger swing than Bridges in this draft because the Bulls are pretty far off IMO.

I mean, how many of these guys have any of us really watched that much of? College basketball is mostly boring as hell, so it's hard to sit through too many of these games. Let's be honest here...most of what we're going off is highlight videos and scouting reports. I did watch Bridges, maybe a handful of times this year. He's a very solid player, will very likely be a good pro, but not exactly a guy that screams Superstar IMO.

We'll see what happens, but I think there's a strong chance a higher ceiling option is available at 7.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    These are my exact thoughts. This roster is not close. Zach Lavine as your go to scorer screams mediocity at best. I would rather take the long route now that they kind of botched the tanking process. The Bulls are treading precariously close to NBA purgatory.
    I love you both for this... 100% agree. Gotta swing big at 7 and most likely one of Bamba/Porter will be there at 7 unless the PGs really have a rough combine/interviews/workouts. Magic need a PG bad and they just drafted Issac to go along with gordon (plays porters role) I dont think they need Bamba or Porter as much. Drafting Bridges is safe but bulls need stars not decent 3 & D guys. 3 & D guys you draft higher in the draft and can get at 22 in all honesty. Most mocks im seeing post lottery they have bridges going to 10 and a lot have miles over him. 3 & D guys are needed dont get me wrong but this team needs so much help and they need stars. Not bashing Bridges I just dont want him at 7 with this team

well....

1.) they are "experts" and get paid a good amount of money to watch and talk about the game all day long lol. Also most actually played the game at a very high level. We are just people who watch games after work and have thoughts.
    2.) I watched decent amount of games for Nova and there are a tons of games or moments where you go wow hes a lottery pick or you dont even notice him on the floor at all.... Ive seen him try to dribble and its really really bad which is not good at the next level (bulls need more than a spot up shooter). He has an NBA ready body and solid defender of average colleges kid so far in a decent but not elite conference. Dont take it as hes not good im not saying that at all but lets pump the brakes for a second. I am saying for this bulls team and this moment in time I would rather take a bigger risk with someone who has a higher ceiling even if it means few more years of development... Those kids are younger than Mikal anyway. If the bulls were in the sixers spot at 7/8/9/10 then I would jump on bridges and be ecstatic because they have their stars already.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting the opinion then. Being a 3&D guy has value. My concern with him is he's not much a creator (for himself or others), has a low-ish FTr, and is one of the older guys in this class. I'm not saying he's maxed out already, but the ceiling with him has to be somewhat tempered.

Again, I think he'll be a good player and I wouldn't necessarily be that upset with the pick, but more underwhelmed.

I just think this team has to take a bigger swing than Bridges in this draft because the Bulls are pretty far off IMO.

I mean, how many of these guys have any of us really watched that much of? College basketball is mostly boring as hell, so it's hard to sit through too many of these games. Let's be honest here...most of what we're going off is highlight videos and scouting reports. I did watch Bridges, maybe a handful of times this year. He's a very solid player, will very likely be a good pro, but not exactly a guy that screams Superstar IMO.

We'll see what happens, but I think there's a strong chance a higher ceiling option is available at 7.
    This was my exact reasoning as well, DG. I won't be mad or upset. But swing for the fence 3&D definitely has value. But he's not much of a creator or facilitator and is probably more Ariza (again a good player) than he is Leonard.

The pick would feel very safe and uninspired which is not what this past season was about. Bridges does not look like a top 7 player in this class in terms of ceiling or ability but he's "safe."

There's nothing wrong with that, either. But I'd much rather a riskier, higher upside pick like Bamba, MPJ, Sexton or Young.

I donít want an inspiring pick lmao! I want the right pick

Not understanding why people keep talking like Bridges has a limited ceiling? Drive and attitude play as much a role in becoming a star as physical attributes, Ayton has great "potential" but seems like Dwight Howard when it comes to intensity. I mentioned Kwahi and Jimmy as well earlier, and Bridges is way more highly touted than either of them were. It's a crap shoot anyway, Portland drafted Oden over Durant based on potential, Detroit got Milicic over Wade, Melo, and Bosh swinging for the fences instead of drafting more established players. There doesn't appear to be a Lebron or Durant in this draft, way above everyone else, we won't know for a couple of years who the best pick was. Not like Pax is consulting us anyway, he's going to draft who he drafts, no sense worrying about it, let's get ready to welcome whoever we get!
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    If i had to place bets

1) Bamba ends up in the top 5. I think his size athletism and wingspan will get somebody to fall in love with him. Plus if he gets to shooting like this in workouts its done

https://youtu.be/6EOrdk_H2-s

2) Trae Young will go at worst 6 to the magic. Though i could see a team like the cavs trying to jump up for him. I get some of the aprehensions people have about him but at the same time he will be a guy who wows in pre draft shoot arounds and will be taken bassed off his potential. Plus PG is a huge position to fill. Despite any complaints u may have averaging 27 and 9 is still inpressive. He has to cut down on turnovers but its arguable if he was forced to foece things due to total lack of tallent on that team. And honestly he is one of the few guys in the draft that can actually be called assertive.

Also when is the last time a guard did not go in the top 5-6???? With this being such a guard/wing oriented league don't be surprised to see him proped up.

The question becomes who gets pushed down. To me its either porter or Jackson. I think Ayton Docic and Bagley are cleaerly not going to make it to us. To me its less likely that Jackson does but at the same time u never know with porter. But honestly i would be happy woth either of those two

Iím ready for Trae Young to come to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Not understanding why people keep talking like Bridges has a limited ceiling? Drive and attitude play as much a role in becoming a star as physical attributes, Ayton has great "potential" but seems like Dwight Howard when it comes to intensity. I mentioned Kwahi and Jimmy as well earlier, and Bridges is way more highly touted than either of them were. It's a crap shoot anyway, Portland drafted Oden over Durant based on potential, Detroit got Milicic over Wade, Melo, and Bosh swinging for the fences instead of drafting more established players. There doesn't appear to be a Lebron or Durant in this draft, way above everyone else, we won't know for a couple of years who the best pick was. Not like Pax is consulting us anyway, he's going to draft who he drafts, no sense worrying about it, let's get ready to welcome whoever we get!
    I agree with this. I can understand wanting to swing for the highest upside guy / we need a ď#1 guyĒ angle, but I just donít think thatís anyone weíre gonna get minus MPJ or maybe Trae. I think a Mikal has a better chance to be that guy than Bamba. Itís such a PG/wing oriented league now and most star players lately have been wings or PGs. Bamba would be a fine pick but heís a defensive anchor, not a #1 guy. Iím also personally not convinced he will ever be (I do think he can be a borderline all-star).

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Iím ready for Trae Young to come to Chicago
    I want nothing to do with Trae Young. Hes gonna bust so hard. The modern NBA is a wing's game. At 7, Bridges has to be the guy. I could live with Carter because i think he has a high floor and complements Lauri well but Bridges is my guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trae Young leading us im not listening to these opinions. Trae Young and Lauri pick and roll .... FORGET DEFENSE WE WANT POINTS

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast