Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If Iím a star I look at Lavine and Lauri getting a lot of touches but also being on a team where you can step in and you know these young guys will let you be the man. Itís the perfect spot. Btw Lauri is gonna be a stud
    Again, that's a very optimistic view of what a star will be looking for and where this roster is in 2-3 years. Basically everything will have to go smoothly (in terms of development and injuries) and one of, if not both Lauri and LaVine will need to be stars at that point.

Not saying it's impossible, but pretty unlikely. I love Lauri too, but c'mon now, you're going to need more than him and a group of role players to reel in AD. He'd be better off staying with Jrue in NO and trying to recruit someone there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-06-2018 at 11:02 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Again, that's a very optimistic view of what a star will be looking for and where this roster is in 2-3 years. Basically everything will have to go smoothly (in terms of development and injuries) and one of, if not both Lauri and LaVine will need to be stars at that point.

Not saying it's impossible, but pretty unlikely. I love Lauri too, but c'mon now, you're going to need more than him and a group of role players to reel in AD. He'd be better off staying with Jrue in NO and trying to recruit someone there.

I will say this if the Pelicans lost Cousins (after all their other blunders too) i woulf probably be on the idea to leave. But also to think the bulls will be in the best position in 3 years is hopefully optimistic. Who knows what happens in this and the next two drafts. Trae Young could end up steph curry and two good drafts behind him could be having solid or better options behind him as lavine. But thats why u cant play safe right now.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-06-2018 at 11:19 PM.

here is another hypothetical for anyone here that thinks we are the supurb destination that cant be beat, Lavine Reinjures his ACL Dunn doesnt improve drastically. and Mark develops into a star, are we any better than the knicks right now with porzingis???? and is any star joining them.

Its hard to say where this team will be, I have hope but I am not gonna pretend that AD is destined to come here. I just think our main goal should be to draft the best player who may have star potential and hope he develops. and not let AD and a pipe dream prevent us from signing a guy in the meantime.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Personally, I get the feeling that the Bulls will draft MPJ with the 7th pick as long as some team does not take a major risk and snag him. Way too much IMO has hinted at him being a bull. Working out here, him wearing clothing, him using us to distribute his medicals that only we get to confirm????. working with a firm who is well known for working with the bulls.

If i was a betting man, I would not doubt that MPJ and Chandler Hutchison end up as our two picks on draft day.

Roster

Dunn/Grant/Payne
    Lavine/Valentine/Holiday/Kilpatrick
    MPJ/Hutchison/Zipser
    Lauri/Portis
    Lopez/Felecio/Asik

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Personally, I get the feeling that the Bulls will draft MPJ with the 7th pick as long as some team does not take a major risk and snag him. Way too much IMO has hinted at him being a bull. Working out here, him wearing clothing, him using us to distribute his medicals that only we get to confirm????. working with a firm who is well known for working with the bulls.

If i was a betting man, I would not doubt that MPJ and Chandler Hutchison end up as our two picks on draft day.

Roster

Dunn/Grant/Payne
    Lavine/Valentine/Holiday/Kilpatrick
    MPJ/Hutchison/Zipser
    Lauri/Portis
    Lopez/Felecio/Asik
    Honestly thatís a solid draft imo... but i expect this FO to **** it up so it wonít happen

I have some faith in Paxson, Gar Forman just needs to stay the **** away ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

2 weeks til the draft!!!

Jrueís nice but again heís a role player. Lauri is probably already better than him and will continue to get better. I would think AD is best off getting out of the West and looking to play with guys better than Jrue. Only reason he stays in Nawleans would be the money.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Jrueís nice but again heís a role player.
    He's more than a role player. He's been a plus Offensive player and solid defensively for the last 4 years and took another step forward as he switched to SG full time.

Lauri is probably already better than him and will continue to get better.
    Nah, I love Lauri, but he's definitely not better than him right now. He might be in the future and I'd probably guess he will be, but that's no guarantee yet.

I would think AD is best off getting out of the West and looking to play with guys better than Jrue.
    We have no idea what the West will look like in 3 years when AD becomes a FA. The Warriors may no longer be a dominant team (in fact, I'm willing to bet that's the case), LeBron might be on the decline (though, he is a cyborg, so probably not), and unless the Pels re-sign Boogie, they're going to have $65M in cap space to lure some players there. I'm not even suggesting that Jrue is the selling point, but that AD could just as easily stick in a place he's comfortable, with a coach he likes (they just extended Gentry for 2 more years), and build his own super team in New Orleans.

Only reason he stays in Nawleans would be the money.
    Can you blame him if he did stay for that? He'll make more money and they'll have the cap space to sign 2 max FA's.

Look, I'm all for AD, but I don't really buy this roster being that much more attractive in 1-2 years unless someone breaks out in a big way (probably has to be Lauri and/or this draft pick), or they sign someone significant before then...plus, it's not like this FA has any kind of track record when it comes to landing these players either.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-07-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Bulls 2018 Draft Thread (Pick #7)

He's more than a role player. He's been a plus Offensive player and solid defensively for the last 4 years and took another step forward as he switched to SG full time.

Nah, I love Lauri, but he's definitely not better than him right now. He might be in the future and I'd probably guess he will be, but that's no guarantee yet.

We have no idea what the West will look like in 3 years when AD becomes a FA. The Warriors may no longer be a dominant team (in fact, I'm willing to bet that's the case), LeBron might be on the decline (though, he is a cyborg, so probably not), and unless the Pels re-sign Boogie, they're going to have $65M in cap space to lure some players there. I'm not even suggesting that Jrue is the selling point, but that AD could just as easily stick in a place he's comfortable, with a coach he likes (they just extended Gentry for 2 more years), and build his own super team in New Orleans.

Can you blame him if he did stay for that? He'll make more money and they'll have the cap space to sign 2 max FA's.

Look, I'm all for AD, but I don't really buy this roster being that much more attractive in 1-2 years unless someone breaks out in a big way (probably has to be Lauri and/or this draft pick), or they sign someone significant before then...plus, it's not like this FA has any kind of track record when it comes to landing these players either.
    I donít blame anyone for going where the money is. That said, the West has been dominant over the East since forever. Read something the other day that during Bronís rein over the East heís only had to face ONE 1st team NBA player. Thatís insane. Point being, while we donít know what the West will look like in 3 years, odds are it will be the superior and tougher conference.

Iím not even saying the Bulls have a good shot at AD anyways. But in terms of a destination, I would take the Bulls young core and coming back to your hometown over NO if the money were equal. It wonít be though so I guess because of that, NO is slightly more attractive. Maybe they could lure some guys there but has NO ever had a track record of doing so? Theyíre on the same level as the Bulls there if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít blame anyone for going where the money is. That said, the West has been dominant over the East since forever. Read something the other day that during Bronís rein over the East heís only had to face ONE 1st team NBA player. Thatís insane. Point being, while we donít know what the West will look like in 3 years, odds are it will be the superior and tougher conference.

Iím not even saying the Bulls have a good shot at AD anyways. But in terms of a destination, I would take the Bulls young core and coming back to your hometown over NO if the money were equal. It wonít be though so I guess because of that, NO is slightly more attractive. Maybe they could lure some guys there but has NO ever had a track record of doing so? Theyíre on the same level as the Bulls there if not worse.
    I just don't see this core as being that attractive until someone actually breaks out. Might be a different story in 3 years, but the rest of the league will probably look very different as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I believe there will be better opportunities for him than here. Of course that can all change if this next pick is a great one and Lauri becomes a star.

Jrue Holiday is really nice da hell

Be pessimistic if you want. The whole point of drafting and tanking and doing this rebuild was to acquire young talent with star potential, and maybe attract a young star to join them AD is younger than anybody good on the Pelicans, and those older players will be even older two years from now. Dunn showed significant improvement over his last year, Lavine was just coming off injury so don't know how you could pretend to know his potential, and Lauri had a very good rookie year. This player we pick this year should at least be a good player if not a star.

The idea that no one will come to Chicago is stupid, and I wish people would get off that. We're one of the largest markets, and money talks. AD is from here, so there's that advantage too. You can dismiss all our young high pick players as future role players if you wish, but then you'll never be happy. The Bulls are doing a great job of assembling young talent now, unfortunate the year we tank, 10 other teams did the same. Rose was thrilled to be here, and Wade came back, regardless of what you think, he was a very highly rated free agent. Most teams with a max contract slot won't be better than our core, because the better teams already have 2-4 max contracts and would have to lose one to sign him.

And if you take AD off the Pelicans, we're better than them anyway, particularly if they don't re-sign Cousins, and if they do, there goes one max spot, plus AD will be eligible for super max. I'd take Dunn, Lauri, Lavine, Bridges/Porter JR over any four Pelicans not including AD, especially two years from now.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-07-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Bulls 2018 Draft Thread (Pick #7)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Jrue Holiday is really nice da hell
    He is I love Jrue and i underrated him by calling him a role player but itís not like heís this star player who will draw free agents. Heís a borderline all-star type guy which is fine but in terms of selling points...not very exciting. And what else does NO have going for them? Niko?

Edit: not sure what they do with Cousins. It will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Be pessimistic if you want. The whole point of drafting and tanking and doing this rebuild was to acquire young talent with star potential, and maybe attract a young star to join them AD is younger than anybody good on the Pelicans, and those older players will be even older two years from now. Dunn showed significant improvement over his last year, Lavine was just coming off injury so don't know how you could pretend to know his potential, and Lauri had a very good rookie year. This player we pick this year should at least be a good player if not a star.

The idea that no one will come to Chicago is stupid, and I wish people would get off that. We're one of the largest markets, and money talks. AD is from here, so there's that advantage too. You can dismiss all our young high pick players as future role players if you wish, but then you'll never be happy. The Bulls are doing a great job of assembling young talent now, unfortunate the year we tank, 10 other teams did the same. Rose was thrilled to be here, and Wade came back, regardless of what you think, he was a very highly rated free agent. Most teams with a max contract slot won't be better than our core, because the better teams already have 2-4 max contracts and would have to lose one to sign him.

And if you take AD off the Pelicans, we're better than them anyway, particularly if they don't re-sign Cousins, and if they do, there goes one max spot, plus AD will be eligible for super max. I'd take Dunn, Lauri, Lavine, Bridges/Porter JR over any four Pelicans not including AD, especially two years from now.
    Not really what I'm saying.

He may end up coming here, but I don't believe this situation is going to be any better than several others 3 years from now. A LOT can (and will) change in that span of time, not only with this roster, but around the league. New Orleans might be one of the better teams in the West at that point, we really don't know. The Bulls may be looking for a new coach, have a new front office, who knows how this draft pick, the next two, and Lauri will all develop. Too many variables to even start thinking about that and even suggesting that it's a great situation for AD or another start player just seems silly to me when we're so far away from that point.

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast