Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    If not Cousins, I would look to Whiteside who the Heat are trying to trade. Not locked in long term (2 years left I believe) so you can see how he does with this group. The Heat have a lot of money tied up in players. Maybe you can get Whiteside and a future pick from them for helping them to shed salary.
    Last edited by DRose01; 05-18-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    You have that right. I just cant see a team winning with a ball dominant guard who doesnt play much defense or have much of a clue as to how do play within a defensive system. I am seeing Jalen Rose type impact on a team. Sure, he will put up nice numbers. Sure, he will take over some games and look amazing. I think that, if the Butler trade amounts to high draft picks in two consecutive drafts, that could be viewed as a part of the haul for Butler, in a lot of ways. We are getting so close to NBA hell.
    Winning what though? A title? Because we had a great defensive wing in butler and couldnít even advance in the ECF. You donít just lose a player like LaVine for nothing because heís not a great defender at the age of 23 or however old he is.

I'd give up a significant amount for KAT. 22 years old, already a top 12ish player and if you can find a way to get him more engaged defensively, then he takes the next step into Superstardom. He's not even a bad defender either, just not great yet, but that's okay given how absurdly good he already is Offensively.

[emoji24][emoji23][emoji23]

Lmao

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Im not getting my hopes up. I would love KAT but the cost IMO would be so great.

If we kept Zack i think it would probably take Dunn Lauri and our 7th pick for him.

Maybe u can swap portis for lauri but it would be still be a ton and to me. Lavine Kat and Lauri/Portis is still not enough. I think it puts us back in no mans land in terms of seed and status. I would rather hold out and swe where the next two drafts take us. If u can land a guy in FA great. But i am not sure its worth giving up assets

Doubt Dunn is going back. But Thibs loves Lopez so Rolo and our two picks might do it. KAT is soooo worth it, and Bamba seems like a Thibs wet dream.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Doubt Dunn is going back. But Thibs loves Lopez so Rolo and our two picks might do it. KAT is soooo worth it, and Bamba seems like a Thibs wet dream.
    Dunn was drafted by thibs for his d but was forced to give him up for jimmy. And lopez never playes for thibs so i don't get that either. If all it takes is those two sign me up but it sounds like a wet dream wrappee in mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Winning what though? A title? Because we had a great defensive wing in butler and couldnít even advance in the ECF. You donít just lose a player like LaVine for nothing because heís not a great defender at the age of 23 or however old he is.

Butler is another player who I dont think teams are winning a title or coming close with. He grinds an offense to a screeching halt as well. You are not giving Lavine up for nothing. You are giving up Lavine for the opportunity to not be handcuffed to a salar that you probably arent going to want to have on the books if you are trying to build a championship team. Teams in NBA purgatory make moves like signing Zach Lavine to a max or near max deal.
    Last edited by The Smurf; 05-19-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont understand why some are so down on Lavine. Obviously last year was not great coming off injury and showing alot of rust. but he is 23 and even at 60-70% looked like the best player on the court most of the 26 games he played. I surely think letting him walk would be dumb.

To me he is only going to get better and by the time he is 25 i think he could easily fill that 2nd or 3rd option role on a really good team.

Its style of play and lack of defense for me. He ruins offensive flow, in my opinion.

Dunn was not playing starter minutes with the T Wolves when he was there, they still had Rubio right? Now they have Teague and Rose, doubt Dunn is a priority for Thibs. The number 7 pick in this draft is hugely valuable, especially if they don't give us theirs, like we did. Lopez may not have played for Thibs, but his style of of play, hard-nosed, tough, energetic, is very similar to Butler and Taj, who Thibs loves. They'd be getting a starting center and 2 first round picks to use Right now, plus keep their own, for moving a player who they're having issues with. And I think Thibs would want Bamba or Carter Jr way more than Kat, they're better defenders.

They also reportedly loved Lavine, maybe Lavine and 22 would entice them, although they're pretty set at wing. Or Portis and 7, they could draft a center and start Portis, or play him behind Taj, his buddy.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-19-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Not re-signing Lavine means he was basically a one month rental. You have to re-sign him, even if you trade him later. Losing assets for nothing is something teams in purgatory do as well.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast