Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Which is more likely, we get our next superstar through a trade or free agency? This isn't like the old days when superstars stayed with one team. We recently saw PG13, Irving, Harden and Cousins, four of the top players in the game, traded. This is why I go with stacking your team with good tradeable contracts, while developing our youth over hoping a FA joins. Dealing with FA's involves so many factors out of your control, trading basically requires tradeable pieces, cap flexibilty, and a needy partner. We have time till the draft, lets talk!
    I would guess trade. I don't know if we'll ever land a big time player in FA with this FO in place.

Part of me wants them to have enough for 2 max players in 2021 though and just throw everything they can at AD and Giannis. That'd be fun.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Does it have to be a super star or is that just the wording you chose to use. Like would a Carlos Boozer be considered a big signing or would u be thinking super star in the idea that some teams have been able to add Durrants or others.

To me, I think the Bulls will be set up in either this or next year to sign a nice peice, whether that is considered a superstar or not in your eyes im not sure.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I would guess trade. I don't know if we'll ever land a big time player in FA with this FO in place.

Part of me wants them to have enough for 2 max players in 2021 though and just throw everything they can at AD and Giannis. That'd be fun.
    Only thing is AD will probably opt out in 2020/21 and Giannis isn't a FA until 2021/22

I'm saying at least Derozan/Wall caliber players. A player like Love could be easily had, but we have Markannen. I'm probably much higher on Love than most people, think he would have put up Hall of Fame numbers had he never been traded to Lebron, I mean Cleveland. Wild scenario, we swap Lopez for Love, swap Lauri for Tatum, and draft Bamba. Love would probably go back to 24/12 rb game, Tatum could blossom, Dunn, Lavine, Bamba, I'd watch that show!
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-12-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Only thing is AD will probably opt out in 2020/21 and Giannis isn't a FA until 2021/22
    I don't see an opt out in AD's contract. He and Giannis are both FA's in the summer of 2021 according to Spotrac.

I'm saying at least Derozan/Wall caliber players. A player like Love could be easily had, but we have Markannen. I'm probably much higher on Love than most people, think he would have put up Hall of Fame numbers had he never been traded to Lebron, I mean Cleveland. Wild scenario, we swap Lopez for Love, swap Lauri for Tatum, and draft Bamba. Love would probably go back to 24/12 rb game, Tatum could blossom, Dunn, Lavine, Bamba, I'd watch that show!
    Personally either way i think we will make plays in FA, to trade for one means getting rid of an assett, which looking at the team now we cant afford to get rid of can we???

-Rem Koolhaas

I'm saying at least Derozan/Wall caliber players. A player like Love could be easily had, but we have Markannen. I'm probably much higher on Love than most people, think he would have put up Hall of Fame numbers had he never been traded to Lebron, I mean Cleveland. Wild scenario, we swap Lopez for Love, swap Lauri for Tatum, and draft Bamba. Love would probably go back to 24/game, Tatum could blossom, Dunn, Lavine, Bamba, I'd watch that show!
    I'm guessing you don't mean those guys specifically, but there are some guys in that tier that I wouldn't mind making a run at over the next few years like Beal, Middleton, even Draymond if he decides to leave the Warriors.

Luol Deng and Brandon Ingram For Bobby Portis

Who says No????

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't see an opt out in AD's contract. He and Giannis are both FA's in the summer of 2021 according to Spotrac.
    Yeah they are all different. I'm seeing a Player Option for 2021/22. I'd doubt he picks that up if the are still a 2nd round at best team. I definitely want that to be our main target though. Use this season and next to stock pile assets and get our young guys as much PT as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Luol Deng and Brandon Ingram For Bobby Portis

Who says No????
    My guess Lakers say no... But man would I do that in a heartbeat lol. Id throw in 22 as well

Id imagine most teams do. Would SA be interested though? Im guessing something like LaVine/#7/#22/Portis/future unprotected 1st

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Id imagine most teams do. Would SA be interested though? Im guessing something like LaVine/#7/#22/Portis/future unprotected 1st
    With all the assets other teams have to trade, its hard to imagine a deal getting done without Lauri 💔💔💔💔💔😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Thats just sooo much to give up when ur only other peices are Lauri and Dunn. Its just not close to enough in this league. I am all for signing a guy when he becomes availible but to me we are nearly right back where we started with Jimmy. Id rather take the 4 year plan and see where #7 and Lavine turn out.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast