Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 381
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,312
    He's not going to Philly, lol.

    It's either Cleveland or LA.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,688
    I have no clue where he's going to go. I didn't see him going to Miami. I'm curious if he leaves the Eastern conference....I'm almost sure he leaves Cleveland. But LA has such a young team with a pretty bad Ball with an insane father lurking around, that doesn't seem appealing. Ingram is getting better but is he exciting to LeBron? Doubtful. Philly makes a lot of sense with their core but they have some injury concerns.

    I think if a team can accommodate him and Paul and preferably one other star/extremely high caliber player, they will be the favorite. Not sure who that is though, if any team.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,312
    The reason to go to LA is because he can build whatever roster he wants within the next two years. They can sign two max guys now and another next year (after Deng's contract expires). It's LA, the Lakers, he owns two mansions there.

    Guys like Ball, Ingram have no bearing on the situation IMO. If LeBron doesn't want them they're gone (similar to when Wiggins was dealt when he went back to Cleveland). Simple as that.

    I think it's there or staying in Cleveland. I doubt he goes anywhere else. Some think Houston is a dark horse, but I don't see how that's possible with their cap situation.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-12-2018 at 07:56 PM.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,688
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The reason to go to LA is because he can build whatever roster he wants within the next two years. They can sign two max guys now and another next year (after Deng's contract expires). It's LA, the Lakers, he owns two mansions there.

    Guys like Ball, Ingram have no bearing on the situation IMO. If LeBron doesn't want them they're gone (similar to when Wiggins was dealt when he went back to Cleveland). Simple as that.

    I think it's there or staying in Cleveland. I doubt he goes anywhere else. Some think Houston is a dark horse, but I don't see how that's possible with their cap situation.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I mean if he could go to LA and build his own team then it's a done deal. But I'm not convinced that would be the case. Also, can they sign LeBron PLUS two max guys or LeBron and one other max guy? I do think there's smoke there but a lot needs to happen. It will be very interesting to see.

    I do agree about Houston though. It would need to be a sign and trade and I absolutely do not see Gilbert helping LeBron get what he wants.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,312
    They'd have to wait until next year to sign another max guy.

    Shouldn't be hard to attract one to play alongside LeBron though.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    As for Lebron in Cleveland, I'm almost certain that ship has sailed. You could see it in his body language. It would take a miracle for them to get better next year. Also not many Cleveland fans care this time around. They are so pathetic that they are happy with one ship. They are ready to rebuild.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,690
    Gilbert sign and traded Lebron to the Heat so there's precedent, rather than lose him for nothing. Late round draft picks are better than nothing. Morey is damn good in the trading and cap department, they can make it work, especially if they get off Ryan Anderson. Or just include a third team like us in the deal. I'd take Ryan Anderson and two firsts for Felicio, lol. Would clear 11 mill from their books right there. Anderson's contract has two years left, so we could get off that Felicio contract quicker, and Lebron goes West.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,220
    Lebron to Boston



  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They'd have to wait until next year to sign another max guy.

    Shouldn't be hard to attract one to play alongside LeBron though.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Lonzo and/or Ingram and/or Kuzma could turn into that third/fourth guy also. They have several high potential young guys there.

    Don't think Boston would do that to Kyrie or Brad Stevens. They'd destroy their style of play and chemistry, and they are already a top contender. Kyrie would cry, also lol
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-12-2018 at 09:03 PM.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,688
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Gilbert sign and traded Lebron to the Heat so there's precedent, rather than lose him for nothing. Late round draft picks are better than nothing. Morey is damn good in the trading and cap department, they can make it work, especially if they get off Ryan Anderson. Or just include a third team like us in the deal. I'd take Ryan Anderson and two firsts for Felicio, lol. Would clear 11 mill from their books right there. Anderson's contract has two years left, so we could get off that Felicio contract quicker, and Lebron goes West.
    There's precedent but I don't think Gilbert would do it again. If I recall correctly, he was super hesitant to do it in the first place. There's a lot of bad blood there. I really don't think he would help facilitate LeBron going to his preferred destination and have the Rockets very likely winning a championship. Hell, the Rockets should have beat GS this year but CP got hurt. With LeBron on that team, they're getting it done.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,690
    That would be real petty to get nothing in return for losing Lebron. Why would they worry about making the Rockets stronger, Cleveland will be rebuilding and losing for at least a couple of years. A GM would have to be an idiot to turn down multiple first round picks when they're over the cap and rebuilding at the same time. If that was the difference in Lebron leaving, ok, but Bron's gone, ESPECIALLY if you play it spiteful after he came back and brought a ring, and took your team to the Finals every year. They should be grateful as hell to Lebron. Now Cleveland would have to take some cap back, think that would be the biggest hold up.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-12-2018 at 09:12 PM.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,690
    Which is more likely, we get our next superstar through a trade or free agency? This isn't like the old days when superstars stayed with one team. We recently saw PG13, Irving, Harden and Cousins, four of the top players in the game, traded. This is why I go with stacking your team with good tradeable contracts, while developing our youth over hoping a FA joins. Dealing with FA's involves so many factors out of your control, trading basically requires tradeable pieces, cap flexibilty, and a needy partner. We have time till the draft, lets talk!

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,457

  14. #314
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    There's precedent but I don't think Gilbert would do it again. If I recall correctly, he was super hesitant to do it in the first place. There's a lot of bad blood there. I really don't think he would help facilitate LeBron going to his preferred destination and have the Rockets very likely winning a championship. Hell, the Rockets should have beat GS this year but CP got hurt. With LeBron on that team, they're getting it done.
    Only problem is it should almost be expected Paul is going to get hurt at some point in the playoffs. I mean when hasn't he?

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,819
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    That would be real petty to get nothing in return for losing Lebron. Why would they worry about making the Rockets stronger, Cleveland will be rebuilding and losing for at least a couple of years. A GM would have to be an idiot to turn down multiple first round picks when they're over the cap and rebuilding at the same time. If that was the difference in Lebron leaving, ok, but Bron's gone, ESPECIALLY if you play it spiteful after he came back and brought a ring, and took your team to the Finals every year. They should be grateful as hell to Lebron. Now Cleveland would have to take some cap back, think that would be the biggest hold up.
    If it was just picks I think Gilbert would do that. But it will take Anderson and Gordon, 2 guys who will get nearly 80 million the next 2 seasons combined on top of all the bad contracts for LeBron to get signed and traded.

    They moment LeBron leaves the value of the Cavs plummets. Taking on those 2 contracts will be a financial burden that Gilbert might not want to take on even if it meant getting a few late 1st rounders. If they didn't have multiple bad contracts already it's not a big deal but with the deals they have I just can't see it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •