Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Bulls should absolutely pursue deals like that. Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I agree. They should but probably wonít.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Expert327 View Post
    Zach Lavine (sign & trade)
    Omer Asik

for

Hassan Whiteside
    Tyler Johnson
    2019 draft pick
    Eww on so many levels. Heat dont eveb want Whiteside. Why give up Lavine for him.

Hypothetically, if we draft a SF at 7 I would probably avoid going after Rodney Hood, but if we got a Center at 7 like Bamba or Jackson, I think Hood could easily slide into that 3 spot and give you a quality player, he may not be an allstar but he is a more complete player at SF than anyone else on this roster.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Pass on hood. Stop signing mediocre role players. You only do that when you have legit star talent and are looking to make a final push towards a championship. No need to do that try to compete for an 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://twitter.com/BullScripted/sta...98314961711105

This is almost too smart not to do.
    This would be smart as hell. Give me a guy like Donte DiVincenzo with that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Pass on hood. Stop signing mediocre role players. You only do that when you have legit star talent and are looking to make a final push towards a championship. No need to do that try to compete for an 8th seed.
    I think it was you who said What are we mortgaging by trying to go after AD in 3 years ( i may be mistaken) and this is what I mean, Your willing to put a shitier roster out there on the idea that maybe a player might want to come here in the future. If Signing Hood can make us into a playoff team (plus #7 and lavine) it increases our odds of signing somebody down the road. I am not talking about going overboard and giving him a ton, But he would surely make this team better. and if you have a young core of Dunn/Lavine/Hood/Lauri/Bamba I think you could surely make a case for any Star player to come and slide in down the road. and I am sure you can figure out what to do with any other player like hood (as long as you dont super overpay him)

Who else are we gonna sign to fill in at the 3 spot if we end up going with a big man at 7 ???? are you refusing to sign a player unless he is a star (leaving a hole at the 3). because that is not gonna make our team look better having cap room but strugling because we have guys like Nwaba playing major minutes. Even if you get AD who is playing the 3.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-08-2018 at 11:07 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

Yeah I said we arenít mortgaging anything by trying to go after AD. That said, I never said it was likely we get him. My point is with or without guys like Hood this team isnít going to be true contenders and a player like Hood wonít move the needle in terms of star players coming here. Are stars going to look at this team and go ďEh, idunno...if only they had Rodney Hood.Ē Of course not. If the scouting department is worth their salt they could get a similar player to hood with their late 1st.

Depends on the price for Hood.

Guys like Hood are available every off season. I would rather play Valentine at the 3 than sign Hood. I could get behind signing someone like Hezonja who is only 22.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah I said we arenít mortgaging anything by trying to go after AD. That said, I never said it was likely we get him. My point is with or without guys like Hood this team isnít going to be true contenders and a player like Hood wonít move the needle in terms of star players coming here. Are stars going to look at this team and go ďEh, idunno...if only they had Rodney Hood.Ē Of course not. If the scouting department is worth their salt they could get a similar player to hood with their late 1st.
    Thats highly optimistic to think u can find an imediate starter with 22 who u can plug and play now. I think its ridiculous u would not entertain the idea of hood at all. Is he going yo bring us over the top. No. But does he get us closer and give a better perspecive of this teams potential than playing idk Nwaba or valentine. Yes. The funiest thing is nothing has been brought up about cost either so u cant really complain that we are paying him too much. Obviously i would not break the bank for him but I would give him a reasonable 2 year contract and a shot. If he pans out great. If not. I would not expect to pay him enough for him not to be moveable or expire soon after anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Guys like Hood are available every off season. I would rather play Valentine at the 3 than sign Hood. I could get behind signing someone like Hezonja who is only 22.
    I would not mind Horzonia but in terms of this forum i think he is pretty over rated. But he is another guy i would give a shot for reasonable money. But i am not sure what u mean by guys like Hood beibg available all the time. Unless your refering to older guys like ariza

Would much rather roll with nwaba or valentine than Hood. Especially nwaba who actually plays defense. As far as contracts are concerned, Hood prob gets around 10 mil I would guess. Iíd pass all day on that. Let nwaba develop along with valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I would not mind Horzonia but in terms of this forum i think he is pretty over rated. But he is another guy i would give a shot for reasonable money. But i am not sure what u mean by guys like Hood beibg available all the time. Unless your refering to older guys like ariza
    I know Toovey mentioned Hezonja. I can't recall anyone else. So I'm not sure if I buy that ppl are overrating him. I just don't think Hood has another gear to him. He doesn't really change the direction of the team. He's a decent player, but I don't see the point in getting him.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast