Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

Continue discussions here.

Cousins stopped following the Pelicans on social media apparently. Dunn/Lavine/MPJ or Bridges/Lauri/Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    Cousins stopped following the Pelicans on social media apparently. Dunn/Lavine/MPJ or Bridges/Lauri/Cousins?
    Sign me up. We could be contenders in the East with that lineup. Of course, it's hard to tell how good Cousins will be coming off of an achilles tear. Also he's kind of a head case. Talent wise, it'd be pretty great though.

Heís such a head case. Would be really hard for me to genuinely cheer for him. Hasnít he generally been supported by his teammates though? I think that means a lot. I know the media likes to paint him as a heel.. but crybaby Boogie face is definitely a thing. Dude CRIES during the games a lot.

He's pretty risky given his size and recently Achilles injury... probably won't be the same player for at least another year, if ever. Then you add in him being a headcase and it's hard to stomach giving him a max deal.

I'd pass, and I've always liked Boogie, but you're basically locked into that roster for a while if you make that move and I doubt that team is winning a title.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Im good with any combination that doesnt involve us holding on to Zach Lavine. I'd rather roll the dice on Cousins then know I am going nowhere with Lavine. That being said, I would rather we not resign Lavine and continue to be bad. After all, we sure arent going to be good.

I donít know why but something tells me smurf doesnít like LaVine.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I dont understand why some are so down on Lavine. Obviously last year was not great coming off injury and showing alot of rust. but he is 23 and even at 60-70% looked like the best player on the court most of the 26 games he played. I surely think letting him walk would be dumb.

To me he is only going to get better and by the time he is 25 i think he could easily fill that 2nd or 3rd option role on a really good team.

There is absolutely zero chance we just let him walk. He was the centerpiece of the deal for Butler. He's a integral part of our plans going forward, so we just have to hope he can play up to his potential (which is sky high). He's still young. Is he a max player? I don't think so yet, so hopefully we don't have to match a max contract offer. If he gets one, though, I'm sure we'll match it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    There is absolutely zero chance we just let him walk. He was the centerpiece of the deal for Butler. He's a integral part of our plans going forward, so we just have to hope he can play up to his potential (which is sky high). He's still young. Is he a max player? I don't think so yet, so hopefully we don't have to match a max contract offer. If he gets one, though, I'm sure we'll match it.
    Honestly I think Lauri was the guy the Bulls considered the main haul in that deal

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Honestly I think Lauri was the guy the Bulls considered the main haul in that deal
    If that is the case then Gar/Pax should be fired and we should have no trust in them. Lauri turned out but either itís pure genius assumption to predict Lauri as that haul, Lavine was the Key cog, or theyíre completely inept. They made the deal without even knowing who would be actually available at 7 and Dunn was coming off a down year. So they had to be banking on Lavineís potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    If that is the case then Gar/Pax should be fired and we should have no trust in them. Lauri turned out but either itís pure genius assumption to predict Lauri as that haul, Lavine was the Key cog, or theyíre completely inept. They made the deal without even knowing who would be actually available at 7 and Dunn was coming off a down year. So they had to be banking on Lavineís potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone still has trust in GarPax? :P

I trust Pax. I do not trust Gar! Seems like he isn't the one pulling strings anyways these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít know why but something tells me smurf doesnít like LaVine.
    You have that right. I just cant see a team winning with a ball dominant guard who doesnt play much defense or have much of a clue as to how do play within a defensive system. I am seeing Jalen Rose type impact on a team. Sure, he will put up nice numbers. Sure, he will take over some games and look amazing. I think that, if the Butler trade amounts to high draft picks in two consecutive drafts, that could be viewed as a part of the haul for Butler, in a lot of ways. We are getting so close to NBA hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I think in retrospect that is true probably given how Lauri has played, but at the time I agree with Fanatic it was definitely LaVine. I can't imagine they'd think moving up 9 spots was their main haul for Jimmy Butler?

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast