Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1838
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    He may not need to be a superstar to earn his deal, but for this team to win big he has (or someone else) to become a superstar. I don't think we will be picking high next year either. I'm just not sure where the star(s)are going to come from. I'll admit Lavine has potential, but I don't see him becoming a game changer.
    Boston is stacked and so is GS. Itís going to take a miracle for the Bulls to be true contenders in the next couple of years. They need to stay the course and continue to gather talent. Maybe they draw a star free agent (probably not) but they donít have many options. Canít just lose talent with potential still. Especially at a contract thatís not even remotely crippling.

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I definitely don't expect that. Hoiberg isn't much of a defensive coach, Thibs couldn't get him to defend, he'll probably have a new coach (whether he's here or dealt somewhere else) before the end of this contract. Guys don't usually transform into good defenders 5 years into the league. The hope is he becomes a plus plus offensive player. I personally don't see it, but I hope it happens now that we've matched. He and Lauri kinda have to be those guys if this team is going anywhere in the near future.
    I think heíll improve. Probably wonít ever be great or even very good defensively but he should get better. Korver improved defensively as his career progressed. Itís certainly do-able.

The Nets signed Allen Crabbe a couple years ago to a 4 year deal for 5 million less than what Lavine just signed for. If this Bulls roster isn't good in 2-3 years his contract is essentially coming off the books and you can move on. I much rather pay Lavine for what he is than risk him breaking out with the Kings. The Bulls can't afford to lose talent for nothing when they're still in the rebuilding phase of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    The Nets signed Allen Crabbe a couple years ago to a 4 year deal for 5 million less than what Lavine just signed for. If this Bulls roster isn't good in 2-3 years his contract is essentially coming off the books and you can move on. I much rather pay Lavine for what he is than risk him breaking out with the Kings. The Bulls can't afford to lose talent for nothing when they're still in the rebuilding phase of the process.
    100%

For the love of god melo, when you're a free agent sign with the warriors. The melt would be epic

With zach back all the eggs are in the davis basket now. Get him in 2020 and hopefully have assets to get an unhappy superstar

Hopefully we shouldn't need two max players anyway. If just one of our guys becomes that"guy" and the rest are damn good, we're damn good, especially if we add a Anthony Davis. Houston is contending with one superstar, one star and some good role players. Spurs competed with one superstar for years. Hell, Lebron was the only "superstar" on his team and Boston doesn't have a single "superstar" and is the favorite to come out the East.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-06-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Hopefully we shouldn't need two max players anyway. If just one of our guys becomes that"guy" and the rest are damn good, we're damn good. Houston is contending with one superstar, one star and some good role players. Spurs competed with one superstar for years. Hell, Lebron was the only "superstar" on his team and Boston doesn't have a single "superstar" and is the favorite to come out the East.
    I appreciate your optimism, but the odds of anyone on the current roster becoming as valuable as LeBron or Harden are pretty slim. I'd say Lavine and Lauri have ceilings of #2 guys on a contender, which is nice, but what's going to make it or break this organization going forward is either landing a legit stud in the draft and/or a #1 guy in FA.

I'm hoping they could be that number two, or two and three, we'd be signing OR trading for that number 1.

Iím not really a fan of LaVines game but I canít say Iím surprised they matched. I have 0 faith in the FO, coach, or direction of where the franchise is going so itís whatever. Theyíll probably contend for an 8th seed in a bad conference and just be stuck in NBA hell for the foreseeable future.

If you can get an eighth seed with a team where everyone's under 25, think you're doing damn good. Being a low playoff seed isn't bad if you have an entire roster of young developing players. You'll rarely jump from 30 wins to 55 wins in one season. If you continually miss the playoffs, you're doing a bad job drafting, lol

Itís boston and everybody else in the east right now. Philly is overrated, Toronto is a joke, Indy could easily take a step back. Of course the main goal is to win a chip, but you have to work towards that and I believe this team is doing that.

I don't understand the logic of letting him walk at that number. Maybe if we were a West Coast team with a better FO then sure but come on, cannot let talent like this walk out the door for nothing.

So glad they matched.

Think it's more people overestimating what 20 mill buys in todays NBA. Superstars are getting 30 mill and up, good starters are getting 20 mill. CP3 just got 40 mill a year and it will keep increasing. Trying to think of another team whose highest paid player makes less than 19.5, I'm coming up with Philly and Phoenix, two teams that have been tanking forever. We still have some of the best books in the league, and will be even better next year when Rolo and Asik are off. Let's just be happy we got him back for less than max, cause people were talking potential max a couple of months ago.

I'm happy we have matched.
    And it sounds like we have a injury protection on the contract.

Obviously he needs to improve, mostly is defense, but he is already a good player with potential to be better.

Like infinity said, a couple of months ago we were discussing if we should give him the max.

+ he makes the team better (or I hope) and no FA will want to come here if this team isn't better than last year

Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast