Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 58 of 123 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1838
  1. #856
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,835
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The nba isnít about small market teams. And this is a unique situation. Boogie is coming off an injury. Life isnít fair and neither is the nba. Players are free to sign wherever they want. Can you name another instance this even happened? Itís not remotely common.
    The problem is its becomiming more and more Common. And its making the league unwatchable. The best years i remember watchibg the nba was when the Detroit pistons were able to make their runs. But in todays nba a teamvlike that sucks because u basically have Kobe and Shaq lakers adding allen Iverson and KG to their roster.

    What happens when players just form 2-4 massive super teams. Why bother having the other 26.

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,880
    Not like there was a big money contract out there with a contender, either. We were JUST discussing who's left to pay him, lol

  3. #858
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The problem is its becomiming more and more Common. And its making the league unwatchable. The best years i remember watchibg the nba was when the Detroit pistons were able to make their runs. But in todays nba a teamvlike that sucks because u basically have Kobe and Shaq lakers adding allen Iverson and KG to their roster.

    What happens when players just form 2-4 massive super teams. Why bother having the other 26.
    Itís becoming more common for a star player to sign for the minimum? Have examples?

    The NBA has usually only had 3-4 teams with a legit chance to win a title. Next year a star or two will sign with LA. The NBA has never been like the NFL, NBA or NHL where s bunch of teams could win. Itís never been set up like that. Itís not really anything new.

  4. #859
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    At least AD to Chicago looking nice
    Problem there is the Celts have the most assets to get AD and also the best core to give him a chance vs the Dream Warriors

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Can't believe so many people are mad. Who did y'all think would win it all this year?

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Can't believe so many people are mad. Who did y'all think would win it all this year?
    Yeah, I donít get it either. And I will remind everyone of this.........

    The Warriors were a healthy CP3 away from getting knocked the **** out in the playoffs. A series where they did not look good, yet alone great. And they didnít look good the series before that either. They did not look like a cohesive, well oiled machine that they should. And I canít imagine Boogie fixing that problem. Again, if CP3 didnít get hurt, the Warriors would have embarrassingly been sent packing.

  7. #862
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,835
    Because honestly the league is so ****ed right now in terms if competitiveness and it just got worse. How does arguably the best SF and Center join a team who was the best team in the nba already. How the **** do u compete with that. How are we supposed to enjoy this brand of basketball when its sooo lopsided. Imagine watching any other competitive sport and feeling like well **** no chance for anyone. The nba Has become a 1 team league. Even if the Bulls era each fanbase that was good felt like there was a chance.

    IMO. This is the worst the nba has been in a long time as a fan. I dont feel like there is a team out there that can come close to this tallent wise. And Unfortunatly its not because of great drafting or trades. Players just walk there.

    Unfortunatly Lebron ****ing started this ****. And now its like nobody wants to play and beat the best. They want to join the best and make things easy.

    I supose its easy to not care if your just a bulls fan. As honestly this does not do anything to us. But seriousky as a fan of the nba who likes to watch good competitive basketball the nba is just Broken to me.

    We are literally having the wester Conference all stars Vs the rest of the league at this point. And this is what the 2018-19 nba season will be.

    Rockets (the closest thing to beating the wariors) remain the same and the Warriors add Demarcus cousins.

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Because honestly the league is so ****ed right now in terms if competitiveness and it just got worse. How does arguably the best SF and Center join a team who was the best team in the nba already. How the **** do u compete with that. How are we supposed to enjoy this brand of basketball when its sooo lopsided. Imagine watching any other competitive sport and feeling like well **** no chance for anyone. The nba Has become a 1 team league. Even if the Bulls era each fanbase that was good felt like there was a chance.

    IMO. This is the worst the nba has been in a long time as a fan. I dont feel like there is a team out there that can come close to this tallent wise. And Unfortunatly its not because of great drafting or trades. Players just walk there.

    Unfortunatly Lebron ****ing started this ****. And now its like nobody wants to play and beat the best. They want to join the best and make things easy.

    I supose its easy to not care if your just a bulls fan. As honestly this does not do anything to us. But seriousky as a fan of the nba who likes to watch good competitive basketball the nba is just Broken to me.

    We are literally having the wester Conference all stars Vs the rest of the league at this point. And this is what the 2018-19 nba season will be.

    Rockets (the closest thing to beating the wariors) remain the same and the Warriors add Demarcus cousins.
    I get your frustration, but players have control of where they play and should. Cousins chose to make a lot less money. You canít really get around it. FWIW, people said the same stuff when the bulls got Rodman.

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Because honestly the league is so ****ed right now in terms if competitiveness and it just got worse. How does arguably the best SF and Center join a team who was the best team in the nba already. How the **** do u compete with that. How are we supposed to enjoy this brand of basketball when its sooo lopsided. Imagine watching any other competitive sport and feeling like well **** no chance for anyone. The nba Has become a 1 team league. Even if the Bulls era each fanbase that was good felt like there was a chance.

    IMO. This is the worst the nba has been in a long time as a fan. I dont feel like there is a team out there that can come close to this tallent wise. And Unfortunatly its not because of great drafting or trades. Players just walk there.

    Unfortunatly Lebron ****ing started this ****. And now its like nobody wants to play and beat the best. They want to join the best and make things easy.

    I supose its easy to not care if your just a bulls fan. As honestly this does not do anything to us. But seriousky as a fan of the nba who likes to watch good competitive basketball the nba is just Broken to me.

    We are literally having the wester Conference all stars Vs the rest of the league at this point. And this is what the 2018-19 nba season will be.

    Rockets (the closest thing to beating the wariors) remain the same and the Warriors add Demarcus cousins.
    It was already that though. Everyone knew they were most likely going to win without Cousins this coming season. He will most likely be gone after the season. If not, then one of play or Durant are.

    Hell this is if Cousins come back and is anything good. People don't recover from Achilles all to well.

  10. #865
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    673
    I dont know why everyone is crying here over this. If anything, having 14 of the top 15 players according to espin in the west is a good thing. allows your team to grow. if you have the assets and in the east you can strike a deal hopefully for a superstar or star that wants out of the western logjam company. let your team grow, build your assets then if the opportunity comes, pounce. the west will eventually implode.

  11. #866
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Because honestly the league is so ****ed right now in terms if competitiveness and it just got worse. How does arguably the best SF and Center join a team who was the best team in the nba already. How the **** do u compete with that. How are we supposed to enjoy this brand of basketball when its sooo lopsided. Imagine watching any other competitive sport and feeling like well **** no chance for anyone. The nba Has become a 1 team league. Even if the Bulls era each fanbase that was good felt like there was a chance.

    IMO. This is the worst the nba has been in a long time as a fan. I dont feel like there is a team out there that can come close to this tallent wise. And Unfortunatly its not because of great drafting or trades. Players just walk there.

    Unfortunatly Lebron ****ing started this ****. And now its like nobody wants to play and beat the best. They want to join the best and make things easy.

    I supose its easy to not care if your just a bulls fan. As honestly this does not do anything to us. But seriousky as a fan of the nba who likes to watch good competitive basketball the nba is just Broken to me.

    We are literally having the wester Conference all stars Vs the rest of the league at this point. And this is what the 2018-19 nba season will be.

    Rockets (the closest thing to beating the wariors) remain the same and the Warriors add Demarcus cousins.

    pretty much lebron has two years to win a title. if the lakers dont get kwahi they are fvcked beyond belief. the nuggets are the team primed to pounce when golden state splinters and they will. kd is 30 hes not staying there till hes 35 when he hinted at retiring by then. right now the east has the chance to gather assets everywhere and when it shifts, which it eventually will. will become the power conference. you have boston and philly now, that not good but its a 2-3 year window. boston has the assets to make it longer but there are teams in the east like the bulls stockpiling assets that they hope turn into stars or become chips to trade. again imo if, and i think its coming dame lillard asks out of portland the bulls can pounce. doesnt matter what tweedle poster said before about him not coming here. unless he has a no trade clause and chicago is on the list, its irrelevant. hes under control for three more years. bulls have assets and picks to offer with the ability to keep lauri and lavine. i have no faith in this front office but if you get a guy who wants to win and make him the dude on your team he can sell to upcoming free agents. its a gamble, worse case is you get nobody else, lillard leaves but lavine and larui bloom giving you the option to still build around or unload for another tank job.
    Last edited by Farty Farts; 07-03-2018 at 12:04 AM.

  12. #867
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,835
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I get your frustration, but players have control of where they play and should. Cousins chose to make a lot less money. You canít really get around it. FWIW, people said the same stuff when the bulls got Rodman.
    Not true at all. U realize the Bulls traded for Rodman right. They had to give up the best offer to SA for him. U can debate if Will Purdue was a good value or not. But Rodman was far from a Top 10 player in the nba either.

    The Bulls would have had to add Patrick Ewing and and Magic Johnson to compare to this. And not via trade either. Just hey come play with us. And thar never happenee and its why the league was competitive. Wait. I correcr myzelf. They did team up for the dream team.

  13. #868
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    At least AD to Chicago looking nice

    if the bulls want AD they have to get a star before then. If hes traded to Boston for example who more than plenty has the assets if not more to beat any offer from chicago gets him, cant see him bailing on kyrie and tatum. there are two ways to get one, trade for the unhappy one who wants out (not kwahi, he wouldnt stay) who is under control or hope lauri/lavine bloom pretty fvcking quickly

  14. #869
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not true at all. U realize the Bulls traded for Rodman right. They had to give up the best offer to SA for him. U can debate if Will Purdue was a good value or not. But Rodman was far from a Top 10 player in the nba either.

    The Bulls would have had to add Patrick Ewing and and Magic Johnson to compare to this. And not via trade either. Just hey come play with us. And thar never happenee and its why the league was competitive. Wait. I correcr myzelf. They did team up for the dream team.
    Yep. They traded for him. It was still a bunch of the rich get richer stuff, the nba is helping them, etc...I made the same, it was a trade, argument that you just did to people then.

    I think itís a good deal for boogie. He gets a no pressure year to rehab, to stay out of the spotlight, play nice with teamates, actually win, and so on.He signs for 5 mil for a year without the expectations that would come with a big deal or with a lesser team that will roast him because he misses half the season. Next year he signs a max wherever he likes when heís healthy. Heís gonna make more money going this route barring another injury. Heíll lose 15 this season vs. 20-40 over the course of the next few seasons. We donít know what his actual market was shaping up to be.
    Last edited by benny01; 07-03-2018 at 12:32 AM.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,168
    On the bright side, Randle at 2 years 18 million should meannwe can get a bargain for Portis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •