Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    Glad to see some people coming around to not resigning Lavine if he is being offered too much money. People in here were basically telling me I was nuts for bringing this up a few weeks ago.
    No way do you lose Zach Lavine for nothing. Heís an asset. Thatís the thing thatís hard to acquire in this league. You pay what you need to keep him or work out a sign and trade at the very least. No good GM allows a young good asset walk out the door before his prime. Trust me the bulls FO had to know this day was coming for Lavine when they traded for him. What exactly was the expectations for his level of play coming in after sitting out over half from a major knee injury? So theyíre not signing him because of his play this year? Why even trade for him then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fanatic; 06-29-2018 at 10:24 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    Glad to see some people coming around to not resigning Lavine if he is being offered too much money. People in here were basically telling me I was nuts for bringing this up a few weeks ago.
    While I agree I dont want to overpay him. Its a hard sell to think back and say we ended up with Dunn and Mark for Jimmy and thats it.

The good news is though that there are soo few teams who could even offer Lavine 25 mil a year that I think its extremely unlikely

Just to Run through the Numbers Via Sportrac (can find info here)

There are Basically only 7 teams with over 20 mil in practical cap space. This means that They renounce all cap holds and everyone basically opts into contracts (which we can no predict)

Those 7 teams are as Followed

LA LAKERS with $63,512,727
    CHICAGO BULLS with $39,465,657
    DALLAS MAVERICKS with $36,806,734
    PHILLIDELPHIA 76ERS with $30,505,304
    ATLANTA HAWKS with $29,165,650
    SACRAMENTO KINGS with $24,587,884
    HOUSTON ROCKETS with $20,611,032

Lets Run through the list

Lakers are the Bigest # and the biggest threat IMO. None of their cap holds are really worth holding on to. So really their 63 mil is legit. They could offer Lavine Max and easily have enough to spare.

Bulls I really should not need to mention as we have his Bird rights and can sign him over cap. but just for fun bulls have cap hold for Wendell Carter Chandler Hutchison and David Nwaba totaling to $8,122,711. which cuts our cap down to $31,342,946. Bulls also have a 10+ mil on vonley however i dont think we made him a QO so its Nul. and Lavine has a $9,606,653 cap hold himself, which He likely gets paid more than that so its kinda a moot point. Bulls should have 31,342,946 in cap to resign Lavine and offer somebody else a contract or soak up one.

Dallas Just drafted Doncic who has a $6,504,600 cap hold. Meaning they are actually at $30,302,134

Philly only has one cap hold I think is worth noting for Zaire Smith which is at $2,589,480. Meaning nearly all of that 30 mil they have can be used to sign somebody. Luckily it sounds like they are looking for bigger Fish than Lavine however they are another team if they miss out on the big fish could some swiming in our pond and offer him max.

Atlanta has $29,165,650 and to me 3 guys to report cap holds on, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman were all just drafted and to me likley to sign to the team. They have a total of $9,149,160 dedicated in cap holds meaning their real total in FA is $20,016,490

Sacramento (who has reportedly got interest) I have already gone over, but just for reference Sake After you subtract Bagley and his $7,243,440 they only have $17,344,444 to spend on any FA. To me this is more than easy to match, even if its a 4 or 5 year deal.

Houston (I am honestly not sure why i even bring them up) has a $7,003,585 cap hold on Capella and if they plan to retain Paul another $35,350,000. So really they may have 13 if they get rid of paul which is not happening.

After Houston Orlando is the next most cap space with 16 mil and have Aaron Gordon caping all of that because he is restricted. and they had 16.

So in Reality here are what the options look like for Lavine to accept the max

Lakers with $63,512,727 However Hopefully they go after Bigger Fish but be careful if they do not get Lebron and company to come. because Lavine could easily Be a Fallback target

Dallas with $30,302,134 But reports are they are going after some sort of Big man, Likely Cousins or Capella, maybe Jordan

76ers with $27,915,824 Which Honestly I am not sure but Zack could possibly slide in pretty nice there so there may be cause for concern.

or the Bulls make him a max offer (which would just be stupid)

Outside of that, 20 mil looks like the most he could get from Atlanta. and I am not sure they want to pair Trae Young with Zack, but you never Know.

TO ME: I would match any Deal starting at 20 or less. Easily, at a Full max, I am not sure what to do. I think the timeline would be the deciding factor because i would give Zack 2 year 50 easily and just hope he can live up. and if not the long term commitment isnt there.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-29-2018 at 10:26 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

So Question Vollying off of the previous post. Which team is signing Zack to max.

The LA Lakers
    Dallas Mavericks
    Philly 76ers
    or the Bulls just making him that offer.

Because NO OTHER TEAM CAN Unless they start trading for cap space.

But LOL. Watch the bulls take on Zack Randolph for a 2nd rounder and loose Lavine to the kings by helping them create the cap space necessary.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I donít think LaVine is offered the max. Some team (probably the Kings) will offer him around $16-18M per year. The Bulls will match.

The Lakers arenít getting involved here. It makes no sense to strap themselves with that contract when they are big game hunting over the next two off seasons.

Back to my other question about the Lakers. Iíd take on Dengís contract for Lonzo Ball and the rights to Moe Wagner (if the Bulls donít think Portis re-signs) or a future 1st rounder (which wonít be that good with you know who probably headed there).

The question is what are the Bulls sending back. Iíd say take Felicio, Zipser and a 2nd round pick.

The Lonzo thing to me is intriguing. Yes he wasnít great his first year but the kid has talent. The Bulls need talent. Why not take a chance on him. If LaVine comes back, you have nice depth at the guard positions with Dunn, Ball, LaVine, Nwaba, Payne and Denzel.

I am one who does not give a **** about his dad. The guy is legit insane. Iíve talked to him on the phone to book him for a show and he is exactly how you think heíd be just talking to him. But in the end, it doesnít matter.

But the Bulls need talent and it was just a year ago he was a top 2 pick in the draft. Yes he needs some work, but also just getting out of LA may help this kid relax a bit. We know he can be a great passer, but his game needs work. Well this whole team needs work and getting him to pair with Dunn and LaVine give the Bulls a nice trio to play the primary guard minutes with Nwaba as well. I donít want Cam Payne around much at all. Iím not a fan of his.

Iíd only bring Moe Wagner back in the deal if the Bulls think Bobby Portis wonít sign a deal with them. Because they are pretty similar style players IMO. And Iíd love Moe here because Iím a Michigan and a big fan of his attitude and game. So if they can keep Portis, then get a future pick instead (which may be the better play here). But his pick and pop game would be nice coming off the bench.

But in the end this is about the Bulls needing talent. They arenít going to be picking as high as they were IMO next year assuming LaVine is back and healthy all year. Lonzo gives you actual upside plus youíll probably have another pick in the late lottery next year in a decent draft.

Iíd start the season like this

PG- Dunn/Lonzo/Payne
    SG- LaVine/Nwaba/Valentine
    SF- Holiday/Hutchinson/Deng
    PF-Markannen/Portis
    C- Carter/Lopez/Asik

Let Lonzo and Dunn compete all season for that starting PG position. Dunn can also play off ball as a defender at certain points.

Lopez and Asik are both going to be gone after this next year and off the books.

Just my opinion, Iím not 100% sure what the Lakers would have to take back to make salaries work, but if Iím the Bulls I get them to take Felicioís contract.

To answer your question on Lonzo. I dont mind him but i do think he is over rated. Never liked shooters who can't hit FTs and for that reason to me i domt ever expect him to be much more than Rondo was in his prime.

And as far as the point on Lavar. I hear too much about him and his kids already. So i cant imagine how much more u here from him if he had a kid playing for your team. He is allways on ESPN and to me Lavar is a great reason to hate a franchise. He talks so much ****. U know he is gonna come out and say bulls sweep the Laker super team next year. Like its just stupid for stupid sake. And unfortunatly the media has made his voice so loud its hard to ignore.

But let me put it this way. Liangelo Ball had no right to be considered an NBA Prospect...... Yet for some reason he became one of the highest profile guys in the draft. And that is thr Lavar affect.

What happens when he starts claiming the bulls should trade Lauri for not passing lonzo the ball. Or trade up to get Lammello at the price of Lauri. Or They muat sign Liangelo or Ball won't resign.

I just already hear too much of thst nosense. Why so i want our bulls attatched to that.

He was a 67% free throw shooter in college. He wonít shoot 45% again.

As far as LaVar goes, he said that **** about LiAngelo and the Lakers told him to his face that he wasnít even going to be a part of the summer league team and he didnít really say anything. Again, Iím not worried about LaVar at all. Let him do his talking, the office doesnít have to listen to a word of it. This is all about getting the Bulls as much talent as possible.

Lonzo has talent, get him if you can IMO. Especially if itís just taking on a contract like Dengís.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    LaVine is going to beast this season. Just you watch. Iím thinking he becomes a 22-24 PPG scorer this year on good efficiency. Heís also an adept ball handler. Those types of guys get paid.

People like to point out you donít pay guys based on what they did in the past. Well, in that case you have to project what theyíre going to do in the future and Iím willing to bet Zach breaks out this season.

You be smoking some good **** props to you,

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    You be smoking some good **** props to you,
    Interesting. You don't think Zach could be a 22-24 PPG scorer? He averaged 17 last season in 27 MPG coming off an ACL injury....

1) the person we should ask for is Kuzma, not Lonzo. Lakers need money to sign all those FA? Give us Kuzma and Deng and we'll absord those contracts. Lonzo would be a ****ing disaster. Not to mention do we need ANOTHER guy with a knee issue?

2) People saying Lavar wouldn't do **** in Chicago.... Did they forget about Reggie? Reggie wasn't even in the media like Lavar is and completely fractured the relationship between Rose and the Bulls.

3) If we lose Lavine for nothing, that would be another ding for this awful front office. I mean, he was the main guy around the whole Butler trade, and to let him walk to another team would be ****ing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    1) the person we should ask for is Kuzma, not Lonzo. Lakers need money to sign all those FA? Give us Kuzma and Deng and we'll absord those contracts. Lonzo would be a ****ing disaster. Not to mention do we need ANOTHER guy with a knee issue?

2) People saying Lavar wouldn't do **** in Chicago.... Did they forget about Reggie? Reggie wasn't even in the media like Lavar is and completely fractured the relationship between Rose and the Bulls.

3) If we lose Lavine for nothing, that would be another ding for this awful front office. I mean, he was the main guy around the whole Butler trade, and to let him walk to another team would be ****ing dumb.
    Agreed. Kuzma would have to be the guy and you have to keep LaVine. Hopefully nobody offers him a max though. I doubt it.

Kuzma plays the same position as Lauri, why would we want him? Neither would be effective at SF and we just drafted Carter to play center. Pretty sure Lonzo will end up better than Dunn, don't think Kuzma ends up better than Lauri.

If they wanna sign both Lebron and PG, Iíll take Ingram, Deng and another contract if theyíd like to dump, and let Lavine walk.

Dunn
    Valentine/Holiday
    Ingram
    Lauri
    WCJ

Grab a SG in next yearís draft and thatís a solid core going forward.

Wouldn't happen but I'd rather have Ingram over both.

sorry. want to build a core and see what you got. sign capella, move wcj for ingram in a three team with the spurs, again include portis. i dont think ingram is worth both a 1st rounder and portis but the spurs are going to want pieces.

dunn
    lavine
    ingram
    lauri
    capella

you give it a few or two seasons to see if ingram, lavine or lauri can either be a trio or at worst one becomes a stud. then you have assets to move in dunn, capella and maybe one of ingram/lauri/lavine to get your other stud if needed.

i got this idea from kellerman who says lebron should go to la and if they cant get anyone else, gather young assets like walker to go with ingram and kuzma...then you have the option of trading for someone or having the pieces for a sign a trade. same idea here, hope you have an alpha in the making or two, or three. if not move assets around to build your roster in the future. no offense to wcj but ingram even if both arent studs in two years will still have more value as an asset than he will.

Hard pass on the Balls. LA canít wait to get rid of him and good players donít want to play with him. Very easy decision.

Page 43 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast