Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Not re-signing Lavine means he was basically a one month rental. You have to re-sign him, even if you trade him later. Losing assets for nothing is something teams in purgatory do as well.
    There are far more teams stuck from signing a guy or guys to the wrong contract as opposed to letting people walk, regardless of return.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    There are far more teams stuck from signing a guy or guys to the wrong contract as opposed to letting people walk, regardless of return.
    Yes. But I can easily argue most of those guys dont have zacks ability. U wamt to criticise signings fine but criticise guys who cant live up to that contract like Felecio. Zack has all the potential in the world to be as good as he wants to be.

Side note. Zack lavine is suposedly one of the hardest working guys in the NBA. And at 23 he has plenty of room to still grow. I dont think there is any reason not to expect him to get back to form or even better. (Barring injury) i dont beleive its smart to give up on a guy whose potential is off the charts and works as hard as he does. If he was lazy and/or living off hype (like Wiggins) i might consider it but still u have to sign and trade him over loosing him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Yes. But I can easily argue most of those guys dont have zacks ability. U wamt to criticise signings fine but criticise guys who cant live up to that contract like Felecio. Zack has all the potential in the world to be as good as he wants to be.

Side note. Zack lavine is suposedly one of the hardest working guys in the NBA. And at 23 he has plenty of room to still grow. I dont think there is any reason not to expect him to get back to form or even better. (Barring injury) i dont beleive its smart to give up on a guy whose potential is off the charts and works as hard as he does. If he was lazy and/or living off hype (like Wiggins) i might consider it but still u have to sign and trade him over loosing him for nothing.
    Anyone suggesting we let Lavine walk for nothing is just insane or really, really donít like his game. First it makes no sense business wise. You lose a valuable asset that you just acquired from trading away the most valuable asset of your franchise. Granted we did get other assets in Lauri and Dunn but to even consider losing Lavine before you even give him a legitimate opportunity to show what he can do is crazy. Secondly, I believe Zach can be a top 3 SG in the east for years TJ come. Canít wait for Zach to do his thing and silence the critics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with the last couple posts. Zach has everything you could want as far as intangibles. When he gets his strength and confidence in his body back, which I think he will after a healthy summer, heís going to start getting to the rim more and getting more calls. Furthermore, heís athletic enough to become a better defender once he gets more experience and becomes smarter. Iím stoked to see him develop with that shot and athleticism already in waiting.

Kinda wish we had kept Niko or at least gotten expirings back for him. I know i would love to trade with the lakers and aquire an asset to take on a guy like Deng. But I dont think we can with our limited space ourselves. (Assuming we resing lavine to near 20 mil per)

But we have so much cap stacked up at center with Felecio Asik and Lopez (making a combibed 34 Mil between the 3 of them). And them all being our highest paid players right now which is kinda pathetic.

Kinda wish we had kept Niko or at least gotten expirings back for him. I know i would love to trade with the lakers and aquire an asset to take on a guy like Deng. But I dont think we can with our limited space ourselves. (Assuming we resing lavine to near 20 mil per)

But we have so much cap stacked up at center with Felecio Asik and Lopez (making a combibed 34 Mil between the 3 of them). And them all being our highest paid players right now which is kinda pathetic.
    Even if we max Lavine I believe we have a lot of space still. And no, give me the pick every time over keeping Niko or getting back simply other expirings. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Even if we max Lavine I believe we have a lot of space still. And no, give me the pick every time over keeping Niko or getting back simply other expirings. That makes no sense.
    Not enough to take on a contract likr deng to get an asset though.

Not enough to take on a contract likr deng to get an asset though.
    Depends on the deal and the asset actually

Id rather have a cost controlled pick over likely most deals you'd propose (i.e. takin back a **** contract for some type of asset)

Quite possible we won't have all three centers to start next season. There are a LOT worse contracts than Lopez, Asik, or Felicio. We could use one of them to take a worse contract and an asset, and still have cap room to add a FA or two. If we don't take a bad contract, we'll have so much cap room in 2019 it's not funny. Lopez gone and can buy out Asik for 3 mill.

Also, getting the feeling Rodney Hood will be available for much cheaper than a few months ago. like 3yrs, 30 mill. Don't think his value could get lower, and he's not even injured. Could be a steal rather than taking a bad deal.
    Last edited by infinity2152; Yesterday at 10:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123