Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Posting from phone.

Here is a link about porter jr surgery. Haven't seen his medicals but doubt his surgeon was a hack.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/6/...injury-surgery

Why do people want partication ribbons from being good in the east? Makes no sense, like some have no common sense or ever achieved anything worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Why do people want partication ribbons from being good in the east? Makes no sense, like some have no common sense or ever achieved anything worthwhile
    Because a lot of people put value in building a competitive team rather than the championship or bust ďall or nothingĒ approach.

Its not like anyone here doesnít want a post Jordan championship, but itís hard to watch 50+ games a year of losing basketball even if you think thatís the best long term strategy to get back to being a legitimate contender. Thatís literally ~125 hours of time watching basketball. I for one want to enjoy being a fan each day, not just for a short period of time when the team is relevant.

With the reports of Butler unhappy with the Twolves younger players (KAT) and others and wanting to team with Kyrie does anyone think there is a open possibility that Butler would come back to the Bulls? That would be the ultimate fleecing.

WCJ
    Lauri
    Butler
    LaVine
    Kyrie

One can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aapox View Post
    Because a lot of people put value in building a competitive team rather than the championship or bust ďall or nothingĒ approach.

Its not like anyone here doesnít want a post Jordan championship, but itís hard to watch 50+ games a year of losing basketball even if you think thatís the best long term strategy to get back to being a legitimate contender. Thatís literally ~125 hours of time watching basketball. I for one want to enjoy being a fan each day, not just for a short period of time when the team is relevant.
    In addition, tanking is in no way a guarantee of winning anything. Typically, champions are built by several different moves and decisions all working out and those players' ability to thrive under a strong coach. We have some good pieces. It is quite possible to be competitive and rebuild at the same time. I am comfortable adding pieces that fit age wise and better the team, if they are at the right price. I am ok resigning Lavine if it is not at a ridiculous price. The most likely path to a championship for the Bulls is not through the draft. At this point, they need to show that they are competitive, have a few players elevate their games to at least secondary star status, and make themselves a place players want to come to. Someone will want to come to Chicago if we look like we can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkels View Post
    With the reports of Butler unhappy with the Twolves younger players (KAT) and others and wanting to team with Kyrie does anyone think there is a open possibility that Butler would come back to the Bulls? That would be the ultimate fleecing.

WCJ
    Lauri
    Butler
    LaVine
    Kyrie

One can dream right?

Will be NY or Chi

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Bulls are actually playing it smart, the only free agents who moved so farwho we would actually want is Lebron, an we need to let our young players play. Only starting position open, assuming we sign Lavine is SF. Definitely don't want Ariza for 15. Didn't want Howard, Hezonga's about the only deal we probably should have gotten in on, and I think he's friends with Porzingas.

Once all the money is gone, Bulls have leverage with remaining free agents. They also may want to retain cap for a deadline deal, particularly with teams trying to clear for next summer.

What remaining free agents do we even want right now? I'd pay for Tyreke, most would disagree, not for Parker, Bucks probably match any reasonable offer. Hood, don't believe Cavs will match a contract over 10 mill. Lavine and Nwaba still have to be signed thats two free agents we have to sign right there. Would not sign Smart, believes he's a product of the system. Definitely don't need a center.

And I think Butler choices will be LA, NY or Chi, we have the most history and don't think there's animosity from the trade, but he loves LA and Bron is there now.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-03-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Bulls could have a ton of space next season if they wanted to.

Next year's salaries that will be around:
    Kris Dunn (5.3M TO)
    Cristiano Felicio ($8.1)
    Lauri Markannen ($5.3M TO)
    Omer Asik ($11.9M PO)
    Wendell Carter Jr. ($5.3M)
    Chandler Hutchinson ($2.3M)
    Total= $38.2M for 6 players

Guys that can go away:
    Denzel Valentine ($3.4M TO)
    Sean Kilpatrick ($2M TO)
    Paul Zipser ($1.7M TO)

Guys you'd like to keep but need to figure out:
    Zach LaVine- Could need to let walk this year for $ reasons.
    Bobby Portis- Trying to get long term deal done and would be a nice bench piece.

Bulls would have enough money for two max contracts if my math is correct. To me it's all about if Jimmy will come back to Chicago.

Here's another thought, anybody here besides me want to see the Bulls go at Derozan? Rumor has it nobody's off limit there, his 3pt shot is developing, one of the most athletic guys in the league, great scorer, and at 6'7" can play SF.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Bulls are actually playing it smart, the only free agents who moved so farwho we would actually want is Lebron, an we need to let our young players play. Only starting position open, assuming we sign Lavine is SF. Definitely don't want Ariza for 15. Didn't want Howard, Hezonga's about the only deal we probably should have gotten in on, and I think he's friends with Porzingas.

Once all the money is gone, Bulls have leverage with remaining free agents. They also may want to retain cap for a deadline deal, particularly with teams trying to clear for next summer.

What remaining free agents do we even want right now? I'd pay for Tyreke, most would disagree, not for Parker, Bucks probably match any reasonable offer. Hood, don't believe Cavs will match a contract over 10 mill. Lavine and Nwaba still have to be signed thats two free agents we have to sign right there. Would not sign Smart, believes he's a product of the system. Definitely don't need a center.

And I think Butler choices will be LA, NY or Chi, we have the most history and don't think there's animosity from the trade, but he loves LA and Bron is there now.
    Agreed. Although people complain and find it boring that we aren't doing anything the Bulls are playing this perfectly and I am just guessing that we will more likely see a short term deal with Lavine more than a long term 4 year contract. I am iffy on Parker like others. I would only do a 2 year deal and at that point Bucks will probably match.

I think Jimmy might consider coming back. He loves chicago and still good terms with pax but not gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkels View Post

WCJ
    Lauri
    Butler
    LaVine
    Kyrie

One can dream right?

I don't think it is that big a reach TBH. I think it is a real possibility. That line up does give the Bulls a solid shot in the East. It will be them and Boston.

I was thinking Lavine might do a 1+1 contract for $16-18M. It could make sense for him, prove it but don't undersell yourself.
    I'd personally love to have Jimmy Butler back, but others here have not been so keen on that.

I could see it happening.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Michael Scotto

The Chicago Bulls are open to sign-and-trade offers involving restricted free agent David Nwaba, league sources told The Athletic. Nwaba and the Bulls are currently at a stalemate in negotiations. He's received interest from several teams.

Well this is interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I was thinking Lavine might do a 1+1 contract for $16-18M. It could make sense for him, prove it but don't undersell yourself.
    I'd personally love to have Jimmy Butler back, but others here have not been so keen on that.

I could see it happening.
    If we are taking Jimmy back then I think Gar needs to go as I don't believe that relationship is well and I think we need a more experienced coach. I am not sure if LaVine would fit well if we would aggressively go after JB and Kyrie though. Lauri and Kyrie pick and roll would be amazing!