Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Draft Discussion

Now that we know the Celtics didnít land that #2 or #3 pick, it might be good to start discussing who we could land at #27.

Iím not sure how far Jontay Porter will fall, but Iíd really like to see them draft Jontay Porter. Whether that means packaging #27 with another Celtics 1st/2nd rounder to move up a bit or not, heís the youngest player in the draft and has a great feel for the game already.

With Al Horford mentoring him, I think he could develop an Al Horford-lite type of game. Heís a really good passer for his age, decent shot blocker, can make 3s, and doesnít really have any glaring weaknesses other than not being Uber athletic.

I'd be OK with Porter, but I'd also be surprised if he's still there at #27...

If there's a guy that DA likes and he'll be around in the 2nd round, I'd like to trade back with Atlanta and get their #30 and #33...

De'Anthony Melton is like a Smart and AB put together... Tenacious on D and a very good rebounder... Needs to work on his shooting, but so did AB and Smart... He's been out of USC since Feb, so I'm assuming he's been getting stronger and getting lots of reps with his shooting...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Might be a draft and stash type of year. Start looking at stash guys.

If this team goes to the Finals, I can see Danny bringing back the same group and essentially adding Kyrie and Gordon to it. Those 2 plus the progression of Tatum and Brown again and it's already a far better squad than the finals squad. Bring back Larkin and Baynes. let Monroe walk. Use the MLE to bring in a better fit as backup C.

City of Champions

trade up to get Mitchell Robinson

What's the deal with Udoka Azubuike? I think he's still waiting to decide about this year's draft. He shoots free throws like Shaq but the dude is a big and powerful inside player that defends the rim and the Celts met with him at the Combine fwiw. When they get Irving's offense back I think you can put a player like him on the floor that can defend the middle and go dunk crazy. Where he'd be in a mock right now is a big question mark but he looks like he belongs vs Ayton in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMtik3khJYQ

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    What's the deal with Udoka Azubuike? I think he's still waiting to decide about this year's draft. He shoots free throws like Shaq but the dude is a big and powerful inside player that defends the rim and the Celts met with him at the Combine fwiw. When they get Irving's offense back I think you can put a player like him on the floor that can defend the middle and go dunk crazy. Where he'd be in a mock right now is a big question mark but he looks like he belongs vs Ayton in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMtik3khJYQ
    Idk if he'd get on the floor with Stevens. He played no D in that video outside of blocking 1 shot. He's a force down low but IDK how effective he's going to be against NBA players. I'll have to do some more research on him.

City of Champions

Things can change, but as of right now there aren't too many international players in the draft...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Interesting to see what happens with Doncic... I think it would be a good idea for him to wait until next years draft... He would most likely be the #1 pick...

IMO, bad for the C's pick this year because everybody will likely move up a slot...

Very good for the 19' Sac pick because if Doncic goes #1, everybody else move down a slot...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Interesting to see what happens with Doncic... I think it would be a good idea for him to wait until next years draft... He would most likely be the #1 pick...

IMO, bad for the C's pick this year because everybody will likely move up a slot...

Very good for the 19' Sac pick because if Doncic goes #1, everybody else move down a slot...
    yeah, if Doncic decides for next year, Ayton is guaranteed the #1 slot which means the Kings don't get either of them and will likely be worse next season than they would be with Ayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Idk if he'd get on the floor with Stevens. He played no D in that video outside of blocking 1 shot. He's a force down low but IDK how effective he's going to be against NBA players. I'll have to do some more research on him.

Yeah he'd probably be a first year project but he has rare size and power, and if anyone can shape his game it's Stevens.

This video below from March Madness has me salivating. He's a force in the post and plays D.

Check it out...if he had an agent I'd be on the phone telling him I'd take him at #27...that seems to be a hang up right now with him coming out or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wV7JCRuX4

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Yeah he'd probably be a first year project but he has rare size and power, and if anyone can shape his game it's Stevens.

This video below from March Madness has me salivating. He's a force in the post and plays D.

Check it out...if he had an agent I'd be on the phone telling him I'd take him at #27...that seems to be a hang up right now with him coming out or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wV7JCRuX4
    Yeah I'm not overly impressed with that footage either. He's 7'0 280 and being guarded by a 6'9 230lb graduate student. He's not going to face that in the NBA.

His ups are terrible the block near the end of the video was not impressive. Barely got a finger on a scoop layup from a PG

The block at .55 would be a foul in the NBA all day.

His jump hook at 1.32 was nice.

Other than, not impressive. I see the potential there but definitely needs a lot of development. I just don't picture him as a Brad Stevens type player.

City of Champions

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/201...018-nba-draft/

Celtics worked out two Nova players, Donte Divicenzo and Omari Spellman. I definitely could see Spellman thriving in this system with his all-around game (and 7'2" wingspan), learning under Horford.
    Last edited by AntiG; 05-19-2018 at 01:31 AM.

I like Spellman too,he needs to have focus on keeping his weight down and if he has that and sharper game focus he is an interesting player.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    https://celticswire.usatoday.com/201...018-nba-draft/

Celtics worked out two Nova players, Donte Divicenzo and Omari Spellman. I definitely could see Spellman thriving in this system with his all-around game (and 7'2" wingspan), learning under Horford.
    Spellman was another guy I had my eye on in addition to Porter.

Heís not as good of a passer as Porter but I think heís a really good shooter for a big. I would still rather Porter since I think Porter has one of the highest basketball IQs in the entire draft, but I wouldnít mind Spellman either.

Both players need work on defense and I think Porter is actually a better athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Yeah I'm not overly impressed with that footage either. He's 7'0 280 and being guarded by a 6'9 230lb graduate student. He's not going to face that in the NBA.

His ups are terrible the block near the end of the video was not impressive. Barely got a finger on a scoop layup from a PG

The block at .55 would be a foul in the NBA all day.

His jump hook at 1.32 was nice.

Other than, not impressive. I see the potential there but definitely needs a lot of development. I just don't picture him as a Brad Stevens type player.

You're impressed but not overly impressed with Azubuike but you say Ayton is the clear #1 overall pick??? Did you happen to watch Arizona get destroyed by Buffalo in the first round of March Madness? Ayton ended up with 14 pts in 38 minutes playing against a team that had exactly one center on the roster who was only a freshman and played one total minute.

The number of top offers Azubuike received before signing with Kansas tells me he has enough talent to go with his size and power, and would be worth rolling the dice on at 27 IMO...IF...he actually enters the draft:

CAL, Auburn, Duke, Florida, FL State, Kentucky, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Texas, UConn, Wake Forest.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast