Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    ^ from the sounds of it, he probably forgot about the timezone difference, that 11am ET is 10am CT. I'll give him a pass for now lol his friends probably got him plastered last night...

He couldn't be located last night, that screwed up the time today (ahem). Celts gave him shade. His size and talent has already given the guy shade. Jackie Mac says the feeling is he has a low motor - that was before the pick.

My expectations are already lowered a good deal, Fab F'in Melo here we come...? now prove you belong, and then prove you were worth it.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    If anything the addition of Bagley helps keep them out of the #1 spot which benefits us.
    The new lottery format gives the bottom three teams an equal chance of getting the #1 overall pick and the 4th and 5th worst teams aren't that far behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He couldn't be located last night, that screwed up the time today (ahem). Celts gave him shade. His size and talent has already given the guy shade. Jackie Mac says the feeling is he has a low motor - that was before the pick.

My expectations are already lowered a good deal, Fab F'in Melo here we come...? now prove you belong, and then prove you were worth it.

I thought Vanderbilt was worth a shot at 27 because they have KI and GH coming back but Williams is a much stronger player and a better roll of the dice if he pans out. They have the chips to correct any mistake they made if it turns out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    I thought Vanderbilt was worth a shot at 27 because they have KI and GH coming back but Williams is a much stronger player and a better roll of the dice if he pans out. They have the chips to correct any mistake they made if it turns out that way.
    No question it's like throwing a $10 chip at a craps table on the way by. Low risk. Still, I'd say he's in the top 7 of possible busts in the first #27. Much easier to survive than say drafting #4 and having him be a bust.

I just know that life is easier when you show up early, bright eyed and ready to work hard vs. you don't show up, then act like u don't give a crap. True as an undergraduate, true as a pro, true in life.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

The C's had no choice but to go with the timezone excuse... You don't air out dirty laundry to the public...

I'm sure Williams was dealt with swiftly, maybe a fine when he inks his deal...

I think the excuse was BS, he overslept because he was probably up until who knows when...

Definitely a Cousins move, but I don't think Williams is anything like Cousins... Boogie seems to have a lot of pent up anger and no matter how old he gets he never seems to mature with age...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Oh sure, you don't air out the kid in public. But he's down a strike with the brass.

Definitely has to prove he's worth a few NBA contracts... He 'll get his 1.3mil, 1.6mil and 1.67mil by his 3rd year...

The thing that works in his favor is he doesn't have to be the scorer... He needs to play D, clean up the glass, set screens and throw down the occasional slam... It's on him if he wants to do all of that... It'll start with defense... Stevens should get Ojeleye on his ***...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Oh sure, you don't air out the kid in public. But he's down a strike with the brass.
    Absolutely, and like I said I'm sure he heard it from everybody... No prima donna crap going on with DA and Stevens... He's the 27th pick... Low risk high reward...
    Last edited by Forever35; 06-22-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Reggie Lewis

It's amazing how many of these guys who are taken in the 1st round pay the upfront fees like taxes, agent fees, training fees just take what's left and bolt after year 3... It's like they never wanted to even be in the NBA... Get that 1st contract and leave when it's over... No overseas, no G-League just get fat and chill with the homies... They were done putting all the work in...

I don't think that's Williams... Or I hope that's not Williams... I'll give him credit for believing that he was going to be a higher lottery pick this draft rather than last draft... IMO that took b***s... If he was a lazy stiff he would have stayed in the draft and get picked by a bottom feeder team...

Very similar to Sully's situation... Sully was considered to be a top 5 pick his freshman year... I'm sure he felt that outside of Ad, he was the 2nd best PF... Then the injury talk started and the free fall began...

Williams probably has a chip on his shoulder for that choice... The more I write about Williams the more I start to like the pick...
    Last edited by Forever35; 06-22-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Definitely has to prove he's worth a few NBA contracts... He 'll get his 1.3mil, 1.6mil and 1.67mil by his 3rd year...

The thing that works in his favor is he doesn't have to be the scorer... He needs to play D, clean up the glass, set screens and throw down the occasional slam... It's on him if he wants to do all of that... It'll start with defense... Stevens should get Ojeleye on his ***...
    Yeah like they said last night it is almost a perfect fit for him here with the Vets to learn from and the coaching/system/culture in place. IF he is going to pan out in the nba it will be here.

I see more Montrez Harrell/Kenneth Faried/Dieng with a mix of Capela's skill/IQ more than Deandre/Gobert/. The last 2 and Capela are 7 footers, RWIII looks like he's 6'9 at best (although long winspan helps).

I also don't think his offensive game is as putrid as people make it out to be. Won't ever be a top scoring option but seems like a guy that could end up with really high PPG per 36 in his career. i can see him being that scores 9-10 PPG in 18 min type guy in a couple years. He has huge hands, and can score well on the move with his athleticism and energy. Doesn't take bad shots and understands his role.

He has one of the top BPM's in college this decade. Box plus minus is really good at determing NBA defense translating. Guys in the top 25 include Dray, Smart, Crowder, WCS, Jordan Bell, Otto Porter, Poetl, Payton, Dieng, Bridges,RHJ, Wright. RWIII is 22nd so he's in some pretty good company, about 10 BPM both years. Definitely a guy that can make an impact on this team

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Trevon Duval went undrafted, I saw Danny say the other day he didnít trade into the 2nd because they have enough young guys but heíd be worth an invite to summer league IMO see if he can work on that shot

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122