Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    With the naked eye and not a ton of evaluation, I can't see how a guy like Carter will guard a guy like Robert Williams. Although Carter looks skilled on the offensive end, defensively, he may have issues vs these stronger NBA players.
    What? Carter is built like a tank with room to fill out.

The issue with Carter will be guarding guys who can pull him to the 3 point line like KP and Jokic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    What? Carter is built like a tank with room to fill out.

The issue with Carter will be guarding guys who can pull him to the 3 point line like KP and Jokic.
    Is Carter more C than PF in modern NBA like Horford? I think we need a guy who is more PF than C, but can play C when necessary. Not a guy who is more C than PF, but can play PF when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Trae vs Sexton:

We know Trae is probably the most intriguing offensive player in the draft but if you watched Sexton play he is not far behind.

for me however is Sexton is going to be a very good defensive player to the extent like a Frank, he has all the tools and more importantly takes pride on that side of the court.

I also feel Sexton will be available 9-12 and I would trade down or make my pick and if Sexton drops to Clips say then do a trade.

I'm going to be of the opinion that everyone not named KP is available for a trade, including Frank.

Let me go this far if we can keep our 9th pick and trade Frank for Sexton, I'm in 100%, its not even a thought.

That is not saying Frank won't be a very good NBA player, I'm that high on Sexton's future in the NBA and Frank still has questions.

Sexton is the pure combo guard that can excel at both spots, again another advantage over Trae, who like our Trae will have trouble with switch's guarding the bigger off guards or small forwards.

If you would like a more refined Westbrook then Sexton is the guy.
    If Orlando goes Sexton instead of Young (assuming they go PG), are you opposed to drafting Young?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    LeBron is actually very predictable in what he is going to do. He leaves when his team starts to decline. It's the surest bet in sports that LeBron is leaving this offseason.

Cleveland also would look like fools if they draft someone to play with LeBron, just to have him leave again. Miami looked dumb drafting Shabazz Napier because LeBron loved him, and that was with a late pick. IMO, Gilbert gets in front of LeBron this time by drafting Porter who would be hyped as his replacement before he leaves them high and dry.
    Yeah Lebron is 100% gone. I agree with you in that he's very predictable. I have a feeling that they take Trey young right before we draft and he turns out to be a great player.

Trae vs Sexton:

We know Trae is probably the most intriguing offensive player in the draft but if you watched Sexton play he is not far behind.

for me however is Sexton is going to be a very good defensive player to the extent like a Frank, he has all the tools and more importantly takes pride on that side of the court.

I also feel Sexton will be available 9-12 and I would trade down or make my pick and if Sexton drops to Clips say then do a trade.

I'm going to be of the opinion that everyone not named KP is available for a trade, including Frank.

Let me go this far if we can keep our 9th pick and trade Frank for Sexton, I'm in 100%, its not even a thought.

That is not saying Frank won't be a very good NBA player, I'm that high on Sexton's future in the NBA and Frank still has questions.

Sexton is the pure combo guard that can excel at both spots, again another advantage over Trae, who like our Trae will have trouble with switch's guarding the bigger off guards or small forwards.

If Orlando goes Sexton instead of Young (assuming they go PG), are you opposed to drafting Young?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Is Carter more C than PF in modern NBA like Horford? I think we need a guy who is more PF than C, but can play C when necessary. Not a guy who is more C than PF, but can play PF when necessary.
    He should be a C. And I’m not advocating for drafting him, just responding to the eval from
    Biv.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Now's the time to trade KP and Here's why:

1. Injury history and bad work ethic
    2. His camp has been lobbying for an extention this year
    3. Unbalanced roster with him insisting to play the 4 inspite being injury prone due to having to guard much smaller players.
    4. He's gonna probably not play this year anyhow

Here's where the Spurs and Kwahi Leonrad's comes in at:
    1. Injury history and great work ethics and an established All-Star with a Championship pedigree
    2. His camp is lobbying for a bigger stage/market, not looking to give Spurs the hometown discount like other Spurs have in the past. He's under contract until 2020 which is good for the Knicks!
    3. He plays a postion of need for the Knicks and is a world class 3D player one who would gives the Knicks an idenity, he's not soft at all the best defender behind King James.
    4. He'll healty and will be ready to go come opening season for the Knicks.

Trade:

Knicks get: SF Leonard, PG Murray, 2nd rd pick...other pieces
    Spurs get: PF KP, SG Lee, and maybe Frank or a 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick...other pieces

I think I've laid it out for all the right reason to trade for arguably one of the best 2 way players to ever have played the game. He is a quite assasin but the opposing teams will feel the heat and get the business every night. Their star player including Lebron will not sleep well the night before his game against Kwahi. During his post game warm ups he will be thinking strategically of how can he challenge Kwai and if he can win that hard faught battle. He's what the new brass said they want a hard nosed player built Ford Tuff not a soft Unicorn.

Trading for Kwai helps us in so many ways and angles and here are a few. He's a pereineal all star with the Spurs and coach Pop ways instilled in him. He becomes that solid team roll model with great work ethics to build your young team around. He's an elite athlete on both ends of the floor. He plays a a position of need at the SF spot. He uneuivocally becomes the face of the franchise one who multiple players around the league will want to come and join him because he is the corner stone every star wants to have on his team. This includes the 2019 free agents that will available to the Knick who will then have a ton of cap space to spread around just in time.

If the Knicks make this trde they also will free up more cap space especially if they can include Lee. If Kanter and O'Quinn opt out as expected then the Knicks can siqn a player like Randle, AG or maybe even Clint Cappella.

If they could somehome come away with Porter that would be an amazing turn of events.

Dream land lineup:

PG Murray/Mudiay/Burke
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Porter
    C Capella

Or

PG Murray
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Gordon or Randle
    C Austin Wiley 2nd rd draft pick out of Auburn Tigers
    That time was actually last year when Boston was offering something like Jayln Brown and 2 lottery picks. We could've had Tatum, Brown, plus an additional pick. If I could go back I'd make that deal now. Right now you wont get as much for him. He's coming off a serious injury and due for a big contract.

This will be one of the most interesting draft nights because there are lot of good players Knicks could pick from unlike last year where it was Frank Dsj or Monk. Miles, Porter, Young, Jackson, Carter, Sexton, Knox I would not be upset with any of this choices.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Trae vs Sexton:

Im good if Sexton is the pick but if its between the 2 Im taking Trae. Sexton like Trae can get to the rim and draw fouls but Sexton is a streaky shooter at best while Trae is Elite with very deep range. I do like Sextons defensive potential tho.

Gotta love the Knicks winning meaningless games in the last two weeks of the season...

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982 • 2006 • 2011
    New York Rangers:
    1927–28 • 1932–33 • 1939–40 • 1993–94
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 • 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 • 1990 • 2007 • 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Swift n Sil3nt View Post
    Gotta love the Knicks winning meaningless games in the last two weeks of the season...
    Those wins are the likely difference between Porter Jr. and one of the Bridges.

I hope the many who scolded the tank advocates understand the other side of the equation now even if they don’t necessarily agree.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Now's the time to trade KP and Here's why:

1. Injury history and bad work ethic
    2. His camp has been lobbying for an extention this year
    3. Unbalanced roster with him insisting to play the 4 inspite being injury prone due to having to guard much smaller players.
    4. He's gonna probably not play this year anyhow

Here's where the Spurs and Kwahi Leonrad's comes in at:
    1. Injury history and great work ethics and an established All-Star with a Championship pedigree
    2. His camp is lobbying for a bigger stage/market, not looking to give Spurs the hometown discount like other Spurs have in the past. He's under contract until 2020 which is good for the Knicks!
    3. He plays a postion of need for the Knicks and is a world class 3D player one who would gives the Knicks an idenity, he's not soft at all the best defender behind King James.
    4. He'll healty and will be ready to go come opening season for the Knicks.

Trade:

Knicks get: SF Leonard, PG Murray, 2nd rd pick...other pieces
    Spurs get: PF KP, SG Lee, and maybe Frank or a 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick...other pieces

I think I've laid it out for all the right reason to trade for arguably one of the best 2 way players to ever have played the game. He is a quite assasin but the opposing teams will feel the heat and get the business every night. Their star player including Lebron will not sleep well the night before his game against Kwahi. During his post game warm ups he will be thinking strategically of how can he challenge Kwai and if he can win that hard faught battle. He's what the new brass said they want a hard nosed player built Ford Tuff not a soft Unicorn.

Trading for Kwai helps us in so many ways and angles and here are a few. He's a pereineal all star with the Spurs and coach Pop ways instilled in him. He becomes that solid team roll model with great work ethics to build your young team around. He's an elite athlete on both ends of the floor. He plays a a position of need at the SF spot. He uneuivocally becomes the face of the franchise one who multiple players around the league will want to come and join him because he is the corner stone every star wants to have on his team. This includes the 2019 free agents that will available to the Knick who will then have a ton of cap space to spread around just in time.

If the Knicks make this trde they also will free up more cap space especially if they can include Lee. If Kanter and O'Quinn opt out as expected then the Knicks can siqn a player like Randle, AG or maybe even Clint Cappella.

If they could somehome come away with Porter that would be an amazing turn of events.

Dream land lineup:

PG Murray/Mudiay/Burke
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Porter
    C Capella

Or

PG Murray
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Gordon or Randle
    C Austin Wiley 2nd rd draft pick out of Auburn Tigers
    Stopped reading after "bad work ethic" KP is a very hard working individual. So that's not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    The Knicks should just select either Miles Bridges or Knox and if Porter available select him... Please do not complicate this more than it needs to be. The Knicks need a player with a mix of athleticism and potential... The Knicks time frame to compete is a ways away... I would not pick Mikal

You have selected Frank with the 8th pick just last season, to go along with Trey Burke and Mudiay, let the coaching staff and this summer figure things out in terms of the point guard position.

I'm almost sure the Knicks will go wing because of what the front office has already said this off season and Horny last season saying the Knicks should look for a wing.
    This👍

Let's get the crybaby tank crap out of the way and start talking prospects!

Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast