Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

12 25.53%
  • Miles Bridges

11 23.40%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 17.02%
  • Kevin Knox

6 12.77%
  • Wendell Carter

7 14.89%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 6.38%
Page 107 of 143 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2145
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Still say that Wendell Carter would not be a bad pick either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTh4Kd5WRo
    I like his D but apparently he struggles to finish in traffic. No bueno for a big. He looks like an NBA lifer but a role player extraordinaire.

If no Porter, and no Knox, Divincenzo needs a hard look, even at 9 imo.
    Last edited by Bivory; 06-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Listen Porter is a top 5 pick hands down. If we re not talking about his back we not talking about him at all because no one would dumb enough to trade spots for him. This is an opportunity to have a big time reward for a guy who has face of the franchise potential.

Frank and all the other young guys are expendable, In like Frank don't love him but I'd take my chances on Porters talent over Frank's any day. KP and MPJ for years to come brings other big names like Kyrie and others.

Maybe Kyrie and LeBron remarry hear..lol

Knox, for me, is a reach at 9 and won’t be the BPA, even at his position in any scenario. I think his absolute ceiling is Tobias Harris which isn’t the worst, but I also get some Anthony Randolph vibes.

Wendell Carter is growing on me and strikes me as a guy who might have shown more if not overshadowed by Bagley. As is, I think he’s good long term fit next to KP. He has good hands, is very active around the rim at both ends and can shoot enough to keep the D honest.

I believe in Trae Young. I just do. Question his defense and DMs all you want, I’m with you. But the kid’s ceiling is the roof and he’s going to shine in a more open game and with higher caliber teammates. He and Frank could grow to be an ultra dynamic backcourt.

As for the Bridges debate, Miles is my choice. He’s coming into the NBA built like a pro already. Mikal comes across as a solid role player, maybe like a Danny a Green for comparison. But Miles has ball skills and elite level athleticism that I think will make him an above average defender in a switching defensive scheme. Mikal is still a far better choice than Knox imo.

Young
    Carter/Miles
    Mikal
    Sexton

Knox

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Interesting rumor I just came across...I think it may actually have some legs to it but Idk how I feel about it.

THJ, burke & #36 to Memphis for parson & #4

Man thhis is TOUGH! we'd keep #9 but take on parsons contract which is 2nd worse behind Batum. Has 2 years left on deal at 23 million.... but we could get Jackson or doncic and young/porter....Frank would be our starting 2

pg - young
    sg - frank
    sf - parsons
    pf - kp
    c - jackson/bamba

or

pg - frank
    sg - lee
    sf - mjp
    pf - parsons/kp
    c - bamba/jackson

You do that in a second. Less if possible.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982 • 2006 • 2011
    New York Rangers:
    1927–28 • 1932–33 • 1939–40 • 1993–94
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 • 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 • 1990 • 2007 • 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Listen Porter is a top 5 pick hands down. If we re not talking about his back we not talking about him at all because no one would dumb enough to trade spots for him. This is an opportunity to have a big time reward for a guy who has face of the franchise potential.

Frank and all the other young guys are expendable, In like Frank don't love him but I'd take my chances on Porters talent over Frank's any day. KP and MPJ for years to come brings other big names like Kyrie and others.
    Because you have seen so much of Porter that you know his work ethic, lower body strength and IQ? There are other concerns with him.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    It's not the same reason tho and a completely different set of risks. No one is questioning whether MPJ's talents/skills will translate at the next level of competition. We're questioning him translating at all, for a lack of a better way of saying it.

And yes the risk/reward ratio starts to tilt, which is why at #9 he's a no brainer. But giving up both Frank & 9 imo is asking for it. It would be just our luck to lose out on all three. Not to mention our franchise player is nursing an acl

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Because you have seen so much of Porter that you know his work ethic, lower body strength and IQ? There are other concerns with him.
    How much did we know about KP and Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I like his D but apparently he struggles to finish in traffic. No bueno for a big. He looks like an NBA lifer but a role player extraordinaire.

If no Porter, and no Knox, Divincenzo needs a hard look, even at 9 imo.
    WTH???? That is the most craziest thing I heard so far in this draft. lol

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    I was going to leave it alone. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Michael Porter Jr.’s group canceled a workout scheduled on Friday, per league sources. The Knicks, Suns, Kings and other lottery teams had planned to attend in Chicago.@ringer's mock draft is updated to reflect the latest intel, including Porter rising: http://nbadraft.theringer.com

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Listen, if you can trade back and get an asset, and Div, so be it. But when you see the right guy, you have to be ready to move and not get cute. Div contributes all over the court and I think he's the best all-around pg in this draft. Obviously, that would force the Knicks to make a move with a couple of their guards some how some way, but I think this kid is going to be a solid NBA contributor for yrs and a possible All-Star. He has something only a few guys have, take over ability combined with toughness and defense. Not sure of his mental but he looks the part. This is only if you can't get Knox at that 9 spot.
    Last edited by Bivory; 06-13-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Michael Porter Jr.’s group canceled a workout scheduled on Friday, per league sources. The Knicks, Suns, Kings and other lottery teams had planned to attend in Chicago.@ringer's mock draft is updated to reflect the latest intel, including Porter rising: http://nbadraft.theringer.com
    Probably means he received a promise. Question is from who...

As Inpreviously mentioned I like Frank, but he's not worth standing in the way of the Knicks being able to land Porter, and that's if the other team ask for him 8n a deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Well... can't wait for this draft.