Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 97 of 209 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3122
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They wouldnít have to go that high for Porter. He should be available as late as 6 or 7. Because of that, it would obviously have to be a draft day trade to be sure.
    Even then though, you're looking at one 1st round pick at least going, based on history. I think the reports about the Clippers interested in using #12 and #13 to trade up is also awful news in this scenario, as outbidding that would be very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we drafted Trae i'd envision THJR off the bench as 6th man and Frank starting at SG
    Yea because they would get killed on defense, which means THJ would be pissed and might result in him getting traded.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Even then though, you're looking at one 1st round pick at least going, based on history.
    As long as itís not 2019, Iíd be for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Even then though, you're looking at one 1st round pick at least going, based on history.
    I think an early second in a deep draft and right to swap next year would get you to roughly the same value as a mid to late first. I also think it's going to be very facts and circumstances based given the small amount of historical comparisons. If the Bulls are set on a guy like Mikal and feel comfortable that he'll be available at 9, getting any incremental value would be better than snagging him at 7.

Any discussion involving the 2019 draft pick is insanity. Weíre not gonna have KP. The new lottery rules should make you want to keep your pick rather than get rid of it, since there are better odds for teams that are bad but not the worst, which is likely where weíll end up.

Finally, this idea that the 2019 draft is a weak one doesnít change anything. No one knows how much these incoming freshmen will grow over the season, or if some upper classmen will turn into stars. You canít do this a whole year ahead of time.

Yes certain teams don't want to be left holding the bag. Not that they don't believe he has the talent but can he even get on the floor and stay on the floor. He will still go in the top 10. If nothing else a team like Philly at 10 could stand to take that gamble. All the other top 9 teams are on the come up so if they crap out they have to wait a whole nother year to make it up. That's why Mikal, Sexton, and maybe Miles might slip in there pushing Porter down to us at #9 or Philly at #10.

As long as itís not 2019, Iíd be for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I think an early second in a deep draft and right to swap next year would get you to roughly the same value as a mid to late first. I also think it's going to be very facts and circumstances based given the small amount of historical comparisons. If the Bulls are set on a guy like Mikal and feel comfortable that he'll be available at 9, getting any incremental value would be better than snagging him at 7.
    Both interesting scenarios, for sure. I wouldn't want to swap next year though. The team is going to be AWFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Any discussion involving the 2019 draft pick is insanity. Weíre not gonna have KP. The new lottery rules should make you want to keep your pick rather than get rid of it, since there are better odds for teams that are bad but not the worst, which is likely where weíll end up.

Finally, this idea that the 2019 draft is a weak one doesnít change anything. No one knows how much these incoming freshmen will grow over the season, or if some upper classmen will turn into stars. You canít do this a whole year ahead of time.
    There's probably no better example right now than Trae Young, who nobody had going anywhere near this high thanks to his ridiculous season. Mikal wasn't supposed to be there either, and guys like Miles, Knox and Sexton were projected to be higher.

It's killing me so bad that the Knicks didnt take a page out of Philly 's Tank machine. We could be sitting at 6 or 7th at the least. We're are always a pick or two away from the guy that meets our needs. Westbrook, Curry, and now maybe Porter and Trea it just never fails.

The Knicks cannot rest on their loins with just this one pick in the first rd not with this class. They gotta get at least one other pick in the 1st rd and one more in the 2nd. Otherwise it's gonna be a long grueling season for Frizdale and not Fizdale.

If Lebron opts out, I don't think the Cavs will for Porter. That would be a huge gamble for them. I think they might better off going for Wendal Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Let's not act like the Bulls are going to be contending for a playoff spot next year. They will be right there with us as a bottom feeder. The chances of us moving down more than a few spots are slim, and I think you take that calculated risk if it puts you in position to draft a guy who was seen as a potential top pick before the injury.

I heard teams arenít in love with Porter Jr, they feel he might be another Michael Beasley

I would be ok with Wendall Carter, he reminds me of Tristian Thompson with better offense and some of what Al Hortford provides for the Celtics but much more athlectic.