Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

12 25.53%
  • Miles Bridges

11 23.40%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 17.02%
  • Kevin Knox

6 12.77%
  • Wendell Carter

7 14.89%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 6.38%
Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2145
    Draft News:

🔘Kings and Mavs are interested in moving down in the draft
    🔘Celtics were impressed with Grayson Allen during his workout
    🔘Clippers are looking to package their 12, 13 picks to move up

(Via @KevinOConnorNBA).

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Thanks for the numbers ... I certainly was thinking of HOU in regards to 3's taken. I was prob thinking of Curry, who I believe shattered the number of 3's taken in a season.

For better or worse, I've always disregarded the argument that the mid range shot is the worst shot in the game. I always believed that you should take the open shot if it's there to be taken.

Still, it can't be denied that being an efficient 3 point shooting team opens up the paint for other shots.
    Yup, I agree. I think the general principles on today's thinking is sound, but at the end of the day each player is different. I don't think it's good to shoot 3's for 3's sake and if you have a really good mid range shooter then it's still a great weapon. Gotta coach to each players strength within the system.

Even then, averages are just that. Houston proved with a horrible clank in game 7 how bad blindly following analytics can go when they set a record missing 27 threes in a row. Live by the three, die by the three is forever true.

On the Warriors, you see the focus on efficiency. Curry, Klay and Durant averaged 23 3PA a game. Add in Nick Young and you're at 27.1 3PA from guys shooting .423, .440, .419 and .377. Other than Draymond, 3.7 attempts at .301, and Quinn Cook, 3.2 attempts at .442 while mostly filling in for an injured Curry at the end, nobody else on the team even averaged 2 attempts. Likewise, they still have guys like Livingston out there killing it in the mid range.

For this draft at #9 the Knicks will get a very good player , so it is getting silly to theorize who they will take.

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Draft News:

🔘Kings and Mavs are interested in moving down in the draft
    🔘Celtics were impressed with Grayson Allen during his workout
    🔘Clippers are looking to package their 12, 13 picks to move up

(Via @KevinOConnorNBA).
    #12 and #13 isn't enough for #5 and definitely not #2. Hmm. Really surprised on that from Sacramento when they've added an insane amount of 1st round picks in recent years. They really need a big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    skill is what I keep coming back to with Trae.

all these measurements and wingspan talk is fun, but at the end of the day if you are an extremely skilled player, like CP3, Kyrie, Curry...etc... 1 or 2 inches of height or wingspan isn't going to be the determining factor in your success.

Trae is extremely SKILLED at a very young age. If we're being honest he's probably AHEAD of where Curry was at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Yes, I would definitely bet my career on Knox instead of Trae if I'm running the Knicks and Im picking 9th. Not only do I already have a handful of pg's, I would be choosing a guy that just dropped a bunch of spots in a draft where he outscored everyone and it would be because of the risks his pick represents. I don't think the Knicks can afford that risk which is why I would go with Knox.
    Idk about that one man. Anything can happen, but that's like playing Russian roulette with your career.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-11-2018 at 10:12 PM.

#9, 37, and Mudiay for the Mavs pick and we get Porter or Bamba and Noel in sign and trade.

Porter, KP, and Noel Nerlins is a very long and athletic front court.

Yes, I would definitely bet my career on Knox instead of Trae if I'm running the Knicks and Im picking 9th. Not only do I already have a handful of pg's, I would be choosing a guy that just dropped a bunch of spots in a draft where he outscored everyone and it would be because of the risks his pick represents. I don't think the Knicks can afford that risk which is why I would go with Knox.
    So the Knicks can't afford the risk of drafting Trae but can afford the risk of reaching to draft Knox? That's not exactly sound logic.

Let's say Trae does end up as the second coming of Curry. The repercussions of not drafting him would be far worse than not drafting Knox given that, in this hypothetical, Trae would have fallen right into our laps.

Knox has been getting more attention recently and is possibly moving up on some draft boards, but Trae is still the unanimously better player, according to these draft boards. Taking Knox over Trae would be very unorthodox seeing as Knox is still very raw and has some areas in his game that need improving, too.

Again, I thought you're the guy who keeps claiming the Knicks don't have a true difference maker at PG. But in this argument you don't want to draft Trae because of the guards currently on the roster??

Dont know if this was posted but interesting

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...ing-2018-class

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    So the Knicks can't afford the risk of drafting Trae but can afford the risk of reaching to draft Knox? That's not exactly sound logic.

Let's say Trae does end up as the second coming of Curry. The repercussions of not drafting him would be far worse than not drafting Knox given that, in this hypothetical, Trae would have fallen right into our laps.

Knox has been getting more attention recently and is possibly moving up on some draft boards, but Trae is still the unanimously better player, according to these draft boards. Taking Knox over Trae would be very unorthodox seeing as Knox is still very raw and has some areas in his game that need improving, too.

Again, I thought you're the guy who keeps claiming the Knicks don't have a true difference maker at PG. But in this argument you don't want to draft Trae because of the guards currently on the roster??
    Listen C, you're a little late to the game so you've missed alot these explanations.Not only do the Knicks have 5 PG's on the rooster but Trae is projected to be a one sided player that will struggle on D many nights. Knicks have played that game for a decade. Im not willing to risk the next decade by making that mistake again. Trae was the better college player but his pro projections are all over the map. Trae would be yet another 6ft pg on the Knicks when we have literally ZERO wings on the team. Not a good way to build a team. One second, you guys talk of how good Frank is going to be at PG and in the next sentence, many of you suggest going out and getting another pg. Which is it?

The NY Knicks pass on the next Curry because they have mudiay, Burke & Baker already, 3 guys who could very well be out of the league in 2 years...lol

Now every 6ft pg who doesn't play D, is the next Curry. How many baby Jordans did we hear about? How many "he's the next Jordan" did we hear about? Curry is a once in a generation player at his size.

Now every 6ft pg who doesn't play D, is the next Curry. How many baby Jordans did we hear about? How many "he's the next Jordan" did we hear about? Curry is a once in a generation player at his size.
    he doesnt have to be the next curry tho, but he's ahead of where Curry was at this point. but lets be real his game is tailored made for today's pace and space, no hand checking league. even if he's 75% of Curry he's worth it.

its just bizarre that u think we have 4 PG's when 3 of those guys arent even legit NBA players yet,. that would be a bizarre reason to pass on Trae. that would be like passing on Ayton because we have Kornet.

but relaly how can you watch Trae and not see striking similarities to Curry? Trae's range was an another level, like nothing before seen in college ball... just like Curry changed the NBA with his range.