Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

12 25.53%
  • Miles Bridges

11 23.40%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 17.02%
  • Kevin Knox

6 12.77%
  • Wendell Carter

7 14.89%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 6.38%
Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yup, I agree. Would have to include a trade up for the Knicks to have any chance.
    As we've seen in the past though, it doesn't matter when you're considered that good. Atlanta might say fine and just continue tanking to have a stacked team when he finally does come over. It's not like they are in a rush to get better.

The Suns just hired his national team coach and Divac and his dad are apparently tight being from the same country, so I can't imagine it would be because of those two teams.

Personally, I'd love to see him at PG in Phoenix with Booker and Jackson on the wings...just from a fun standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    I like Sexton as well as Trae young, but with the chest being so barring, I don't like the Knicks spending back to back draft picks on point guards.

I'm only okay with Sexton or Trae is you trade Frank for a lottery pick/first rounder this year and select the wing the Knicks desire
    Perry said it would have to be a definite upgrade. I'm not sure if Sexton is, but it would be extremely tough to pass on Young IMO.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I would look to move Hardaway if this happened and then have Frank off the bench in a Marcus Smart/Ginobli/Avery Bradley role, and look for a new starting SG to compliment Young. A Hardaway/Young backcourt would be brutal defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Perry said it would have to be a definite upgrade. I'm not sure if Sexton is, but it would be extremely tough to pass on Young IMO.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I would look to move Hardaway if this happened and then have Frank off the bench in a Marcus Smart/Ginobli/Avery Bradley role, and look for a new starting SG to compliment Young. A Hardaway/Young backcourt would be brutal defensively.
    Frank would be the perfect guard to start next to Young. Take the tougher assignment on defense and not need the ball as much. Would allow Young to really be more of a scoring guard. While Frank could also help run the offense.

And Timmy would be a great 6th man.

Wow, I like Hutch but that's shocking. Good for him, I wonder what team it is. Maybe Chicago at 22? Carter and Hutch would be a really nice haul for them.

As we've seen in the past though, it doesn't matter when you're considered that good. Atlanta might say fine and just continue tanking to have a stacked team when he finally does come over. It's not like they are in a rush to get better.

The Suns just hired his national team coach and Divac and his dad are apparently tight being from the same country, so I can't imagine it would be because of those two teams.

Personally, I'd love to see him at PG in Phoenix with Booker and Jackson on the wings...just from a fun standpoint.
    Yup, also agreed. I think drafting Doncic and throwing a max offer at Capela can be great for Phoenix.

Luka Doncic said he hasn't made a decision about joining the NBA in 2018-19.
    He's currently focused on his season with Real Madrid and won't make a decision until later in the summer. "Ιím not sure if these are my last two games [in EuroLeague]," Doncic said. "We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season." Maybe he doesn't want to upset his current teammates during their title run or maybe his camp is using this is as leverage to steer him to a specific destination, but this is a story to monitor closely over the next few weeks.

Source: Euro Hoops
    http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/2896/luka-doncic

What do you guys think of Wendell Carter? If KP wants to keep being a ***** and refuse to switch to Center, Carter might be a good fit at center. He moves well for a Center, is a descent athlete, he's comfortable shooting the three, has a solid post-up game, and is a solid defender. Him and KP can form a good front court. We'll have two guys that can play inside and out and we'll potentially have 5 guys on the floor that can shoot threes.

Trea young is my favorite player in the draft. I know we need a small forward, but Carter may not be a bad fit and he fills a longterm need.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Frank would be the perfect guard to start next to Young. Take the tougher assignment on defense and not need the ball as much. Would allow Young to really be more of a scoring guard. While Frank could also help run the offense.

And Timmy would be a great 6th man.
    I agree...Hardaway is more the issue that I have.

I agree...Hardaway is more the issue that I have.
    there are definitely scenarios where THJR should come off the bench. But I dont think trading him is necessary right now or if we drafted Young. Too much turnover as is.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    there are definitely scenarios where THJR should come off the bench. But I dont think trading him is necessary right now or if we drafted Young. Too much turnover as is.
    That's true. I think every ideal scenario has him as a 6th man though.

That's true. I think every ideal scenario has him as a 6th man though.
    i'm also curious to see if Fiz has a good effect on him. Timmy seems like the type that needs tough love. he's streaky but man did he have some moments with KP early in the year. He's the only guy we have right now that can put up those 38/11/8 type stat lines.

Kevin Knox is long and atheltic just like Perry speaks of, so he would be my choice at 9, its a little high but its in his range. I think whe will show out in the combines if he's not given a promise by then.

Another guy to look at in the 2nd rd is Shake Milton and Melvin Frazier. This is the Knicks are still looking for wings.

http://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/#

For those that love measurements, here are the official ones from the combine.

Of note:

Miles is 6'7", not 6'5", as some feared, with a 6'9.5" wingspan. For context an inch shorter, but as long as Josh Jackson...almost identical to Jaylen Brown.

Trae Young (6'2") is actually taller than Sexton (6'1.5") and only weighs 6 lbs less.

Knox is 6'9" with a 7' wingspan.

Porter is actually 6'11" (7' wingspan)...which is crazy.

Zhaire Smith is a little smaller than some thought...only 6'4"

Wendell Carter - 6'10" with a 7'4.5" wingspan

Bamba - 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan. For context, KP is 7'3" with a 7'6" wingspan.

They either don't have Mikal's measurements up yet or he didn't measure.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.

http://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/#

For those that love measurements, here are the official ones from the combine.

Of note:

Miles is 6'7", not 6'5", as some feared, with a 6'9.5" wingspan.

Trae Young (6'2") is actually taller than Sexton (6'1.5") and only weighs 6 lbs less.

Knox is 6'9" with a 7' wingspan.

Porter is actually 6'11" (7' wingspan)...which is crazy.

Zhaire Smith is a little smaller than some thought...only 6'4"

Wendell Carter - 6'10" with a 7'4.5" wingspan

Bamba - 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan. For context, KP is 7'3" with a 7'6" wingspan.

They either don't have Mikal's measurements up yet or he didn't measure.
    Miles looks like a legit stretch 4. Iím on board.

Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast