Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

8 33.33%
  • Miles Bridges

4 16.67%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

4 16.67%
  • Kevin Knox

4 16.67%
  • Wendell Carter

3 12.50%
  • Zhaire Smith

1 4.17%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I was surprised when I saw that as well - We were having this debate the other day in the office and someone pulled up a list. There are some pretty high % shooters on that list that took over a 100

Trae's numbers look kind of not that great compared to the rest - They don't stack up with Curry who people want to compare him to. The arguments for seem to be that he was the whole offense and he was taking ridiculous shots all the time. I'm just not so sure I care about that though, sounds very Jimmerish to me.
    i mean to be fair Young had insane volume which probably worked against him. and opposing defenses really locked in on him.

Jimmer averaged 7ppg in a MUCH weaker conference when he was Young's age. It wasn't until his senior year that Jimmer put up the numbers that Young did as a freshman.

so in terms of college career it's safe to say Trae is on a whole nother level at their respective ages.

Curry also played a weaker conference, was more efficient his freshman year sure, but also didn't have the same volume. so it's kind of a toss up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I was surprised when I saw that as well - We were having this debate the other day in the office and someone pulled up a list. There are some pretty high % shooters on that list that took over a 100

Trae's numbers look kind of not that great compared to the rest - They don't stack up with Curry who people want to compare him to. The arguments for seem to be that he was the whole offense and he was taking ridiculous shots all the time. I'm just not so sure I care about that though, sounds very Jimmerish to me.
    He was well over 40%, then came the double and triple teams when teams realized that no one else on Oklahoma was a threat. He shot 28/108 the last month of the season. The fact that it didn't go lower than 36%, shows how high of a percentage he was making them before.

If it weren't for his handles, passing and his ability to get to the rim, then I would agree that he would be closer to someone like Jimmer. At the same time, Jimmer was a junior when he started lighting it up. No one has ever done what he's done as a freshman.

Regardless of how worried you are about him at the next level, 27 pts, 9 asts, and 4 rebs per game is nothing to sneeze at...especially for a freshman. Those numbers are unheard of.
    Last edited by smood999; Today at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Frank hasn't shown any shooting touch. Knox has
    Frank hasn't shown any shooting range: Knox has
    Frank doesn't attack the rim: Knox does
    Frank isn't very athletic: Knox is
    Frank's position is a HUGE ? : No Issues for Knox

Trading Frank, if someone wants him, could be a wise move if your getting a more useful piece. Here we are a full yr into the guys career, and we still have no idea what he is. He should've NEVER been in the lottery. Knicks are laughing stocks due to that pick hence the leagues reaction.

You guys can repeat everything you hear instead of watching for yourself and call Knox a project if you like. Just realize that when the project is done, you'll be looking at a player much more advanced than Mikal and Frank will undoubtedly, still be a question mark.
    Biv you are over the top wrong about Frank, and he had a nice shot in Europe, that is why I said he can shoot and will improve.
    Frank has nice form and a great release, he started to get more confidence and I say his shot this year will drastically improve, the confidence level is there and he got to watch Trey play which helped.

Slash to the basket? wow he was actually quite good and uses both hands and his left may be even stronger, did well in that area.

He just doesn't have the NBA PG handle, but under fiz where everyone is a guard he will be just fine and will be worth the 8th pick, and I say that because he can finish he will drop three's, he already showed he has a very nice pull up jumper and his defense is off the charts.

That said because Timmy is here and Dot is here and Troy is here, for the right price yea he can be moved but the key is for the right price, and to me price is high or else you just roll with him.

that is my honest assessment of FRank, he is not what you portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Biv you are over the top wrong about Frank, and he had a nice shot in Europe, that is why I said he can shoot and will improve.
    Frank has nice form and a great release, he started to get more confidence and I say his shot this year will drastically improve, the confidence level is there and he got to watch Trey play which helped.

Slash to the basket? wow he was actually quite good and uses both hands and his left may be even stronger, did well in that area.

He just doesn't have the NBA PG handle, but under fiz where everyone is a guard he will be just fine and will be worth the 8th pick, and I say that because he can finish he will drop three's, he already showed he has a very nice pull up jumper and his defense is off the charts.

That said because Timmy is here and Dot is here and Troy is here, for the right price yea he can be moved but the key is for the right price, and to me price is high or else you just roll with him.

that is my honest assessment of FRank, he is not what you portrayed.
    I think Frank will be fine but I don't think he fits Knicks. He's not a PG and he's not a SG. He will be a complimentary piece and not a guy who moves the needle. I think getting a mid-first for him, if possible but I doubt it, to get a guy like DiV would be a magical move by Knicks.

Teams HAVE to check DiV whcih means KP and Knox will be open all day...just watch it rain

Earlier this week, Trae Young’s father, Ray, told the New York Daily News that New York is a desirable destination for his son because of the spotlight its big market creates. “That’s what Trae lives for,” Ray said of his son, who interviewed with New York on Friday. Multiple league sources told me that the Knicks have the hots for the Oklahoma point guard, so the interest is mutual. It’s easy to understand why: Young is an ideal fit alongside Frank Ntilikina, whom the Knicks view as a 2-guard who can occasionally run the offense. Ntilikina could space the floor to allow Young to work his magic on the ball; conversely, Young could race through screens off the ball to get open for 3s while Ntilikina initiates the offense. It’d be a perfect pairing to ease the workload on Kristaps Porzingis.

Young is 178 pounds and 6-foot-2 with a puny 6-foot-3 wingspan. Players with similar physical dimensions include Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, and Norris Cole. College offenses bullied the limited defender, and NBA offenses will take advantage of him even more. Unless he’s covered. Ntilikina, 19, already defends like a veteran, so he can take the tougher backcourt player and mitigate Young’s primary weakness. It’s unclear if Young will be available when the Knicks pick at no. 9. The Magic (no. 6) and Cavaliers (no. 8) both need point guards and have been connected to Young; after all, LeBron James did give Young his blessing. But fit is king in the NBA, and New York would provide Young both the ideal personnel and stage to perform.
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ings-takeaways

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I think they need to do something in between. Some of us might want to go with a project with a bigger upside and hope we get lucky with a start player. But I don't think our front office will take that chance given our situation. KP is out, Frank is already a project and a lot of people were kind of giving up on him. Imagine if we draft another Project? I could see them going for a safe pick this year. We're going to be in the lottery again next year where we might have a higher pick.
    In-between thinking has always screwed the knicks. I don't even care about KP timeline he should figure out how to play entire season first.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627