Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    It would take a lot to make me wanna trade down because there is a drop off in talent after like 3-5 and you still need to get something good to move up into a top tier
    Are you sure about that? This draft class is stacked! There are going to be at least one multiple time star drafted after 10, if not more. Drafting 2 maybe a curse. You better have picked a hell of a player! There has been some big time busts picked @2. If we do indeed make the pick, we better have done more than due diligence and not select a player "slotted there" by "professionals".

Barnes & DAL 5th for 2 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Barnes & DAL 5th for 2 pick?
    Who would you target at 5? Personally, I would rather keep the 2nd overall unless something more enticing comes along.

Doncic's agent shot down the report that Doncic wants to avoid Sacramento (or any team). Said his decision to stay or leave will not be dependent on who will draft him.

My thinking is he'll come to the NBA and play for whoever drafts him.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Who would you target at 5? Personally, I would rather keep the 2nd overall unless something more enticing comes along.
    Don’t know, just puttin out filler until D-Day...

What about flipping it for a pick next year?
    Barnes & Giles are pretty enticing value for this roster next year.

If Ayton fell to us, would you trade WCS and Jackson to the Lakers for Ingram and Deng? Would they do that trade?

they wouldn't do that trade but I would take that trade

And as for trading the pick back my question for you is unless you are drafting a Mo Bamba which I doubt why would you trade it back when you know most teams think we will sell low on the second pick so they would offer low end talent and cap space with a pick to trade up most teams unless they feel that player completes there roster won't give up much to get the second pick especially with the Kings track record of trades with Vlade lets be honest the Kings get low value out of there trades other then the 2016 draft day trade

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    And as for trading the pick back my question for you is unless you are drafting a Mo Bamba which I doubt why would you trade it back when you know most teams think we will sell low on the second pick so they would offer low end talent and cap space with a pick to trade up most teams unless they feel that player completes there roster won't give up much to get the second pick especially with the Kings track record of trades with Vlade lets be honest the Kings get low value out of there trades other then the 2016 draft day trade
    It as simple as getting value. Even if just a little. Let's say we have ayton, doncic,porter and bagley rated equal. But someone will give us a first round pick next year to trade from 2 to 4. Why not get one of your players and a pick?

This would be similar to what happened with Boston/Philly.

Personally, I like porter a lot. So letting someone else take the other players and give me an excuse to take porter, is a win-win. Now, I wouldn't trade down past 4. And I'd only trade down if porter gets a pass from our doctors.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 05-18-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    It as simple as getting value. Even if just a little. Let's say we have ayton, doncic,porter and bagley rated equal. But someone will give us a first round pick next year to trade from 2 to 4. Why not get one of your players and a pick?

This would be similar to what happened with Boston/Philly.

Personally, I like porter a lot. So letting someone else take the other players and give me an excuse to take porter, is a win-win. Now, I wouldn't trade down past 4. And I'd only trade down if porter gets a pass from our doctors.
    This This This!!! And yes, I want one of the four: Ayton, Porter, Doncic, Bagley, maybe even in that order.

If Ayton is not there for us at #2 than I would trade down to #3 or #4, depending on what is the offer.
    Last edited by GoferKing_; 05-18-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    This This This!!! And yes, I want one of the four: Ayton, Porter, Doncic, Bagley, maybe even in that order.

If Ayton is not there for us at #2 than I would trade down to #3 or #4, depending on what is the offer.
    I read Memphis really wants to move into the top 2. However, they don't have anyone on their roster that would make me consider moving down from 2 to 4 (I like Brooks, but not that much). I also wouldn't be be that excited about getting their draft pick next year. They clearly tanked this year and they're a much better team than they showed. Conley will be back and Parsons could still be a productive guy for them. A line-up of action Conley, Doncic, Parsons, Green, and Gasol could challenge for a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I read Memphis really wants to move into the top 2. However, they don't have anyone on their roster that would make me consider moving down from 2 to 4 (I like Brooks, but not that much). I also wouldn't be be that excited about getting their draft pick next year. They clearly tanked this year and they're a much better team than they showed. Conley will be back and Parsons could still be a productive guy for them. A line-up of action Conley, Doncic, Parsons, Green, and Gasol could challenge for a playoff spot.
    I would do this deal, Parson is done for a while now. He's no where the Parson when he was in Houston. Gasol will be 34 next year and Conley will be 31, both are not made for today game. Green is nothing special. They're not going to challenge for a playoff with the emerging of Denver, Clippers (with 2 lottery pick), and Pelican (depend on what they do in the off season). I might even said that the Lakers will be better than the Griz next year if they're able to sign PG. I'm willing to bet that their pick next year will be top 10.

Man we really lucked out at the lottery. This is like the first time we ever got lucky like this. I used to think it was rigged lol.

Let's just hope this Doncic kid is the real deal because I am 99.9% sure we are gonna end up drafting him. I don't believe for a second that the Sun will pass on Ayton. I don't mind us taking Doncic. I can't say I'm super impressed watching his highlights as he doesn't look every athletic, but almost all the scouts and analysts out there have Doncic as a consensus top 2 prospect. I'm not gonna pretend I know more than them about this stuff just by watching a few highlights. Not saying the scouts are always right, but if he's clearly grading ahead of some of the other prospects, then I can't argue against it.

Me personally, I like Bagley. Only problem with him is, we have plenty of other guys who can't really shoot and we need an offensive play-maker more than another big. So Doncic is indeed a better fit for us. Michael Porter is another interesting one, but at #2 I doubt we reach for him. So yeah, Doncic is the pick. Another guy I am intrigued with though is Jaren Jackson. He seems like a stud defender who can actually shoot 3's. Maybe he won't be a superstar, but I can see him being a pretty valuable player in a Draymond Green sort of way. But with the #2 pick, we need to go with the highest superstar upside, so I'm not sure. So yeah, back to Doncic. Hopefully he can one of those transcendent European players like Dirk was or even more recently a guy like Porzingas.

Now if the Suns pass on Doncic then it's really easy... take Ayton. He's the best player with the most upside. WCS can pack his bags for all I care because Ayton would be the guy and hopefully he could be like Boogie without the immaturity of a 14 year old.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 05-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by i'myourdaddy View Post
    I would do this deal, Parson is done for a while now. He's no where the Parson when he was in Houston. Gasol will be 34 next year and Conley will be 31, both are not made for today game. Green is nothing special. They're not going to challenge for a playoff with the emerging of Denver, Clippers (with 2 lottery pick), and Pelican (depend on what they do in the off season). I might even said that the Lakers will be better than the Griz next year if they're able to sign PG. I'm willing to bet that their pick next year will be top 10.
    If you really aren't a big Doncic believer you make the deal. Otherwise, you have to draft the player. It really just comes down to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Kings are selling 3 day passes for the Summer League event at Golden 1 Center. Anyone here going?

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast