Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Oh so now the individual award matters to you. So now you recogize winning bronze medal in the olympics is a big deal with peak Tim Duncan on the team.
    You just credited Duncan in your earlier post, now he's not good enough to carry 19 year old LeBron James, averaging 8 minutes a game?

Or how about joining forces with Shaq the allstar game mvp winner the year before they joined forces.
    Hahah

Or Ben Wallace the only allstar on a team that won the title. Or Deron Williams. Also had Derrick Rose as well. Cavs getting Derrick Rose was like the Warriors getting Kevin Durant, both teams getting a league mvp winner under 30 years of age.

BTW I don't have to protect Jordan. He chose his own number, Lebron copied numbers of other greats because he didn't have a mind of his own.

Why didn't he pick number 27 for instance?
    I don't think you actually believe your trolling attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Oh so now the individual award matters to you. So now you recogize winning bronze medal in the olympics is a big deal with peak Tim Duncan on the team. Or how about joining forces with Shaq the allstar game mvp winner the year before they joined forces. Or Ben Wallace the only allstar on a team that won the title. Or Deron Williams. Also had Derrick Rose as well. Cavs getting Derrick Rose was like the Warriors getting Kevin Durant, both teams getting a league mvp winner under 30 years of age.

BTW I don't have to protect Jordan. He chose his own number, Lebron copied numbers of other greats because he didn't have a mind of his own.

Why didn't he pick number 27 for instance?
    How ****ing dare you come into my thread comparing this years D Rose to Durant. Iíve never felt so disrespected in my life.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    How ****ing dare you come into my thread comparing this years D Rose to Durant. Iíve never felt so disrespected in my life.

he has become so bad man

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    cousins/washington/celtics 3 team trade : )

Some type of package of Kyrie going to the pelicans and cousins going to washing and the celtics getting either Wall or BB... Thinking about this honestly hurts my head
    that makes no sense whatsoever for the C's though. The whole point of trading Kyrie is that Rozier is ready to take over as the full-time starter for the team, and that Kyrie could potentially get you a top 5 draft pick OR young stud big man in return (AD, Cousins, Drummond, Griffin, Porzingis, etc), so it obviously won't be for Wall of all players.
    Last edited by AntiG; 05-13-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Celtics shouldn't trade Kyrie or Rozier. Marcus Smart is a free agent after the playoffs and I think he could get some nice offers, offers for more than he's worth. While he's awesome on defense, I wince everytime I see him spot up for 3. He's just not a very good shooter overall, and it would make sense to give Rozier the minutes Smart would usually have if a team gives Marcus too high of an offer. Having Brown, Kyrie and Rozier split minutes in the back court would make a lot of sense. It will be contract years for both Kyrie and Rozier, so it will be better to evaluate then who's actually worth paying the big bucks to.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    that makes no sense whatsoever for the C's though. The whole point of trading Kyrie is that Rozier is ready to take over as the full-time starter for the team, and that Kyrie could potentially get you a top 5 draft pick OR young stud big man in return (AD, Cousins, Drummond, Griffin, Porzingis, etc), so it obviously won't be for Wall of all players.
    getting a defensive PG that is a better everything except shooter on a team that loves defense/ball movement and has shooters makes no sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's kind of incredible that the Finals MVP who posted a 29.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 8.9 APG with 2.6 steals and 2.3 blocks is ignored in your post. All in your continued attempts to protect Jordan.
    And he was agreeing with the guy that got shook from that series so he takes every jab possible (unwarranted or not). Not sure which is more pathetic.*

Whoís kiddiní who? Of course I do.

If they do choose to try to move Irving, I'm sure they can screw over Phoenix for the next decade when it comes to draft pick acquisition from them.

I mean if Sarver will accept money for top 10 picks, I'm sure they can get picks/pick swaps with Phoenix for the next decade for Irving's one year there.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

They wouldn't get fair value back. Dealing top 15-20 NBA players never yields a fair return. Just ask CLE. Pop said something similar to Aldridge last season when he wanted to get traded. Essentially telling him "Listen, I'd love to trade you and make you happy and if you bring back a player of equal value I'll drive you to the airport, but that's not going to happen". It's exactly why SAS won't trade Kawhi this offseason. They'll work it out however they need to.

The only thing here is the knee. If Danny doesn't feel like KI can return 100% he may explore dealing him and take whatever value he can get. I think this is unlikely. Many are speculating that KI's injury could be career threatening, but at this point I think that's a very premature judgment.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If IND wants to seriously push for a title their big picture need is more all stars. If youíre talking about which position to use their $10M or so of cap space on than yeah, they should have other priorities. But if an all star like Kyrie is available that goes out the window because at the end of the day you need multiple of those players. Even if it isnít an ideal fit for the current roster you just get the star and make the supporting pieces work with other moves.

The Oladipo/Irving potential clash of styles is a legit reason to pass because your multiple stars have to mesh. But ďwe have a cost effective Darren CollisonĒ should NEVER be a reason youíd pass on an all star.

Thatís why Ainge wonít deal Kyrie unless another all star is coming back IMO. But enough people brought it up that I thought itíd be a fun discussion.
    There are two ways you can improve. You can replace mediocre players with good players, or good players with great players. We have several mediocre players in the rotation, so the most improvement can be seen quickest by replacing them with good players. The marginal value of Irving over Collison is not worth the salary difference for a small market, former ABA team that loses a percentage of it's TV revenue in perpetuity. And it's not like it'll be a 1 for 1 trade. Indy would be losing multiple rotation players and picks to land Irving. Yes you need 2 all-stars minimum. Irving is not the one I'd get.

Kyrie bought into Stevens system and played great basketball up until he got hurt. Yes, Rozier has been great but you donít trade Kyrie because of that. That would be ********.

I think your talking a very uphill battle to move Kyrie for anything than pennies on the dollar at this point.

1- Iíve been saying it all year, Kyries injuries puts him on the clock. Youíve got a limited window with him. Knee injuries like his donít suddenly reverse course.

2- You would be trading him coming off the injury. Thatís an added layer of difficulty in getting anything in return.

3- The Cís have played great without him. Yea Cleveland took a step back, but there will be some GMs that question his level of importance with that.

4- Possible contract matching if you trade with a team without cap space.

In the end I file this under the easier said than done.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kyrie bought into Stevens system and played great basketball up until he got hurt. Yes, Rozier has been great but you donít trade Kyrie because of that. That would be ********.
    We said the same thing with IT and playing hurt and after his sister died. Ainge doesnít care.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We said the same thing with IT and playing hurt and after his sister died. Ainge doesnít care.
    Different scenarios. IT was hurt. IT didn't shut up all season long about wanting a max despite being a player that shouldn't get a max. Ainge was able to trade IT for a huge upgrade.

Kyrie is also hurt but the situation is completely different. I have serious doubts Ainge would even entertain the idea of trading Kyrie unless someone like SAS came to him and was talking about Kawhi (or a similar type player)

City of Champions

I think your talking a very uphill battle to move Kyrie for anything than pennies on the dollar at this point.
    True but this has less to do with KI and more to do with how Super Star trades work. Teams never get full value for Super Stars.

1- Iíve been saying it all year, Kyries injuries puts him on the clock. Youíve got a limited window with him. Knee injuries like his donít suddenly reverse course.
    It's certainly not ideal. But I think it's premature to think KI doesn't have at least 5 more good years in him.

2- You would be trading him coming off the injury. Thatís an added layer of difficulty in getting anything in return.
    It does, but it's not insurmountable. IT was traded coming of injury and got a great return. Only takes 1 desperate team to make the deal.

In the end I file this under the easier said than done.
    In the end, it really just comes down to...You don't trade super stars when you're on the brink of contending. You just don't. You trade players like KI when you're in a situation similar to Toronto where you're good but no avenue to get to great as currently constructed. Then you tear down and collect assets.

Ainge will wait a year. See how KI comes back. See if Rozier can maintain his level of improvement. And in 2019 make a decision.

City of Champions

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast