Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Pre-Draft Thread

Use this thread for all Sixers-related or general draft discussion.

We currently have the 10th pick from the Lakers and our own pick at 26.

We also have four 2nd round picks at 38, 39, 56, 60.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

Damn. No more draft express scouting report videos. Iím probably late but Iím sad.

if Trae Young falls to 10, Do you take him?

Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    Iím 50/50 on Young, maybe 40/60 leaning towards no? Idk. I was all in on the hype early in the year. There was a legit stretch where he looked like the closest thing Iíve ever seen to Steph Curry. But he looked pretty average most of the time after that. Thereís no way heís gonna be a good defender, so itís hard to love him as a prospect now.

Well we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    Yes. Yes you do. Too much talent to pass up.

Iím 50/50 on Young, maybe 40/60 leaning towards no? Idk. I was all in on the hype early in the year. There was a legit stretch where he looked like the closest thing Iíve ever seen to Steph Curry. But he looked pretty average most of the time after that. Thereís no way heís gonna be a good defender, so itís hard to love him as a prospect now.
    He come off bench. Our guard rotation would be pretty stout offensively. Not being Steph is not a reason to pass at 10.

I'm out on Trae Young. I personally think he is too small at the NBA level. I know the Steph Curry comparisons, but Steph is as actually strong as hell for his size and is an exception.

I wouldn't mind an athletic guard like Sexton or Gilgeous-Alexander who can handle the ball and can score. It was evident vs the Celtics that having an abundance of those type of players does not hurt at all. If not, Wendell Carter to back up Embiid would be nice.

Mikal Bridges is a very nice 3 and D player. But it all hinges on who is acquired in free agency and/or through a trade, and which Sixers, if any, are moved.

And with the later first round pick, why not Spellman? Athletic bigman who can get up and down the court, hit 3s, block shots, and is a champion.

One thing is for sure, this off season is going to be super exciting, and I'll be refreshing my Twitter feed non stop.

i hope we have to give up the LAL pick to Boston. I want the Kings pick more. If we do keep it im looking at either Bridges or Wendall Carter off the top of my head, guys who can fill much needed bench roles.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i hope we have to give up the LAL pick to Boston. I want the Kings pick more. If we do keep it im looking at either Bridges or Wendall Carter off the top of my head, guys who can fill much needed bench roles.
    Hereís what scares me about Boston getting that pick: they can get one of those big, and I think that makes Al Horford expendable, and I think they could put together a deal for KL and not kill themselves.

PROCESSING

maybe but i wouldnt really worry unless they were to get Ayon which i dont think would happen plus you can have the same concern with the Kings pick. Hell, Horford has been really valuable so if they think hes expendable bcuz they can draft someone like Bamba let them go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87
    Hereís what scares me about Boston getting that pick: they can get one of those big, and I think that makes Al Horford expendable, and I think they could put together a deal for KL and not kill themselves.
    The LAST thing I want to happen this season is for Boston to get our pick this year. Why would you even say that? I'd rather keep the pick this year and hope the Kings are either the worst team in the league or the best. But I'll worry about that next year.

i want the better pick its pretty simple. I think Kings are easily a bottom 5 team next year so i want the better pick.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    The LAST thing I want to happen this season is for Boston to get our pick this year. Why would you even say that? I'd rather keep the pick this year and hope the Kings are either the worst team in the league or the best. But I'll worry about that next year.
    Pretty much. Especially with Boston being thin at the bigs and this draft being deep with them.

Itís not just Ayton. Thereís Bagley (perfect for them), Bamba (perfect for them), Jackson. Give them 3 or 2 there some of those guys are real options and itís perfect.

Next year isnít a big draft for Bigs, is a little weaker, and doesnít have as many franchise altering players.

PROCESSING

Horford is under contract for 2 more years, you are reaching with the concerns and not all of these dudes are gonna be good. im not worried about whaty Boston does, im worried about whats best for the Sixers

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast