Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    RC Buford is already GM
    Pops is President of basketball operations though. I imagine he would step down and keep that role and basically be an advisor.

PROCESSING

Didn't realize Popovich was GM of the Spurs back in '94 then fired Bob Hill and named himself head coach. Boss move.

Even if we do miss on LeBron and Paul George this off-season. And even if Kawhi resigns with the Spurs and Klay resigns with the Warriors at least Jimmy Butler is a free agent after this season. How would everyone feel about signing him? I'd think we would have pretty good odds at landing him in that case.

hes every bit as good as PG so all for Butler
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Even if we do miss on LeBron and Paul George this off-season. And even if Kawhi resigns with the Spurs and Klay resigns with the Warriors at least Jimmy Butler is a free agent after this season. How would everyone feel about signing him? I'd think we would have pretty good odds at landing him in that case.
    All for adding Butler. All for adding basically any top 15-20 player in any scenario. NBA title contention is an arms race. You have to keep trying to acquire superstars when you have the very rare opportunity to do so, or someone else will get that player and pass you on the ladder. Just be smart about it, obviously.

PROCESSING

Just thought of this but reports coming out that Popovich only plans to coach another season or 2. I wonder if he'd be interested in coming here as our President/GM?? Great relationship with Brett Brown. Gives our owners an extremely respected face to the organization to replace the whole Colangelo mess. President/GM allows Pop to stay involved with the game but without the day to day grind that coaching demands.
    I donít know if youíve ever seen Pop interact with media, but he definitely ainít abt that northeast corridor life. Maybe a place like Utah or Phx

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I donít know if youíve ever seen Pop interact with media, but he definitely ainít abt that northeast corridor life. Maybe a place like Utah or Phx
    True

RC Buford is already GM
    I'm sure they could make a 'spot/title' for him. For what he's done for that organization, I'm sure they'd try to retain him the best they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Fine, forget Pop we'll just take Kawhi, jeez twist my arm.

Fine, forget Pop we'll just take Kawhi, jeez twist my arm.
    lol. I was just saying that it's more likely he'd stay within the Spurs organization than it'd be he comes to Philly, or any other team for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I have a feeling heíll sign a fair enough medium/long term offer from somewhere, but Jabari Parker could be another good 1-year contract candidate it we end up in that situation of missing out on a star. With his injuries and inconsistency, an overpaid one year prove it deal might be an attractive option for him so that he can get a nicer contract after the season.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 06-14-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Question about RFA. I know that if the free agent signs an offer sheet the home team has 3 days or however long to match and keep the player. What if the RFA signs a really expensive one year deal? Does the home team have to match the annual salary, or just total salary?

For example, if we signed a RFA to a one year $25M deal. Does the home team have to match one year at $25M, or can they match at 2 years $25M or say $30M?

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Question about RFA. I know that if the free agent signs an offer sheet the home team has 3 days or however long to match and keep the player. What if the RFA signs a really expensive one year deal? Does the home team have to match the annual salary, or just total salary?

For example, if we signed a RFA to a one year $25M deal. Does the home team have to match one year at $25M, or can they match at 2 years $25M or say $30M?
    Nope. A matching is of whatever contract we sign him to.

So if you do 1-year $25 mil on Parker, and Milwaukee matches they get 1-year $25mil. Upside: they would still have his bird rights. Downside is he hits URFA one year later.

PROCESSING

Iím pretty sure Iím going to get a resounding no in response but here it goes.

Would you take Chandler Parsons and 4 for Bayless?
    Could we buy him out? What would a buyout look like and how would it impact our cap?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast