Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Last I checked the Vegas odds for Paul George going to the Lakers was 1/2, which is insane. Theyíre basically calling it a done deal. I havenít seen anything in the news/media this year that makes it look so certain, but I guess thereís a lot more momentum for him leaving OKC and going to LA than I realized.

Iím guessing it stems back from last year when the rumors were flying that he wanted to force a trade to the Lakers or that heíd leave and sign with them no matter what the next year. Remember when all that was happening?

As for Boogie, that is surprising. I know Boston has constantly been floated as a rumored destination for him for years. Wonder if theyíre still interested. They can definitely come up with a way to trade for him.

But if George goes to LA, maybe Boogie would want to go there. They have cap space for 2 max players, even more than us. That puts them in the Lebron sweepstakes if George goes there. But I still believe Lebron would much more likely choose Philly or Houston.
    Lebron going to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's the one I heard. That he would be interested in LAL if PG was there. He still has interest in playing in DC with Wall.

If he goes to LA:
    Ball
    Ingram
    George
    Kuzma
    Boogie

If he goes to Was it would take a Sign and Trade, I would bet something like Porter, Gortat, Pick for Boogie and Filler. But you could be looking at:
    Washington:
    Wall
    Beal
    Oubre
    Morris
    Boogie

New Orleans
    Rondo
    Holiday
    Porter
    AD/Moore
    Gortat/AD

As for the media not saying a lot....right now that isn't a great story so they aren't really talking about it. Only so many times you can print "Paul's top landing spot is LA, wouldn't mind staying in OKC, Philly a longshot." But with Lebron you can come up with so many articles over why going to LAL, Philly, Houston, Staying in Cleveland, or a darkhorse team could sign him.
    I think Toronto has pieces and desire to blow it up. Big v and Lowry or derozan should get it done.

Liberty Ballers theorize a trade for Kawhi would take Fultz-Saric-TLC-10, possibly our 2019 pick as well.

I would do that easily TBH.

PROCESSING

Liberty Ballers theorize a trade for Kawhi would take Fultz-Saric-TLC-10, possibly our 2019 pick as well.

Ughhh. Ah man. Talking about trading Fultz really stresses me out. Just thinking about is painful. I could go either way on that trade. Jeez.

I see the obvious benefits. Young-ish, proven superstar... Legitimate championship contention... Etc. But part of me would probably always regret trading Fultz anyways. Especially Fultz + Saric.

Ughhh. Ah man. Talking about trading Fultz really stresses me out. Just thinking about is painful. I could go either way on that trade. Jeez.

I see the obvious benefits. Young-ish, proven superstar... Legitimate championship contention... Etc. But part of me would probably always regret trading Fultz anyways. Especially Fultz + Saric.
    I land on that getting Kawhi, if he signs an extension itís worth it. The reason is if Fultz never puts it together itís a huge win. Even if he does I would be upset a bit that we never saw him play, but happy we were able to pair Kawhi and these guys.

PROCESSING

Thatís a lot! Needs to come with guaranteed extension and possibly another body. Can they throw in a TJ-Murray swap? Geez thatís a lot! Thatís five first rounder inckuding 3 lottos. Damn thatís a lot! Might be too much unless we can get Murray too.

Iím ok with letting fultz and Saric go but them with all the addition stuff is tough. Maybe 26 instead of 10 is palatable.

HOT TAKE MOVES:
    Demar DeRozen gets traded to the Lakers for Ingram and Hart.
    Chicago signs Marcus Smart to a huge offer sheet.
    Brooklyn makes a splash move in trading for Hasaan Whiteside.
    Carmelo Anthony opts in with OKC....to be bought out late summer. Joins the Nets or Knicks on a cheap deal.
    Iím interested to see what happens with Capela and other secondary free agents. Someoneís gonna max Capela.

Will Barton. Jabari Parker. They could be good fits here if the Plan Aís fall through. But will they be worth the money theyíre gonna get. You get into traps paying big money to non superstars. Even if theyíre good players. Thatís how you become the Blazers, Wizards, etc.

no thanks not for a player whose set to be a UFA after the season and set to make the super max. im all for finding a way to bring in KL but thats just too much. We just won 52 games so how many more wins can he really add in comparison to what we would give up?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    no thanks not for a player whose set to be a UFA after the season and set to make the super max. im all for finding a way to bring in KL but thats just too much. We just won 52 games so how many more wins can he really add in comparison to what we would give up?
    He canít make the Supermax if heís traded or signs with another team.

PROCESSING

I feel like HOU doesnít make a ton of sense for LeBron. Yes, it would allow him to play off the ball, but thereís a few things I think that make it less attractive than here:

1) Heíd be in the West which means heíd have to go through GSW before he even got to the Finals. Sure, BOS is looking good but in no way, shape or form are they better than the Warriors. Why make your trip to the Finals harder if youíre chasing rings?

2) Most importantly, HOU ran more isos than anyone in the NBA this year and that number has increased in the playoffs. I know LeBronís camp is saying he wants to play off the ball, but is ďwatch Harden or Paul dribble the air out of the ball and come off picks while you stand in the cornerĒ really what he means by wanting to play off the ball? The Sixers move the ball much better. Itís much more of a team offense and DíAntoni has never changed his offense so I donít see why he would do it for LeBron.

I donít know, I feel like HOU is out there because they had a big year and they already have 2 established superstars, and I get that the money is technically better there with no taxes. But PHI seems like the most attractive place to me. He can play off the ball, he can play with Ben and truly take him under his wing, he can stay in the East. Heíd also have 2 things heís never truly had: a real PG to allow him to play off the ball (and one that is basically a left-handed, 6í10Ē version of himself) and a true elite center (Shaq was old I donít count him).

This may come off as being homer-ish but I truly do see PHI as the best landing spot for him. Iím not sure thereís a flaw in the Sixers outside of them being young, but 52 wins last year and Ben and Embiid already being superstars makes that an easier pill to swallow.

He canít make the Supermax if heís traded or signs with another team.
    i fully expect him to sign it before he is moved. not sure how that all works but i would expect him to ensure he gets it one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i fully expect him to sign it before he is moved. not sure how that all works but i would expect him to ensure he gets it one way or another
    Then he wonít move until next offseason because he canít sign the supermax til then. Which also means if heís back either things got worked out or he sat out another year. Which then do you really want to sign and trade for a guy that just sat out two years?

PROCESSING

Spurs arent giving him a supermax and allowing him to sit out the season again and if he does that he the players union would likely step in. Tell me the last time a star player was traded for nearly as much as what was suggested?

RoCo played the season with a torn tendon in his left middle finger. Getting surgery today. Happened at about the time his shooting. Went downhill.

PROCESSING

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast