Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Are you still putting in 8 teams per conference? What about more travel in between in case you get a Miami-Portland series? Does that guarantee you get the matchup you want? What about the number of times we claimed the "real finals" was on one side and it ended up that they lost?
    I don't really care about the cross conference stuff at all. I'd rather get shorter series to add a little more randomness. And to add a little more lets just include every team in the playoffs.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Well, this does not make any sense. The East/West is created to combat travel issues, and while it is much less of an issue now than ever (private non-stop luxury flights for every team), this does nothing to solve that problem and still does not ensure that the best 16 teams make the playoffs.

If they do make a change, the only one that makes sense to me is to banish conferences + divisions all together and make it an open league where the playoffs are for the top 16 teams period. I see very little reason not to do this, as they could still curtail the schedules to allow teams to play those closest to them more frequently than otherwise.
    Considering how much these guys make now and also considering how many flights a day happens to me this would be no issue unless you are having GSW playing the Knicks like 6 times a year or something.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Considering how much these guys make now and also considering how many flights a day happens to me this would be no issue unless you are having GSW playing the Knicks like 6 times a year or something.
    They mostly fly charter too.

PROCESSING

I've got a pretty unique fix too if you like parity. Move all the teams to Montana. No market advantages, almost no travel, play each team an equal number of times. Teams still rep current nba cities but all play in butt**** Montana. Admit it it's not half bad.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    The added travel would be a real problem for a lot of teams. Particularly the ones on the bottom of the chart that are not used to it.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/15...my-butler-but/

And that is based on minimizing travel for west coast teams as it is. The North South thing is a non-starter.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I've got a pretty unique fix too if you like parity. Move all the teams to Montana. No market advantages, almost no travel, play each team an equal number of times. Teams still rep current nba cities but all play in butt**** Montana. Admit it it's not half bad.
    They could all just stay home and play NBA2k against each other.

I've got a unique idea too. Everyone just get over it.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12