Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    36,211
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Who do you believe past or present that should have won the WWE Championship? I only wanna ask about WWF/E guys before some jumped ship to WCW.

    I have the following in no particular order. Oh if any of these guys have been WWE Champion please correct me.


    1) Lex Luger

    2) Scott Hall

    3) Doink the clown (the original)

    4)Goldust

    5)British Bulldog

    6)Marty Jenety

    7)The Godfather

    8)Ken Shamrock

    9) Steve Blackman

    10) Jack The Snake

    11)William Regal
    Most of these guys on your list are midcarders at best and shouldn't have even gotten title shots, let alone the title. Jake, was the only one I would agree with, but even that at the time, he should have gotten the IC title and wasn't a headliner.

    The only guys I would mention are Piper, Race and Dibiase. They didn't get the title because Hogan kept it for four years and Vince believed in the face having the title instead of heels, which every other territory did. Otherwise, all of them would have held the wwe title. Dibiase was originally going to get it and they changed their minds and that is why they created the million dollar belt.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac
    Most of these guys on your list are midcarders at best and shouldn't have even gotten title shots, let alone the title. Jake, was the only one I would agree with, but even that at the time, he should have gotten the IC title and wasn't a headliner.

    The only guys I would mention are Piper, Race and Dibiase. They didn't get the title because Hogan kept it for four years and Vince believed in the face having the title instead of heels, which every other territory did. Otherwise, all of them would have held the wwe title. Dibiase was originally going to get it and they changed their minds and that is why they created the million dollar belt.
    WWE has always been a face territory even going back to Vince Sr. But did you know DiBiase was billed as Champion on a few house shows prior to WrestleMania IV? In fact, there's a pic of him wearing the belt in his tux out there.

    Fingerpoke Marks Finale Of Fandom

    If you know who Jess McMahon and Toots Mondt are follow me on Twitter @libsuperstar

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    36,211
    Quote Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
    WWE has always been a face territory even going back to Vince Sr. But did you know DiBiase was billed as Champion on a few house shows prior to WrestleMania IV? In fact, there's a pic of him wearing the belt in his tux out there.
    That would make sense since Andre won it and then "sold" it to Dibiase. That is why they said there was no champion and had the tounament. That was a great storyline, starting with the two Hebners.

    If I remember correctly, he as originally supposed to win the tournament that Savage won. I know he was supposed to win the title, I just don't remember if it was then or not. Vince changed his mind and thought of the million dollar belt, which fit his character perfectly.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,086
    Cesaro.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Most of these guys on your list are midcarders at best and shouldn't have even gotten title shots, let alone the title. Jake, was the only one I would agree with, but even that at the time, he should have gotten the IC title and wasn't a headliner.

    The only guys I would mention are Piper, Race and Dibiase. They didn't get the title because Hogan kept it for four years and Vince believed in the face having the title instead of heels, which every other territory did. Otherwise, all of them would have held the wwe title. Dibiase was originally going to get it and they changed their minds and that is why they created the million dollar belt.
    I don't know I think guys like Doink and Goldust would of made OK Champions but that's just me.

    Yes this really did happen.



    WWE's Greatest


    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/ha.../nominate.html

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    40,650
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    You mean the British Bull Dog?
    Yeah, I missed him on your list


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,259
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I don't know I think guys like Doink and Goldust would of made OK Champions but that's just me.
    Dionk ? I might be a tad young to remember him.... But wasn't he a jobbing clown? If you want him winning it why not make Brooklyn Brawler win the title too than.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Dionk ? I might be a tad young to remember him.... But wasn't he a jobbing clown? If you want him winning it why not make Brooklyn Brawler win the title too than.
    I was young too, but I remember him as a serious character that turned into a jobber later on. Kinda like how Goldust was


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Dionk ? I might be a tad young to remember him.... But wasn't he a jobbing clown? If you want him winning it why not make Brooklyn Brawler win the title too than.
    I don't remember him all that well either but you gotta remember this was a time where
    there wasn't a lot of heel Champions so I think having a guy like him would of been something different.
    I don't believe he was a jobber? I believe he had some quality matches.

    Yes this really did happen.



    WWE's Greatest


    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/ha.../nominate.html

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    36,211
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I don't remember him all that well either but you gotta remember this was a time where
    there wasn't a lot of heel Champions so I think having a guy like him would of been something different.
    I don't believe he was a jobber? I believe he had some quality matches.
    No, he was definitely a jobber. He wasn't Brooklyn Brawler bad, but he was a notch above him. He hardly ever won and was just comic relief. He was never taken seriously and the only real feud he even had was against Crush, who was barely a mid carder himself. Matt Bourne was great as evil Doink, but he was just a pest to wrestlers and interfere in their matches, and then they would beat him in a match. Once they fired him and turned Doink face the gimmick was done for. He only did it for a year or so.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Most of these guys on your list are midcarders at best and shouldn't have even gotten title shots, let alone the title. Jake, was the only one I would agree with, but even that at the time, he should have gotten the IC title and wasn't a headliner.

    The only guys I would mention are Piper, Race and Dibiase. They didn't get the title because Hogan kept it for four years and Vince believed in the face having the title instead of heels, which every other territory did. Otherwise, all of them would have held the wwe title. Dibiase was originally going to get it and they changed their minds and that is why they created the million dollar belt.
    Most were horrid on the mic as well.. Luger or shamrock with the title would have been boring as ****. Honestly William Regal in todays wwe as a heel would have been a perfect world champion.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    40,650
    Are you saying that Steve Blackman wasn’t great on the mic or charismatic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac
    No, he was definitely a jobber. He wasn't Brooklyn Brawler bad, but he was a notch above him. He hardly ever won and was just comic relief. He was never taken seriously and the only real feud he even had was against Crush, who was barely a mid carder himself. Matt Bourne was great as evil Doink, but he was just a pest to wrestlers and interfere in their matches, and then they would beat him in a match. Once they fired him and turned Doink face the gimmick was done for. He only did it for a year or so.
    Didn't he act as a proxy for Lawler against Bret at SummerSlam '93? That might've been the only time he worked w/ somebody credible on a big stage. Only Borne could pull off the heel version. I'm glad he got to reprise the role at RAW 15 tho.

    Fingerpoke Marks Finale Of Fandom

    If you know who Jess McMahon and Toots Mondt are follow me on Twitter @libsuperstar

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    No, he was definitely a jobber. He wasn't Brooklyn Brawler bad, but he was a notch above him. He hardly ever won and was just comic relief. He was never taken seriously and the only real feud he even had was against Crush, who was barely a mid carder himself. Matt Bourne was great as evil Doink, but he was just a pest to wrestlers and interfere in their matches, and then they would beat him in a match. Once they fired him and turned Doink face the gimmick was done for. He only did it for a year or so.
    But see that's the beauty of it having an pest for a Champion LOL.

    Yes this really did happen.



    WWE's Greatest


    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/ha.../nominate.html

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,458
    Jake, Piper, Dibiase and Hall are the ones who stand out to me.

    I'd like to also mention Owen Hart. I know he was never a main eventer, but he was really good in the ring and a very good heel. I could have bought into him getting a push and winning the title for a bit. During that time he was feuding with Brett they could have done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •