Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Most lopsided Series All Time where you actually thought both teams had a chance ....

What was the most lopsided series where you actually thought both teams had a chance to win the series?

To me this off the top of my head would have to have been the 2001 Lakers vs Spurs. Spurs won in 1999, Lakers in 2000 and both teams were talking trash before they met.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Raptors-Cavs, this season
    Raptors-Wizards in 2015 (Wizards ended up with a sweep)
    Thunder-Heat, 2012(I thought that Miami would win, but not in a quick 5 game dispatch)
    Lakers-Mavericks in 2011 (Mavs Sweep)
    Spurs-Mavs 2010 (Mavs were the 2 seed, but swept by the 7 seed Spurs)
    That's what I can think of from the 2010s, but I'm drawing a blank from previous seasons. I'm sure someone will also add something

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Someone brought up Dallas vs LA 2011 as well considering LA had HCA and won back to back titles.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Someone brought up Dallas vs LA 2011 as well considering LA had HCA and won back to back titles.
    That one was surreal to me. Just considering all of those factors (and that LA had Kobe & were coming off 3 straight finals appearances). I thought that when the 8th seeded Grizzlies knocked of the 1 seeded Spurs, that we had a great chance of seeing Lebron vs Kobe (I thought that Miami would knock off Chicago, and that the Lakers would either end the Cinderella story Grizzlies or stomp on Durant again).

As we learned a few weeks later that that was the year of Dallas's uprising, but they also had the history of collapsing in the playoffs (E.g. the year previous when the Spurs embarrassed them). Even when they had taken games 1 in 2 in LA, I still didn't think LA was going to lose the series. It was after game 3, that I finally realized that Dallas is dominating them

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Probably last years finals. I thought Cavs had a 30-40% chance. They had no chance as they had to set a world record just to steal a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Probably last years finals. I thought Cavs had a 30-40% chance. They had no chance as they had to set a world record just to steal a close game.
    cavs werent even as good as the warriors the year they beat them, they just played well enough to pull out a win for the series.

anyone who thought they had even a slight chance of beating that same team but with Durant added to it were either delusional or a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Cavs vs Celtics............. So fae

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

the year Derrick Rose won MVP and the Bulls had HCA

First Sim League Title!