Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign and Trades

Sign and Trades

I've been asking in other threads but I haven't gotten any replies.

Does anyone know the rules for sign and trades? The reason this intrigues me so much is PG. The thunder may be the only team that may be interested in Ibaka, PF's are usually what used to be SF's so I'd feel comfortable moving OG there with Siakam off the bench.

I think MU can convince PG that he is the missing piece if he hired the right coach.

So what's the deal? Are sign and trades a thing still? What are the rules around them? Should I push this idea out of my head or is there something there?

Wiki is useless on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

Does anyone know the rules for sign and trades? The reason this intrigues me so much is PG. The thunder may be the only team that may be interested in Ibaka, PF's are usually what used to be SF's so I'd feel comfortable moving OG there with Siakam off the bench.

I think MU can convince PG that he is the missing piece if he hired the right coach.

So what's the deal? Are sign and trades a thing still? What are the rules around them? Should I push this idea out of my head or is there something there?

You can still do them. They have tightened up the rules. If you are in the tax, I believe it's a no go.

So we're good then? Let's do this then. All in on PG.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You can still do them. They have tightened up the rules. If you are in the tax, I believe it's a no go.
    I think it depends how far into the tax you are. The apron is about 5 million above the tax line IIRC. I think that is the cut off for being able to do S&T deals.

yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    yup.
    Elaborate.

We're now the tax. Players like Toronto and like MU. Just need the right coach to complete the trifecta.

Elaborate.

We're now the tax. Players like Toronto and like MU. Just need the right coach to complete the trifecta.
    OKC isn't taking Ibaka's awful contract in a S&T, and Paul George isn't coming here. no point of even dreaming about this.

Outside of maybe Houston, I can't think of a better fit for PG than Toronto if he wants to team up with some vets and try to put a team over the top.
    Okc wouldn't have much leverage.
    Ibaka's contract isn't that bad with only 2 years remaining. It's probably about 2.5 mil over market for a stretch 4 with a reputation for toughness and defense. Plays off the ball, former hero in OKC. It's not a leap for a GM to imagine an ibaka/Adams front court causing issues for opponent's.

They would definitely be interested in wright as a secondary ballhandler and defensive guard. Throw him and his rookie contract into the deal to offset some of the Ibaka surplus.

I think MU has had his eye on the Paul George situation for a while now.

Outside of maybe Houston, I can't think of a better fit for PG than Toronto if he wants to team up with some vets and try to put a team over the top.
    Okc wouldn't have much leverage.
    Ibaka's contract isn't that bad with only 2 years remaining. It's probably about 2.5 mil over market for a stretch 4 with a reputation for toughness and defense. Plays off the ball, former hero in OKC. It's not a leap for a GM to imagine an ibaka/Adams front court causing issues for opponent's.

They would definitely be interested in wright as a secondary ballhandler and defensive guard. Throw him and his rookie contract into the deal to offset some of the Ibaka surplus.

I think MU has had his eye on the Paul George situation for a while now.
    OKC already has Westbrook on super max, Melo most likely to opt-in at 28m, and Adams also maxed or close to it (can't remember). They aren't taking Ibaka. it's literally 0% chance lol

Maybe you can trade Ibaka for Melo ... but def not PG. they will try to keep him and if it doesnít work, PG will just sign where he wants

Also PG will make way more than Ibaka and if Iím not mistaking you canít add multiple players in a s&t

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Maybe you can trade Ibaka for Melo ... but def not PG. they will try to keep him and if it doesnít work, PG will just sign where he wants
    That's interesting to think about. Melo might be renewed in a situation where he can be alpha dog. We could recreate that 54 win Knick formula but with a higher caliber of support players. But that's a risky bounce back move and not really MU's style.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I think the thunder would rather move forward with Ibaka for the next 2 years than without Ibaka.

They can't be planning on losing PG and not suplimenting the roster in any way.

They can't be planning on losing PG and not suplimenting the roster in any way.
    If they S&T PG he has to agree to it. I imagine they would get a lot better than Ibaka from other teams if they went that route

I think PG stays in OKC and they try to get what they can for Melo. If PG leaves itís likely for the Lakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast