Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I just dont know when it became such a damning character trait for a player to have winning as a higher priority than personal achievement
    when people got really really sensitive. And the internet allows every random fan to voice their opinions on multiple forums. IMO, alot of times people dont even know where they get their information or ideas since their is so much information and opinions out there. I dont even think people wholly form their own opinions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    How much money (at the time) do you think they left on the table to make that happen? I would bet not that much.
    Klay will make more money as a warrior, hes not giving anything up. Hes making $80million off a shoe deal. He wouldnt get contracts like that on another team

This is whats making things even more unfair

It may be that not every person ties their self worth up with their bank account, and maybe $300M is enough money.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    when people got really really sensitive. And the internet allows every random fan to voice their opinions on multiple forums. IMO, alot of times people dont even know where they get their information or ideas since their is so much information and opinions out there. I dont even think people wholly form their own opinions anymore.
    I got mine from when the ARod to the Red Sox deal was rejected because he reworked the deal for slightly lower money and the MLBPA got mad that he was taking less than he earned.

PROCESSING

or maybe he wants to play in a system that gets him good shots and allows him to play off the ball as well as he does. Imagine that wanting to work for an employer that allows you to do what your good at doing.
    exactly. no other team in the league can offer him a better role on the court.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

thanks for clearing that up.... I think it came around the same time the word masculine developed a negative connotation

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    exactly. no other team in the league can offer him a better role on the court.
    Yup

Built from the ground up

Is Thompson really worth a max contract? I don't think so. He's probably the 4th best player on this team behind Durant, Curry and Green. Green may not be the shooter that Thompson is, but he does a lot more to help this team win games. We're talking $35M a year for a guy that nearly exclusively camps out behind the 3 point line? If he goes to another team, he's not going to be a first option. For a guard, you don't give max money to a player like that. For bigs, yes, because they're rebounding and protecting the rim also. What does Thompson really do well? Catch and shoot. He also plays a little defense. People talk about him being this tremendous, lock down defender, but I think he's a overrated defender. How many NBA Defensive teams has he made? ZERO. Not even a second team. It seems only Thompson fans seem to think he's a "great" defender. I think he's a good defender and borderline "very good" but thats about it.

Go ahead and list your top 10 players in the league and I highly doubt Thompson makes it. Make your top 20 and Thompson may or may not be on it. He's not on mine.

At worst hes very good. Id say great just because his versatility is sick, allows us to switch easily which is our main strength on defense

How long did James worthy stay with the lakers? How long did Mchale stay along side larry bird? How long did pippen stay with Jordan? How long did Elgin Baylor stay along side Jerry West? I realize these players are better than Klay- but nobody really knocks their careers about it.
    Already explained how I was consistent in valuing worthy. Tho even with him, he was at one point at least his team's second best player behind magic. Klay is even further down that pecking order in terms of importance.

McHale had an mvp caliber year and again the team's co star but even Larry bird would tell you he underachieved. Klay took that 2 levels further.
    Last edited by Chronz; 05-15-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    At worst hes very good. Id say great just because his versatility is sick, allows us to switch easily which is our main strength on defense
    Hes one of the best wing defenders in the league. A top 3 defender at his position

Don't get me wrong. Thompson fits into this system like a glove and he's excelling. He's a necessity for what the Warriors are running. I think he knows that. He knows that he's in the right situation to be a good player for a long time. He doesn't strike me as a guy that doesn't know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Already explained how I was consistent in valuing worthy. Tho even with him, he was at one point at least his team's second best player behind magic. Klay is even further down that pecking order in terms of importance.

McHale had an mvp caliber year and again the team's co star but even Larry bird would tell you he underachieved. Klay took that 2 levels further.
    Nothing wrong with putting winning and the strength of the team over personal achievement. Its odd how so many fans here attack a player for having this mindset..... LOL it should be viewed as a positive trait shouldn't it??

Nothing wrong with putting winning and the strength of the team over personal achievement. Its odd how so many fans here attack a player for having this mindset..... LOL it should be viewed as a positive trait shouldn't it??
    With all this tanking going on, people have developed loser mentalities.

You and I can relate to this right? Lol

With all this tanking going on, people have developed loser mentalities.

You and I can relate to this right? Lol
    I actually dont think thats why people are attacking klay for this. I think most people honestly do believe its a breath of fresh air- but those people want the warriors broken apart so bad, they dont appreciate any decision anybody makes that leads to the warriors staying together or perhaps even adding more talent

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast