Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    This likely is a indicator Masai will not do much with the roster.
    I dont think there's anything he could do with it regardless. we have a bunch of monster contracts that would be hard to trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i wonder if this has much or anything to do with a rift between Demar and coach. i thought it was stupid that people even talked about it afterwards but players have egos and sometimes relationships have a breaking point.
    I doubt it. Him and Lowry butted heads for years. I just think it's a situation where Casey took this team as far as he could take it. The team peaked, and Masai is looking for someone to take us over the hump. I'm also skeptical we will hire the right guy, but have to trust Masai I guess...

I was heavy on the fire Casey wagon 2-3 yrs ago, but the last 2 yrs changed that. I never thought there was an obvious better guy out there so just stick with him. I'm torn on this.

i thought this guy had a good take on things, it's early so there isn't a lot of talk yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIEBiszw6kA
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

For the past week, every time I loaded the forum page, I was hoping to see a post with this subject line.

All the best to Casey, definitely the best coach we've had, who made us into a team that we have so high expectations of. Class act, good person, I'm sure he'll land somewhere else and make that team better, too.

However, I'm really looking forward to some changes in playing style, player attitude, and better play calling. Above all, I'm looking for better playoff preparedness. I know chances are that we won't get it all, or maybe any of it, but at least there's something to hope for, and some reason to watch the next year's regular season games.

i thought this guy had a good take on things, it's early so there isn't a lot of talk yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIEBiszw6kA
    He lost me at "I don't follow Raptors basketball". Shut up, then. This is not a topic where you read the stat sheet and declare what the right thing to do was.

I don't think this was needed. I think getting starters who don't get out-played by the bench over 50% of the time would help more than a new coach. How many coaches would have had the stones to sit their star in a 4th quarter of a playoff game? If that decision is what cost him his job, than somebody wasn't watching that game.

If they aren't blowing up the roster than I hope they go with Stackhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    He lost me at "I don't follow Raptors basketball". Shut up, then. This is not a topic where you read the stat sheet and declare what the right thing to do was.
    i was just referring to the segment discussing Demar.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I'm feeling less and less certain that this was a good move as the day goes on. Anyone else in that boat?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32340370
    I'm feeling less and less certain that this was a good move as the day goes on. Anyone else in that boat?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think come playoff time you are as good your stars and that's why the Raptors have failed against the Cavs.

However, I thought the Raptors reverted to their old habits against the Cavs and often times looked unprepared. Was it the players? Or the coaching staff? The one thing I know for sure is the Raptors were not themselves and looked like a team that lacked identity in the series. That's happened too many times in the playoffs.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

If this is the only move, then it's pointless. A new voice isn't going to make Lebron stop owning us. I hope they didn't do it for the sake of making a move, Dwane deserves better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    A new voice isn't going to make Lebron stop owning us.
    I disagree. If that new voice was Popovic, or Stevens, I am pretty sure we don't get swept. The gameplan would've been better, plays would've been better, there would've been ongoing adjustments to the plan that are better than "don't start the player who sucked the most in the previous game".

The coach's role is more than just selecting a lineup. All those other things he does have an enormous influence on the outcome. Changing the figure that exerts the influence will absolutely affect the outcome.

(That all being said, I don't expect this to be the only move. But it's a big move all by itself already.)

I think we can all agree this team should not have been swept and at least not have given up both games at home. You can say it's on the players but Lowry played really well in this series and DeMar played well in the first two games, yet they lost game 1 due to poor execution and completely dropped the ball in the second half in game 2.

Perhaps I'm looking at it too much at a micro level. Maybe bigger picture wise, they really just wanted another voice and try something different. As Sadds was saying, they really don't have many options player movement wise.
    Last edited by aman_13; 05-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I just hope it doesn't mean they are delaying bold decisions with the core group. I've always really liked Casey, but there is some solace that the cast of available candidates has some intriguing options. But if they go out and hire Stan Van Gundy because he was the last Eastern Conference coach that beat LeBron, I will lose my mind.

Why not Mike Budenholzer?

Or go recruit a top college coaching talent like a Brad Stevens. You cannot tell me there isn't a sharp, innovative, young mind out there in all of the NCAA that can adjust and create NBA schemes. I'm not a huge NCAA guy so I may be ignorant saying this, but if theres no genuine top level candidates out there, I prefer that route than Stackhouse.

Disappointed it went the way it did. But we finally moved on from him. Hope the next guy is better, otherwise firing him would have just been for show.

Nurse is the best candidate IMO, but it will look like a **** show if he's the head coach. Too bad because I don't want to lose him.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast