• Celtics in 5

3 11.11%
  • Celtics in 6

4 14.81%
  • Celtics in 7

4 14.81%
Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    How good would the Cavs be, like how many wins, if LeBron wasn't on their team?
    Who would they have instead of Lebron?

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

This Boston Defense is insane. Morris turned into a huge defensive treat to anyone right now. Morris playing with a lot of confidence saying he’s “the best guy to guard James behind only Leonard”. Then came out and balled. Kinda remindeds me of when Iggy got the call to guard James.

Tatum uses his height to bother shots and can switch onto the bigs. He always goes for the block at the rim.

Smart(Harden stopper) is like a Draymond Green. Smart can switch onto anyone. He’s one of the best at drawing fouls.

Horford turned into a defense anchor this 2017-18 season. Easily his best and maybe his only Elite Defensive year in his career. Crazy to think he’s taking it even further in the playoffs. Amazing.

Brown is a elite on ball defender. He’s always the most athletic guy on the court and use that to his advantage. He was slowed down by the hamstring injury but he’s looking better every game. This is what he does on the switch.

https://youtu.be/FDVO0CUCX18
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 05-14-2018 at 05:09 PM.

How good would the Cavs be, like how many wins, if LeBron wasn't on their team?
    Probably borderline 30 wins. That roster is awful.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who would they have instead of Lebron?
    That is a very fair point.

But let's say league average starting SF, think Robert Covington

Is that a .500 team?

Is that a .500 team?
    No but the Cavs only won 50 games with LeBron James. If you take an MVP level player off a mediocre team and replace him with Covington they are going to suck

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No but the Cavs only won 50 games with LeBron James. If you take an MVP level player off a mediocre team and replace him with Covington they are going to suck
    OKC went from 55 to 47 without Durant

Is that a .500 team?
    In the East? Absolutely and still a playoff team. The 12/13 T-Wolves won 31 Games in the west with a terrible roster and Love playing 18 crappy games.

Pretty sure a replacement like Ariza with Hill/Clarkson, Love not being used completely improperly and Thompson and Korver..... can definitely best the Wolves team by 10 games being in the east.

Either way Lebron made the team he wanted, can play, but has shown he is an awful coach

No guarantee that team would make the playoffs, but certainly capable... again in the East
    Last edited by papipapsmanny; 05-14-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    stop.. even the biggest lebron lovers say he choked that including myself. His team is trash period. When lebron james leaves next year if he leaves its more grow for you people to eat when the cavs are about a 10 win team at best.
    Dude, its extremely consistent. Cavs win Lebron was great (Which he was), rest of team gets no mention. Cavs lose and Lebron goes 5-16. Its the rest of his team sucks.

That narrative has played out over and over since 2007, and it was only relevant in 07

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    In the East? Absolutely and still a playoff team. The 12/13 T-Wolves won 31 Games in the west with a terrible roster and Love playing 18 crappy games.

Pretty sure a replacement like Ariza with Hill/Clarkson, Love not being used completely improperly and Thompson and Korver..... can definitely best the Wolves team by 10 games being in the east.

Either way Lebron made the team he wanted, can play, but has shown he is an awful coach

No guarantee that team would make the playoffs, but certainly capable... again in the East
    I disagree. I think that's a 35 win team.

Let's assume the starters average 32 min a game

PG - George Hill - 10.0/3.0/3.0
    SG - J.R. Smith - 10.0/3.0/2.0
    SF - Covington - 14.0/6.0/2.5
    PF - Kevin Love - 19.0/10.0/2.0
    C - Tristian Thompson - 6.5/7.5/1.0
    Starter averages - 59.5/29.5/10.5

Bench
    Clarkson
    Hood
    Korver
    Nance
    Green

No way this is a playoff team, this is better than the Wizards?

PG - Wall - 19.4/3.7/9.6
    SG - Beal - 22.6/4.4/4.5
    SF - Porter - 14.7/6.4/2.0
    PF - Morris - 11.5/5.6/1.9
    C - Gortat - 8.4/7.6/1.8
    Starter averages - 76.6/27.7/19.8

The Cavs probably have a better bench, but there isn't nearly enough offense by the Cavs without LeBron to do any damage, and no way they make the playoffs.

I disagree. I think that's a 35 win team.

Let's assume the starters average 32 min a game

PG - George Hill - 10.0/3.0/3.0
    SG - J.R. Smith - 10.0/3.0/2.0
    SF - Covington - 14.0/6.0/2.5
    PF - Kevin Love - 19.0/10.0/2.0
    C - Tristian Thompson - 6.5/7.5/1.0
    Starter averages - 59.5/29.5/10.5

Bench
    Clarkson
    Hood
    Korver
    Nance
    Green

No way this is a playoff team, this is better than the Wizards?

PG - Wall - 19.4/3.7/9.6
    SG - Beal - 22.6/4.4/4.5
    SF - Porter - 14.7/6.4/2.0
    PF - Morris - 11.5/5.6/1.9
    C - Gortat - 8.4/7.6/1.8
    Starter averages - 76.6/27.7/19.8

The Cavs probably have a better bench, but there isn't nearly enough offense by the Cavs without LeBron to do any damage, and no way they make the playoffs.
    They shouldn't be better then the Wizards but the wizards are the only team in the NBA that get confused by picks.

The bottom of the east got better this year, like I said, would it be a guarantee, no could I see it getting in, yeah.

To play it to the extreme they would have cap space for a better player than that bum Covington. Also no Bron means you have Crowder and IT or even better Irving with cap space

Bron build this **** storm. Now people mad at Lou! No **** he is a bum coach cause he bent over and took it from the king.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    without pippen yes... would you like to see the games before pippen joined the balls? Lebron doesnt have a pipper or a flat out insane bulls defense. KL got baked by horford all game.
    Here’s who Jordan lost to before Pippen joined the bulls and before Pippen hit his prime:

Rookie year - bucks
    86, 87 - Celtics
    88-90 - pistons

So in 86 and 87... Jordan was down Pippen.. and his opponent bird had FOUR hall of famers! You literally don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

The only thing that’s obvious about people like you is that you never HAVE seen those games.

In 87 the Bulls lost to Boston by a TOTAL OF 22 points over 3 games. Jordan by himself against five hall of famers. You probably think 35 year old Jordan limping around against the Jazz IS Michael Jordan huh?

What I like to tell Lebron fans is... show me a series where the bulls lost and Jordan shot 35.6% or averaged 17.8 PPG?

And that’s when they typically stop answering or say that bill Russell has more rings than Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerD View Post
    Here’s who Jordan lost to before Pippen joined the bulls and before Pippen hit his prime:

Rookie year - bucks
    86, 87 - Celtics
    88-90 - pistons

So in 86 and 87... Jordan was down Pippen.. and his opponent bird had FOUR hall of famers! You literally don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

The only thing that’s obvious about people like you is that you never HAVE seen those games.

In 87 the Bulls lost to Boston by a TOTAL OF 22 points over 3 games. Jordan by himself against five hall of famers. You probably think 35 year old Jordan limping around against the Jazz IS Michael Jordan huh?

What I like to tell Lebron fans is... show me a series where the bulls lost and Jordan shot 35.6% or averaged 17.8 PPG?

And that’s when they typically stop answering or say that bill Russell has more rings than Jordan.
    This seems to be always lost. Jordan was a rookie on a crappy team, playing a 59 team Bucks team that was extremely talented, efficient and in their prime. (for fun, you had the Bird Celtics, Barkley, Dr. J, and Malone Sixers and a young IT, Laimbeer Pistons as the 4 seed. Lebron has never seen anything like that in the east.

Next year he barely plays, and is on an even worse team imo, goes up against one of the top 3 teams of all time, and goes insane in a series loss to the Celtics (5th seed is IT's Pistons, with a rookie Dumars). More of the same next season (Celtics)

Then Jordan Runs into the Bad Boy Pistons another top 5-7 best all time team. They Create the Jordan Rules, Pippen is abused the first two years, and in his 3rd year has a Migraine in Game 7.

Another fun Fact in that Game 7 loss to Detroit, MJ shot over 48% with 8 Rebounds and 9 Assists. The rest of his team combined shot 23.8%. People would be writing sorry for your loss letters if that happened to Lebron.

Sorry I get irritated by face value arguments with no context at all

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    OKC went from 55 to 47 without Durant
    Yes and LeBron is a much better all around player than KD. Swap KD and LeBron - put LeBron on GS and KD on Cleveland. GS would still be a championship lock and Cleveland would likely not go past the first round of the playoffs. Afterall KD couldn't quite get it done in OKC with an all around much more talented team than that which surrounds LeBron in Cleveland