4 14.81%
Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    ok

thanks
    No prob

Ask me anytime, I shall teach

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes and LeBron is a much better all around player than KD. Swap KD and LeBron - put LeBron on GS and KD on Cleveland. GS would still be a championship lock and Cleveland would likely not go past the first round of the playoffs. Afterall KD couldn't quite get it done in OKC with an all around much more talented team than that which surrounds LeBron in Cleveland
    If lebron on gs, I def wouldn’t feel as confident facing the Rox

The issue for the cavs is the amount of small forwards Boston can throw at lebron. They can also guard different positions on the floor. It’s also the most important position on the floor. If your team doesn’t have a really good one you don’t really have a chance. I HATE the Celtics. Not real hate but a sports fun hate and I’m almost rooting for them. I just like how they are constructed. Lebron can’t guard everybody and this team is going to be a lot to handle. Even for the two teams in the west. SAS said Boston wouldn’t be able to match the “firepower” of the cavs. What firepower do you speak of? Also they are not afraid of the cavs like Toronto is. That series was over at the start of overtime in game one.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes and LeBron is a much better all around player than KD. Swap KD and LeBron - put LeBron on GS and KD on Cleveland. GS would still be a championship lock and Cleveland would likely not go past the first round of the playoffs. Afterall KD couldn't quite get it done in OKC with an all around much more talented team than that which surrounds LeBron in Cleveland
    KD couldn’t get it done in OKC because Russ was there to take shots away from him. Russ ain’t a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    KD couldn’t get it done in OKC because Russ was there to take shots away from him. Russ ain’t a winner.
    Yeah. I think George Hill can play off Durant nicely. So can Love, as KD doesn't need the lane open as much. Clarkson and Hood have their scoring moments and streaks. I think they'd still be respectable and more then first round fodder. You have energy guys like TT and Nance. Sharpshooters in Korver and JR. I don't think the Cavs are as Bare as people want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That is a very fair point.

But let's say league average starting SF, think Robert Covington

Is that a .500 team?
    Covington is the best they could get given the cap room they would have?

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    This seems to be always lost. Jordan was a rookie on a crappy team, playing a 59 team Bucks team that was extremely talented, efficient and in their prime. (for fun, you had the Bird Celtics, Barkley, Dr. J, and Malone Sixers and a young IT, Laimbeer Pistons as the 4 seed. Lebron has never seen anything like that in the east.

Next year he barely plays, and is on an even worse team imo, goes up against one of the top 3 teams of all time, and goes insane in a series loss to the Celtics (5th seed is IT's Pistons, with a rookie Dumars). More of the same next season (Celtics)

Then Jordan Runs into the Bad Boy Pistons another top 5-7 best all time team. They Create the Jordan Rules, Pippen is abused the first two years, and in his 3rd year has a Migraine in Game 7.

Another fun Fact in that Game 7 loss to Detroit, MJ shot over 48% with 8 Rebounds and 9 Assists. The rest of his team combined shot 23.8%. People would be writing sorry for your loss letters if that happened to Lebron.

Sorry I get irritated by face value arguments with no context at all
    Take me to church.

hoping cveltics get it done tonight- i want this series to go long and get the dubs some rest

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    (null)
    Kd's numbers in the playoffs when curry was sitting so far to this point have been down. When he only had westy in the playoffs they went down. When he didn't have westy and had to carry the load he ended that Memphis series in horrible fashion. When forced to create at a high level he falters individually (which is why he loves the 1v1 vs midgets and open shots on gs so he doesn't ever have to do it).

Durant needs others to be the playmakers for the rest of the team and set up/create for everyone. Replacing lebron type team with kd will hurt that playmaking ability a ton. Durant is the elite scorer you put next to lebron or curry etc who are the real engines to an offense unlike him.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Kd's numbers in the playoffs when curry was sitting so far to this point have been down. When he only had westy in the playoffs they went down. When he didn't have westy and had to carry the load he ended that Memphis series in horrible fashion. When forced to create at a high level he falters individually (which is why he loves the 1v1 vs midgets and open shots on gs so he doesn't ever have to do it).

Durant needs others to be the playmakers for the rest of the team and set up/create for everyone. Replacing lebron type team with kd will hurt that playmaking ability a ton. Durant is the elite scorer you put next to lebron or curry etc who are the real engines to an offense unlike him.
    Not necessarily a knock. He's a forward. Not every forward has to be a passer like LeBron. The typical front court player needs playmakers. It's not like Shaq or Duncan or Dirk didn't also need perimeter playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Not necessarily a knock. He's a forward. Not every forward has to be a passer like LeBron. The typical front court player needs playmakers. It's not like Shaq or Duncan or Dirk didn't also need perimeter playmakers.
    On a team that pretty clearly needs creators after Kyrie left and then replacing Lebron too though it makes a big issue. KD benefits from playing next to engines so that he doesn't have to and his efficiency won't fall off like in that Memphis series etc. as the man/focus.

I mean I agree him not having that skill set doesn't mean he can't be a great player but it just isn't who he is and is partially what makes a player like Curry arguably more valuable imo (despite other issues like not as elite of defender etc). Replacing an engine to an offense with more of a pure scorer like Durant is likely to see a decent fall off imo from the team as a whole so that replacement wouldn't be as good as some might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Covington is the best they could get given the cap room they would have?
    yea lol, clevelands cap management has been terrible. if you remove lebron next season, the Cavs are still 3 mil over the cap lol

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    No as a rookie he definitely isn't better than prime Pierce. Not at all the point I was making. I'm talking into the future. I really see bright things for Tatum.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Pierce. One of my favorite players ever. Legit HOFer obviously. But at the same time he isn't some God. He was never a top 5 player and honestly maybe not even a top 10 guy at any time. He wasn't ever a real MVP candidate. And as much as I love Pierce, let's remember that his HOF resume is probably more on longevity than it is peak. Let's say Pierce was a T-Mac or Grant Hill type scenario where the peak was really short - he probably wouldn't be looked at as a HOFer like those guys still are, just a really great player. I really think when we look back, peak to peak, Tatum can be better than Pierce.

Lebron has talked about what made Pierce so great was his footwork. With Tatum I see that type of footwork. The guy is unbelievable for a 19 year old. He's got a terrific head on his shoulders (Pierce was immature when he was younger, by comparison). But Tatum has athleticism Pierce never did. Pierce was 6'6"/6'7" while Tatum is 6'8"/6'9" (and supposedly still could grow another inch or two, like Paul George back when he came out). Tatum's wingspan is super long. One of the most impressive things with Tatum this year has been his rebounding too. He goes up strong when he's in position to. I think that's going to give him the ability to play extended minutes at the 4 where his handles, footwork on the perimeter and athleticism will all play up. I think that's going to be huge for him going forward.
    Agreed about everything you said about Paul, but I’d be surprised if Tatum is ever a top 10 guy in the league. He’s a great Rookie and I love him, but like Pierce, I think there ceilings are set by there athletic ability. Both are good athletes with a lot of skills and fundamentals. They lack explosiveness that top 10 players have that are Wings. I think his ceiling is In Paul Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Agreed about everything you said about Paul, but I’d be surprised if Tatum is ever a top 10 guy in the league. He’s a great Rookie and I love him, but like Pierce, I think there ceilings are set by there athletic ability. Both are good athletes with a lot of skills and fundamentals. They lack explosiveness that top 10 players have that are Wings. I think his ceiling is In Paul Pierce.
    It's probably right around there, agreed, but that's a hell of a player. You can argue not top 10, but PP was easily top 20 and a perenniel All Star. If they get that from Tatum it's a huge win. And like Pierce his game will last extremely well if he stays healthy.

I've seen the script before lethargic Game 1 LeBron leads to Freight Train James

If we survive tonight no doubt in my mind we take the series

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast