Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Aron Baynes
    PF: Al Horford
    SF: Jayson Tatum
    SG: Jaylen Brown
    PG: Terry Rozier

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

TD Garden, Boston

Last edited by kdspurman; 05-11-2018 at 10:14 AM.

First Sim League Title!

Thanks.. I was just finishing up the WCF thread then about to do this one.. Appreciate it

My Celtics if we were at full strength with Kyrie and Hayward then I would say that this series goes 7 games with us winning it. However, with the guys we have now with Horford, Brown, Rozier, Tatum and Baynes I see us losing this series in 6 games tops. With our coach Stevens with our system I think we take this series 6 games before we lose it.

LeBron James

These are not fouls apparently

I went with Cavs in 6. I like what this Boston team is doing and Stevens is a genius, but I think this is one of the best versions of LeBron we've ever seen.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My Celtics if we were at full strength with Kyrie and Hayward then I would say that this series goes 7 games with us winning it. However, with the guys we have now with Horford, Brown, Rozier, Tatum and Baynes I see us losing this series in 6 games tops. With our coach Stevens with our system I think we take this series 6 games before we lose it.
    same here. I don't think we have enough firepower to compensate for the Lebron buzzsaw.

If fully healthy I think the Celtics could win in 6 as well.

The silver lining in all this is that Rozier, Tatum, and Brown are getting invaluable experience. Just facing LeBron in the ECF is gonna help all of your young guys as well. Next year they're gonna be even better, and when you add Irving and Hayward the team is super deep. Best in the East and easy title contender IMO.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    same here. I don't think we have enough firepower to compensate for the Lebron buzzsaw.
    If we did then everyone would be saying Celtics win this series but I see us losing this in 6 games with us winning at least 2 games. However, imagine if our Celtics do the unthinkable and actually beat LeBron. If that were to happen then I could see it going 7 with us winning it in 7 games. Realistically though I see us losing in 6.

They key to the series IMO is Korver/Love. Lebron is going to get his. Pencil in 35 ppg 8 apg 8 rpg (he might get more!)

but how effective Korver/Love is and how they execute that dance these 2 have been doing (setting screens for eachother, Korver just driving his body into Loves defender and taking him to the other side of the court so love can post up on the smaller player) how ever Boston defends that to me will dictate the series

First Sim League Title!

ECF: Boston Celtics [2] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4]

Hard to bet against lebron in the east, gonna go cavs in 6. Pretty impressive Boston made it here without kyrie/Hayward though, next year will be their time

Giving the Cavs 2 games b/c LeBron will be by far the best player in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Boston's run has been impressive but coaching can only take you so far. I am torn between Cleveland in 4 and Boston in 7 honestly. I'm going Cleveland in 4 just based on gut.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

If we did then everyone would be saying Celtics win this series but I see us losing this in 6 games with us winning at least 2 games. However, imagine if our Celtics do the unthinkable and actually beat LeBron. If that were to happen then I could see it going 7 with us winning it in 7 games. Realistically though I see us losing in 6.
    honestly I think we'd have a better shot against either western team than we do against Cleveland. We can go blow for blow with either the Rockets or Warriors due to our length, ball distribution, athleticism, and team defense but Lebron in aggression mode is just impossible to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    honestly I think we'd have a better shot against either western team than we do against Cleveland. We can go blow for blow with either the Rockets or Warriors due to our length, ball distribution, athleticism, and team defense but Lebron in aggression mode is just impossible to stop.
    I know right and with me Stevens is like our Pop but he can only take us so far before the run ends and I see it ending here. It would be nice if we could pull off another miracle and dethrone LeBron but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Celtics need to throw body after body at LeBron just to keep him off balance a little. Keep mixing it up. Be physical with him one on one. Accept that he's going to be the best player on the court and dominate. We need to focus on shutting everyone else down. MAKE LeBron beat us by himself (which he's capable of). If we can turn this into LBJ vs our youth we have a fighters chance at wearing him down.

Cavs in 6. LBJ will be gassed and demolished by GS in the finals.

City of Champions

Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast