• Celtics in 5

3 11.11%
  • Celtics in 6

4 14.81%
  • Celtics in 7

4 14.81%
Page 22 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Ehh that narrative ran its course a long time ago. People tried continuing it when the heat lost to the Mavs which was completely laughable
    stop.. even the biggest lebron lovers say he choked that including myself. His team is trash period. When lebron james leaves next year if he leaves its more grow for you people to eat when the cavs are about a 10 win team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, bro! Werenít YOU the stat man? Donít be tryina pawn it off on Tre!
    yes and being the stat guy i know that plus/minus is quite literally as bad as judging 1 player by a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Yeah, Kyrie's efficient 27/4/4 and dagger three to win the series when no team scored for 5 minutes to close game 7 in Oracle were ehh.
    Now what was lebrons numbers for that finals? And as important as that 3 was if i recall it was a tie game... this happened first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zd62MxKXp8

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    No he wasn't. He was ineffective against them it wasn't until Draymond got suspended and Bogut went down that he played well. Kyrie won that series
    lol when 25 PPG, 11 Boards, and 8 assists are considered ineffective.

Those are his stats before Game 5.

Then, he ramped it up even more in games 5-7, scoring 36 points per game and averaging a triple double.

And that game 7 clutch time?

Kyrie hit a 3
    LeBron scored literally 13 of the Cavs 18 points that quarter, the only other point he didn't score was on an assist that he gave up to Love. Kyrie was 1 for 5 in the 4th quarter.

Talk about revisionist history.

You either have a joke of a memory, or are intentional about this.

Kyrie's only big game, was the Game 5 when Draymond was suspended, that he scored 41 in, which of course, LeBron also scored 41 in.

The Cavs miss Kyrie because he could play off Lebron. Their entire offense is LBJ dribbling and either shooting or passing to a shooter. Kyrie could take those lockouts and turn them into something if they werenít open. No one else on CLE can. Love is a gifted scorer but not in that type of scenario.

The Cavs have a lot of talent in their rotation but itís not a group that compliments each other well and their system makes no effort to integrate them with each other.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Caught the last four minutes of this surprising blowout. Heard from Jackson & Gundy that the Celtics raced out the gate and Cavs never really recovered. Iím thinking Cleveland still has a chance, but itís gotta be disheartening to be stomped on the road after sweeping the last opponent twice first on the road. Anyway, itíll definitely wear down Cleveland. The talent and consistency just isnít there other than LeBron. This kid Tatum is for real; I see that his 20pt historic streak ended but very impressive. Definitely a possible MIP Candidate next year considering he is already so good!

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    So much whining about Lebron's teammates, coaches, etc. He's played with multiple HOFers, multiple Hall of Role Player Fame players, multiple great coaches, and he's chosen each and every one for the most part. If his style of play doesn't work it's on him. He's a great player and fun to watch but he's not interested in doing anything but Lebronball.
    Ding ding ding... there comes a point where he needs to recognize no matter how great an individual he is it's a TEAM game.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yes and being the stat guy i know that plus/minus is quite literally as bad as judging 1 player by a ring.
    Ring is the only thing that matters. Scoring titles donít. Triple doubles donít. 73 reg season wins donít. Only rings. Thatís it.

As far as judging players, well they certainly arenít the end all be all. If they were, people would have horry ranked above Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    stop.. even the biggest lebron lovers say he choked that including myself. His team is trash period. When lebron james leaves next year if he leaves its more grow for you people to eat when the cavs are about a 10 win team at best.
    They'll be a 30 win team without Bron. Love can still be a focal point on a bad team like he was in Minny. He doesn't have Rubio and Pek this time, but he still has some useful pieces so I can see 30-35 wins for the Cavs minus LeBron.

A) That's a terrible matchup for Love 1v1 when they play him at C.
    What does position have to do with it if we're comparing 1v1? Horford is a natural PF, Love is a natural PF. Both playing out of position at C. Horford was way better than Love game 1. Horford is a better overall player than Love (who plays no defense no matter the position he's playing). Love is a better scorer.

B) It's one game
    Yep. But I'll still take Horford the rest of the way. He's going to make things tough for Love both offensively and defensively. Love may put up better rebound totals and could have a game or 2 where he goes off offensively. Other than that, he's going to have a hard time this series doing much vs. Horford.

C) Precisely my point. Love is being disgustingly underutilized. LeBron + a horrible coach (that is also LeBron).
    Maybe so. But that doesn't minimalize how ineffective he is when he does get utilized.

You can argue Love would be the 1A on this team. You can't argue anything less.
    Love would be the 3rd best player on BOS if healthy. Maybe 3A. Kyrie is clearly better. Horford is better. Hayward is very comparable to Love, probably slightly better.

City of Champions

Love was schooled yesterday...

I am interested in how the Cavs do when LeBron leaves next season... I think they are still a playoff team if they get rid of Lue... They need a legit coach, not a glorified assistant to LeBron... Love will easily be their #1 and I can see him getting 24 and 10 each night...

I don't know who will be happier when LeBron leaves... Love or Gilbert...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

If Philly gets LeBron, you could kiss Brett Brown bye bye... LeBron doesn't like to be the inferior head coach wherever he plays... Then again, who would be the inferior HC for Philly if Lebron landed there...??? James or Brown...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lmfao. Ohhh K Boston Homer.

Love is in his peak age and is a fantastic passer and a clealry better playmaker/shooter/scorer than Love. Horford is a better defender, NOT a better player.
    I hate Boston but I think Horford is def in a tier above Love.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I hate Boston but I think Horford is def in a tier above Love.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Horford is one of the most well rounded bigs in the game and is still incredibly underrated on both ends of the floor. The fact that tre said Love is a better passer than Horford goes to show that he knows nothing about his game seeing as Horford is arguably the best passing big in the NBA. It still baffles me just how underrated he is. Heís also having an absolute monster of a post season.