Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team wins this series?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston Rockets

1 50.00%
  • Golden State Warriors

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hmmmmm. Not really the outcome I expected. Whatever. Warriors with Durant are extremely difficult to match up with

Basically how I thought itíd go. If this happens on Wednesday, thatís a wrap.

Iím assuming itís already a wrap.

2018 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Rockets vs. Warriors

Mbah a moute trying to set the record for most missed layups in a playoff series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better energy tonight. Ariza started with some fire in him. PJ finally hit a shot. Harden being Harden. Paul playing better. Gordon too. Defense has been stellar.

Feel bad for Luc. Not looking good. And we kinda need him.

WOW

That was one hell of a half by the Rockets. The Warriors finished the quarter with 5 straight points and two Rockets turnovers, but gotta be happy with how well they played, actually exposing the Warriors on D.

Rockets assisting on 21 of 23 of their makes.

Edit: yeah that sounded wrong. Feigen actually had it wrong. It's up to 19 on 31 right now.

Watching Luc warmup right now, and his threes look as good as his point blank layups.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 05-16-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Complete game by the Rockets. Probably their best game this postseason, considering the competition.

Gordon, PJ and Ariza were all killing it tonight. Certainly their best games in the Playoffs.

And boy, they've taken advantage of that Curry matador defense.

Good thing game 3 is not until Sunday. That's plenty of time for Chris to get healthy.

The Rockets are very much alive, gentlemen.

2018 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Rockets vs. Warriors

Fantastic game, and a statement.

With that said, letís not act like some players didn't overachieve in this game. But neither harden nor Paul played great, and everyone thought both would have to play great in order to beat the warriors.

I LOVE that they went with a smaller rotation. Itís what worked for the rockets this year. It lets players get hot. During the regular season I was weary of it because I thought guys would be burnt out. But with the days off in this series, that doesnít matter.

Iím really mostly concerned about Mbah a Moute. The rockets have a 7 man lineup right now. They need Luc as that 8th man.

Hopefully they can steal one In golden state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Driven; 05-17-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Yeah, I echo everyone's sentiments here. I thought thought that was their best overall game of the postseason. They didn't just win, they won EVERY QUARTER! That's amazing. Every time Golden State looked like they had a big run in them, the Rockets found an answer. The ball movement was great. The shooting was great. The defense was exceptional. Everyone contributed.

If you were of the opinion that the Rockets could beat Golden State in this series, then last night's game was the paradigm performance. THAT's how they have to play if they want to win this series. And if they can do that one more time in Oakland over the next two games, then the Rockets can come back home to Houston tied up at 2-2 with home court advantage back in their favor.

Driven, I agree that Luc's struggles are a real concern. I'm OK with a smaller rotation, though, as long as it's working and the starters aren't getting worn down. Having a long break before Game 3 and no back-to-backs int he postseason should help that. But between Luc, Ryno and Nene, I'd like to see one of those guys step up and be a more reliable 8th guy to stretch this rotation a bit more.

I also agree that going small has worked. PJ Tucker is such a perfect player to match up against Golden State with, because he can match up extremely well with Draymond at center while still being able to switch on every other player on the floor in Golden State's "Hampton 5" lineup. As long as he continues to play well, I think D'Antoni can continue to play with that small ball lineup more regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉

I don't see Ryno or Nene getting any playing time the rest of the series because of their defense or because of matchups. Especially Anderson, which is a shame because he's the best pure shooter the Rockets have. That's why I think Luc needs to step up. He can be an asset on both offense and defense. No one else really can.

I think Nene is still a very effective player, but based on last night's game, I think going small is the way to go when Capela sits. That way you get an extra shooter on the floor as well as a more versatile defender.

Pathetic.

I'm starting to agree with Facebook posters. Chris Paul is a loser.

What a discouraging game. Itís one thing to miss shots, but itís another to play sloppy and look lackadaisical out there.

Harden has played bad, but at least played with energy in the first half. Paul could not be any worse. I put this squarely on them two, because Golden State hasnít shot the ball well and if CP3 and Harden played like true leaders today it would have at least been close so far. Paulís body language tonight is infuriating. Harden is missing layups and trying to draw fouls instead of finishing plays.

Also in the first half, the rockets had about three chances down 6 or 7 to close the gap on offense, only to have a bad possession and miss defensive rebounds on the following possession.

Lead back down the 13 now, Golden State playing very sloppy during this run and harden is running the offense effectively. Neither team has played wel tonight. Really surprising. I expected both teams to come out really playing well

This is tough. Iíve given up on todays game, havenít given up on game four though. DíAntoni, Paul and Harden need to step up in that game to win home court back.

Down almost 30, Paul starts to show up.

Don't let the score fool you. It's a 21-point deficit right now, but it should really be 40. D'Antoni told the TNT reporter at halftime, the Rockets were creating good shots, just missing them. I have no idea which shots he was referring to. The Rockets created **** in that first half. It was actually the Warriors that missed a lot of uncharacteristic wide open threes. When their shot started to fall, it was over.

The Rockets have no chance in Oakland. And I'm thinking game 2 was an outlier. It probably sounds I'm just disgusted and overreacting a bit, but if they can't bring their A game in a WCF game 3, I have no hopes. At this point, I'd be surprised if we watch a game 6.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast