Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Roberto Osuna arrested for assaulting his gf; Suspended 75 games

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Sex and racial discrimination (which are wrong) have nothing in common with people's PERSONAL lives during the OFFSEASON.

If you want employers imposing disciplinary actions for people's personal lives, then we don't need a ****in' court system. Never mind that the Constitution states that double jeopardy is illegal, because that's basically what it occurring with MLB getting involved.
    What u don’t get is something called branding. Branding encompasses everything it does that creates and affects perception, from the design of its logo to the behavior of the people that represent.the company. How employees of a company behave when they interact with its customers is part of branding. A great is when Chick Fila-A employees say “My pleasure”.

The types of people hired by an organization can also affect branding and public perception - especially when the employees holds a very public spot - a spot that is routinely covered by media. A spot that creates some degree of interest in the company. A spot - an association between the worker and the organization - that brings notoriety to the company and celebrity to the worker.

Baseball has chosen to intervene. First to protect its image, absolutely. If you represent an organization publicly in AND out of uniform (celebrity) your behavior should be consistent with the values of your employer. If your behavior is not - there are consequences like getting suspended.

Baseball has also chosen to be proactive. Their statement is clear. “We are a family of players and significant others. We will protect members of our family and intervene.”

Sure, the cynic will also say this is branding. Often branding and “the right thing to do” intersect - like when you see signs in restrooms that remind employees to wash their hands.

Osuna wasn’t fired. He was suspended. He violated a policy in his contract - a policy that serves the employer but also helps to protect the members of its family - wives, children, partners,etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-27-2018 at 04:47 AM.

I would say a human attacking another human is disgusting. I don't care about the sexes involved. We're all equal or should at least be considered equal.
    Sweet. Now I can tell all professional sports players I know that they can go back to kicking the **** out of the elderly and toddlers that they were so used to doing!

Thanks dodger Dave. You’re the real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Sweet. Now I can tell all professional sports players I know that they can go back to kicking the **** out of the elderly and toddlers that they were so used to doing!

Thanks dodger Dave. You’re the real hero.

I don't condone violence. What is wrong with you?
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 06-27-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

But they're doing their own thing in the off-season. You seem to think they can do whatever they want in the off-season with no repercussions from the MLB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Ever heard of double jeopardy?
    This isn't the court system, you aren't being tried a second time.

Well, they are certainly acting like a court system.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

No. Whassamattahyou?

Well, they are certainly acting like a court system.
    No, they are acting like an employer

An employer acting like a court system.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Have you ever worked in the professional world?

You really think an employer should have no right to discipline an employee for committing a crime?

Imagine you own a business, one of your employee's is arrested and found guilty of domestic violence. In turn, you lose business because nobody wants to give money to a business who employs a domestic abuser.

You would not punish this employee?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456