Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Not really dude.. Demar is sill a perennial all star with similar numbers to PG13 when he got traded. You can harp on his post season performances but gms in the league still know he has value.

Similar to Chris Bosh who never really lead us anywhere, was a first round exit in the playoffs every year yet he was still seen as a very viable 3rd option with the big 3.

Just because Demar is not a good first option here doesnít mean he canít be a deadly 2nd or 3rd option with another squad. Maybe thatís exactly what he needs
    PG13 is at least 2 to 3 times better a player than Demar and you sir know it. Simply for the fact that he is about 500% the defender Demar is. The difference between Paul George and Demar Derozan is like the difference between a Ferrari and a really nice Volkswagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Similar to Chris Bosh who never really lead us anywhere, was a first round exit in the playoffs every year yet he was still seen as a very viable 3rd option with the big 3.
    And, what a great package we got for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    exactly. the raptors were a team that was a 'whole better than the sum of the parts' type of squad this year. You said they lead us, but their production was very subpar in every playoff run. Derozan is a tough fit because he's a throwback player that settles for mid-rangers and isn't a good 3pt shooter. His game is predicated on being a #1 option, but he just doesn't have the talent level to be one.

I admitted what the "good" was. It's just too bad that all of it is in the regular season when teams don't lock in as much on defense, and there's less talent. Like I said, I can see a low-level team that would be interested in him, but I doubt any elite team looks at Derozan and is impressed. Bad 3pt shooter, and awful defender...GM's want the opposite of that
    my dream scenario - LeBron wants LA but only if George or Kawai will commit to joining him. George stays put, Kawai has a come to Jesus moment with Pops and at the 11th hour Masai swoops in and says to Magic and LeBron "hey guys, all is not lost. how about Derozan. he's a perennial all-star. you can still have your big 3.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-13-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Oladipo simply had a break out year I donít think he was underrated as he never had a season like the one he just had ...

Also DeMar is averaging similar numbers to PG when he got traded. They got a good return for Goerge I wonder if we can get a similar package for Demar/Kyle
    That's the point I'm trying to make. Dipo had a SINGLE breakout year and he has already done more than DD. Don't you think that that is a little disproportionate? Sure, he has the numbers and the accolades but none of it has translated to much success. Doesn't that make you question his value and impact?

[QUOTE=Jamiecballer;32393765]my dream scenario - LeBron wants LA but only if George or Kawai will commit to joining him. George stays put, Kawai has a come to Jesus moment with Pops and at the 11th hour Masai swoops in and says to Magic and LeBron "hey guys, all is not lost. how about Derozan. he's a perennial all-star. you can still have your big 3.

Sent from my SM-A520W using

Good things like those donít happen to raptors. May be change in luck?

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Whatever happened to Freakazoid?

He was very active and then just suddenly stopped posting. Around the same time ink disappeared for a bit. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    thats another great name but without creating a full on toxic environment here - if I have not laid the groundwork already - I don't remember him being that kind of poster

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah he was just a basketball guy. Really knew his stuff, especially regarding xs and os. Actually I remember this place being very toxic a couple years ago. Probably a big reason why so many posters left. It was very negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He actually PMed me telling he was sick of Ink and would stop posting. This was around the time Ink was in a power trip. The guy blatantly baited people and talked down to them.
    Actually I accidentally overwrote my password and I couldn't reset it. I messaged the site admin but they never replied back. Then life got in the way and forgot all about it. Only remembered cause the BC story reminded me of B2B, Glen etc and other Bargnani aficionados.

Ink told me he worked in sports media in BC.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-13-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    And, what a great package we got for him...
    Well we didnít have much choice. The only reason we got anything was because he agreed to a S&T so that Toronto would atleast get something. With Demar thereís control for a few years with his contract

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    That's the point I'm trying to make. Dipo had a SINGLE breakout year and he has already done more than DD. Don't you think that that is a little disproportionate? Sure, he has the numbers and the accolades but none of it has translated to much success. Doesn't that make you question his value and impact?
    Fair enough... but I donít consider going 7 games in the first round as doing ďmoreĒ. They put up a good fight for sure and it was impressive but it doesnít equate to reaching the conference finals.

Actually I accidentally overwrote my password and I couldn't reset it. I messaged the site admin but they never replied back. Then life got in the way and forgot all about it. Only remembered cause the BC story reminded me of B2B, Glen etc and other Bargnani aficionados.

Is that your freak?

Lol yea it is.

PG is a bit overrated but better than Demar.

I remember you were saying some story how he always talks to like assistant coaches and stuff like that and said that is why he never took anyone seriously or something like that.

Fair enough... but I donít consider going 7 games in the first round as doing ďmoreĒ. They put up a good fight for sure and it was impressive but it doesnít equate to reaching the conference finals.
    I meant success against Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I remember you were saying some story how he always talks to like assistant coaches and stuff like that and said that is why he never took anyone seriously or something like that.
    Ink said he chats with 'real' basketball minds IRL all the time and that's why he is beyond us simpletons and doesn't need to justify himself to us. Since he gets the real truth from actual basketball professionals. He got 0 satisfaction talking to us and he was only here to prevent the spread of misinformation. Kinda miss sparring with him.

He kept mentioning he was busy at a presser so I always assumed he worked in media.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-13-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Ink said he chats with 'real' basketball minds IRL all the time and that's why he is beyond us simpletons and doesn't need to justify himself to us. Since he gets the real truth from actual basketball professionals. He got 0 satisfaction talking to us and he was only here to prevent the spread of misinformation. Kinda miss sparring with him.

He kept mentioning he was busy at a presser so I always assumed he worked in media.
    Ew.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast