Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    We need Raptors news so badly lol.
    i dont know what to think of this coach search. part of me is worried that they're taking so long because they dont know what they wanna do, other part of me is optimistic that they're being smart about who to bring in

We should try and swap DeRozan for Beal. Wiz throw in some sweetener.

Both teams are looking at themselves and might want to shuffle the deck a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    i dont know what to think of this coach search. part of me is worried that they're taking so long because they dont know what they wanna do, other part of me is optimistic that they're being smart about who to bring in
    Their primary target chose the Bucks and the well dried up.

I think they're waiting to see if any other viable options become available; like Carlisle in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Their primary target chose the Bucks and the well dried up.

I think they're waiting to see if any other viable options become available; like Carlisle in Dallas.
    dallas woulda fired him already if they didnt want him

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    The last one I know who got banned was Giannis94, and that was because of a heated debate he had with some sixer fans (Warfleg, MTM, etc).
    I don't know if I'd call it a debate. He's been trolling sixers fans for a long time. Giannis vs Embiid was a big thing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32376945
    lol whatd he say?
    Something about disliking Canadians. I honestly forgot. Just remember that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32376947
    I think they are doing their due diligence and looking at every candidate possible. They still have time but I'd imagine they want to make a decision prior to the end of the finals.
    Last edited by aman_13; 06-03-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I'm seriously thinking it might be about the Lithuanian PG turned coach. Just won Euroleague coach of the year. Young and has new fresh ideas. Really groom's meh PG's into all stars. Could lead to a successful Lowry trade if he takes FVV and Wright under his wing. Problem is I believe he can't interview until the season is over in a couple weeks.

I like that it's taking a while because I don't want just some coach who has spun their wheels elsewhere. Like I have no interest in Carlyle. Or lue or any other current coach outside of pop and Stevens. None of the other coaches have proven their system is superior in any way. Just another system that can win with talent or lose without it. Pops and Stevens have proven they can take middle of the pack talent to the playoffs every year. There is something to be said for that.

Kobe for coach.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Something about disliking Canadians. I honestly forgot. Just remember that part
    yeah, he made some throwaway comment that was extremely rude and not the least bit called for
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Ripped from somewhere which will remain unnamed:

Sarunas Jasikevicius. Some of you may know him, some of you not, so here is a little bit about him. One of the best European point guards to ever play a game, won Euroleague titles with almost every team he played and for that he was being called "the golden boy" because wherever he goes - titles follow. Some of you may know him for raping team USA in 2004 Olympics by himself (watch on Youtube, worth seeing). So, he started his career as a coach 3 years ago and is already probably the best coach in the Euroleague. His basketball IQ is one of the highest in the world, he prepares for every game, is a perfect x's and o's coach and outcoached almost every coach he played against. He coaches Zalgiris Kaunas at the moment, team with no stars, one of the smallest budget teams in the Euroleague and he leaded this team to a Euroleague Final 4 for the first time since 1999, before him it was impossible to get to the Final 4 because we just didn't have the money to buy the right players, so he just bought young and hungry players and developed them into stars of Euroleague. He always have a game plan, attacks opponents weaknesses, hide our weaknesses and he have the ultimate alpha dog mentality which he gives to his players. If you don't show up or don't follow the game plan - you rot on the bench. He is basically the Brad Stevens of Europe, he is a winner wherever he goes and is one of the best x's and o's coach in the whole world possibly because let's be honest, only Pop and Stevens are the real coaches in this league, other are just motivators to their players. He will win COTY of Euroleague this season and that's not an easy thing to do, because it's not given just for the regular season success but for the whole season succes (not like in Casey's case) I know it would be almost impossible to bring him to Toronto and as a Zalgiris Kaunas fan i wouldn't like him to leave us, but this is the perfect example of what this team needs. It doesn't neccesarily have to be him, but hiring Stack, Nurse, Rex, Messina ( he was a basketball genius and probably the most respected coach the Euroleague has seen, buthis basketball psilosophy is well aged and he doesn't have new ideas to be the head coach anymore, that was obvious in his last years in Europe). You need someone like Jasikevicius and Masai is very good in finding talent, so i think someone from NCAA would be good, or he should really just give a chance to Blatt (a real chance, not to be Lebrons puppet). What are your toughts about this? (sorry if i made mistakes, english is not my first language so it's a bit hard to write texts that are so long)

Pop invited him to be a part of his staff but he declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    yeah, he made some throwaway comment that was extremely rude and not the least bit called for
    ah. I'm barely ever in the NBA forum anymore. guess it's still as trash as it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I suppose winning that award and doing well in a league against grown men would be pretty intriguing for GMs. He had skills actually. He was just dumb and had no passion, which you kinda ignore sometimes when drafting.
    Wasn't the lack of passion sold as some kind of a plus back then? I remember the story of him scoring "off the charts" on not caring about anything. The exact words were focusing on performance under stress or whatnot, but if effectively meant that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    ah. I'm barely ever in the NBA forum anymore. guess it's still as trash as it used to be
    The 2 main mods are Warriors fans. The Warriors fans have been the most disruptive posters. It's the perfect storm.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Wasn't the lack of passion sold as some kind of a plus back then? I remember the story of him scoring "off the charts" on not caring about anything. The exact words were focusing on performance under stress or whatnot, but if effectively meant that.
    That's a bit of a stretch if it's lack of passion. If it's not caring about what people think then yea, but he was pretty insecure from what I can remember.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast