Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Don't think it was Eagles. He didn't really defend Barfani after the year where Calderon would routinely outrebound him. I think he was a hopeful fan (just like the rest of us). The reason we don't see him now, is likely because of his Eagles finally winning a Superbowl... he's probably STILL celebrating

I'm gonna go way out there and say Geargo (A.K.A GOD) He was revered in the Raptor forum for years until he suddenly picked up a bunch of infractions and then a permaban. Also, we have to consider everybody. Remember BC apparently insulted Embiid and his own 1st overall pick in Fultz; so he could've easily had a burner account that kept insulting Barfnani here.
    Who was Geargo? The name doesn’t ring a bell for me

Btw guys. I’m actually Sam Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    there was a very lengthy period of time, i realize this was a LONGGG time ago, where he defended absolutely everything the organization did (think Triano days). then i remember there was like one day mid 2010 season where he become so vocally anti chris bosh overnight it was like a switch had flipped. and he always possessed some sort of holier than thou my worldly experience qualifies me to belittle your fan opinion type attitude.

or maybe its just my ego since he literally argued against everything i ever said. could go either way here.

but my real guess is EAGLES! dude has trolled Masai relentlessly (basically through the golden age of Toronto basketball LOL) on these boards but not so much the past 2 seasons (hmmmm 2 seasons)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    I had the exact same opinion of him lol.

It was strange, he went from defending everything the organization did, to ripping it out of the blue. It was like he got fired or something.

I remember he made a thread about Andrea being a bust and proclaiming to everyone why he knew best and him telling you and I that he was right and that we were wrong because we called it to soon. At that point in time I was done with him so I stayed out of it, but you two went back and forth forever in that thread.

He had a strange midlife crisis or something. Didn't make any sense.
    hm...u guys are right, now that i think about it. Colangelo or Triano burner?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Btw guys. I’m actually Sam Mitchell.
    I knew it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Who was Geargo? The name doesn’t ring a bell for me
    Geargo Wallace? Him and Saddler (and a someone I can't remember), dominated the OT thread in its hayday here; well until everyone in there either had to deal with infractions/bans because the thread "went against the grain" to put it politely

I miss those days.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

there was a very lengthy period of time, i realize this was a LONGGG time ago, where he defended absolutely everything the organization did (think Triano days). then i remember there was like one day mid 2010 season where he become so vocally anti chris bosh overnight it was like a switch had flipped. and he always possessed some sort of holier than thou my worldly experience qualifies me to belittle your fan opinion type attitude.

or maybe its just my ego since he literally argued against everything i ever said. could go either way here.

but my real guess is EAGLES! dude has trolled Masai relentlessly (basically through the golden age of Toronto basketball LOL) on these boards but not so much the past 2 seasons (hmmmm 2 seasons)
    Ummm what? I'm sorry some of us are grown up now and actually have better things to do to occupy their times.
    I was a huge lover of Masai actually at the start but when he failed to add to the team a couple years ago is when I turned on him. He still hasn't proven jack crap. His draft picks have been solid but his extensions have all been duds.
    He also set Casey up for fail. Casey succeeded the most when Tyson Chandler and Biyombo as his main centers and he only had biyombo for one full season. Masai as usual failed to recognize this and put him in a system to succeed.
    People can call our 2 main players weak minded and soft but when push comes to shove our interior defense, rebounding and pick and roll d involving the 4 and 5 have been lackluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Geargo Wallace? Him and Saddler (and a someone I can't remember), dominated the OT thread in its hayday here; well until everyone in there either had to deal with infractions/bans because the thread "went against the grain" to put it politely

I miss those days.
    The Indian guy, GW, the guy with the donkey avatar, and one more guy cant remember the name. But I remember we used to talk deep into the nights like 2 3 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    I had the exact same opinion of him lol.

It was strange, he went from defending everything the organization did, to ripping it out of the blue. It was like he got fired or something.

I remember he made a thread about Andrea being a bust and proclaiming to everyone why he knew best and him telling you and I that he was right and that we were wrong because we called it to soon. At that point in time I was done with him so I stayed out of it, but you two went back and forth forever in that thread.

He had a strange midlife crisis or something. Didn't make any sense.
    ok, well I'm doubling down. it's ink.

- his incredibly pro organization stance that turned to total pessimism as soon as Masai took over. he was also a total narcissist. much like the Italian stallion.

- major ego stroker

- he also spoke extensively of basketball Canada and familiarity with Jay Triano.you would certainly expect that from the GM of Canada's team.

- my final point won't sound like much as far as evidence but in my gut it resonates as strongly as anything.

there was a day when completely out of nowhere he launched the most aggressive Chris Bosh must go campaign and it was right smack dab in the middle of Bosh's last season under contract - he banged that drum incessantly from that day forward.

now I accused ink on numerous occasions of acting like someone who was paid to push the organization's agenda or point of view but I never gave any consideration that he might be an actual executive within the team but if we think about this...

having a player of Bosh's caliber walk is a PR nightmare. are we really willing to believe that Colangelo did not know Bosh was non-committal about staying - or perhaps even likely to leave - until after the season? I don't believe that's the case. I have no doubt that conversations were had to gauge his intentions or feel him out. Chris Bosh is truly one of the nice guys in the game. I don't in my heart feel like he would completely blindside BC. never have. at some point Colangelo was pretty much aware Chris had his heart elsewhere.

that weird switch ink flipped where he roasted Bosh daily was consistent with someone prepping fans for a Bosh-less future, one where we were all better off for it. mixed with anger. IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-02-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

is this PSD conspiracy theory hour?

The Indian guy, GW, the guy with the donkey avatar, and one more guy cant remember the name. But I remember we used to talk deep into the nights like 2 3 am.
    It was awesome, especially because we'd sometimes draw other team fans to the thread because of the excitement (E.g. Hawkeye)

I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS:32376045
    Woah.

Hopefully this brings out all the vets haha
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Ink I know you're still around. Explain yourself!!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

ok, well I'm doubling down. it's ink.

- his incredibly pro organization stance that turned to total pessimism as soon as Masai took over. he was also a total narcissist. much like the Italian stallion.

- major ego stroker

- he also spoke extensively of basketball Canada and familiarity with Jay Triano.you would certainly expect that from the GM of Canada's team.

- my final point won't sound like much as far as evidence but in my gut it resonates as strongly as anything.

there was a day when completely out of nowhere he launched the most aggressive Chris Bosh must go campaign and it was right smack dab in the middle of Bosh's last season under contract - he banged that drum incessantly from that day forward.

now I accused ink on numerous occasions of acting like someone who was paid to push the organization's agenda or point of view but I never gave any consideration that he might be an actual executive within the team but if we think about this...

having a player of Bosh's caliber walk is a PR nightmare. are we really willing to believe that Colangelo did not know Bosh was non-committal about staying - or perhaps even likely to leave - until after the season? I don't believe that's the case. I have no doubt that conversations were had to gauge his intentions or feel him out. Chris Bosh is truly one of the nice guys in the game. I don't in my heart feel like he would completely blindside BC. never have.

that weird switch ink flipped where he roasted Bosh daily was consistent with someone prepping fans for a Bosh-less future, one where we were all better off for it. mixed with anger. IMO.

Thank you

But Tittays are forever.

Whatever happened to Freakazoid?

He was very active and then just suddenly stopped posting. Around the same time ink disappeared for a bit. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    hmm. perhaps I shall change my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast