Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I disagree bro. Maybe fans canít defrientiate between the team and itís players but GMs certainly can. I think people are smart enough to understand the impact of LeBron James. Being eliminated by him every year says more about his greatness then what Derozan may lack as a player.

Also I think you guys are over rating Ingram. Thereís like 10 young players I prefer to have over him. You guys make it seem like heís untouchable and I really donít think magic views him that way.
    but LeBron is not solely responsible for the enormous gap between regular season Demar and playoff Demar. you can blame whatever factor you want, but the data accumulated over 5, 6, 7, however many seasons depicts Demar as a marginally above average player. you can only work yourself so far - you need skills in the playoffs not footwork.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-12-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I disagree bro. Maybe fans canít defrientiate between the team and itís players but GMs certainly can. I think people are smart enough to understand the impact of LeBron James. Being eliminated by him every year says more about his greatness then what Derozan may lack as a player.

Also I think you guys are over rating Ingram. Thereís like 10 young players I prefer to have over him. You guys make it seem like heís untouchable and I really donít think magic views him that way.
    like 10 young players? you are making our point

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That is stupid. Ingram is not that good and will never come close to DeRozan. V
    Lol he's 21 and a #2 pick. Tough to assume that this early, and I'm not even a big Ingram guy

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 06-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.

I'd guess that gms are even lower on him than fans are. The regular season stuff is nice but his playoff production lowers his value imo. He's just easy to guard in the playoffs. I don't know how some of u guys aren't realizing this after 5 years lol. I love derozan but its just facts.

I'm not even a big Ingram fan, but I think the Lakers expect him to be better than demar.

Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 06-12-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Also thereís absolutely nothing embarrassing about losing to Lebron. Thereís a reason why he is being put in the GOAT argument.

No team has beat him on route to the ECFís in what 7-8years? ... by that logic an entire eastern conference should be embarrassed for the decade

i have a hunch that other GMs donít view or scout players based on their ability to surpass Lebron in the playoffs. If anything Derozan has a reputation for being a hard worker and dedicated to his kraft.
    Getting swept by this horrendous cavs team with HCA should be embarrassing. Derozan shoulda been way more productive against that awful defense.

The cavs had nobody that should be able to guard derozan. Lebron didnt guard him much at all the last 3 series'.

A one time AS did more in one series against Lebron than DD and Lowry have in their entire careers. Either Oladipo has been severely underrated or DD/KL are grossly overrated. Maybe both. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    A one time AS did more in one series against Lebron than DD and Lowry have in their entire careers. Either Oladipo has been severely underrated or DD/KL are grossly overrated. Maybe both. Hmm.
    Oladipo simply had a break out year I donít think he was underrated as he never had a season like the one he just had ...

Also DeMar is averaging similar numbers to PG when he got traded. They got a good return for Goerge I wonder if we can get a similar package for Demar/Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I'd guess that gms are even lower on him than fans are. The regular season stuff is nice but his playoff production lowers his value imo. He's just easy to guard in the playoffs. I don't know how some of u guys aren't realizing this after 5 years lol. I love derozan but its just facts.

I'm not even a big Ingram fan, but I think the Lakers expect him to be better than demar.

Again thatís on our team. Whoís to say he wonít be a better fit as a 2nd option to a true superstar ?

Youíre also only listing the bad.. what about the good ? Demar and Kyle did lead the team to the ecfís. Vince carter couldnít do that in his prime. Demar and Kyle have had some success here in the post season. If I was a gm I would be looking at how players would fit along my star players and in my system. You make it seem like you have to be a champ to be coveted. Alot of teams donít even sniff the conference finals and the fact that we got there with no real super star on the team is an accomplishment on its own. You look at any conference finalist and you will see atleast 1 true super star on their team. The raptors have none and still got there. But we have players that can be good complimentary pieces around true corner stone type players and other gms are always looking to add star power to their teams.

Demar could work as a option b to a true superstar..

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    like 10 young players? you are making our point

Not really dude.. Demar is sill a perennial all star with similar numbers to PG13 when he got traded. You can harp on his post season performances but gms in the league still know he has value.

Similar to Chris Bosh who never really lead us anywhere, was a first round exit in the playoffs every year yet he was still seen as a very viable 3rd option with the big 3.

Just because Demar is not a good first option here doesnít mean he canít be a deadly 2nd or 3rd option with another squad. Maybe thatís exactly what he needs

Again thatís on our team. Whoís to say he wonít be a better fit as a 2nd option to a true superstar ?

Youíre also only listing the bad.. what about the good ? Demar and Kyle did lead the team to the ecfís. Vince carter couldnít do that in his prime. Demar and Kyle have had some success here in the post season. If I was a gm I would be looking at how players would fit along my star players and in my system. You make it seem like you have to be a champ to be coveted. Alot of teams donít even sniff the conference finals and the fact that we got there with no real super star on the team is an accomplishment on its own. You look at any conference finalist and you will see atleast 1 true super star on their team. The raptors have none and still got there. But we have players that can be good complimentary pieces around true corner stone type players and other gms are always looking to add star power to their teams.

Demar could work as a option b to a true superstar..
    exactly. the raptors were a team that was a 'whole better than the sum of the parts' type of squad this year. You said they lead us, but their production was very subpar in every playoff run. Derozan is a tough fit because he's a throwback player that settles for mid-rangers and isn't a good 3pt shooter. His game is predicated on being a #1 option, but he just doesn't have the talent level to be one.

I admitted what the "good" was. It's just too bad that all of it is in the regular season when teams don't lock in as much on defense, and there's less talent. Like I said, I can see a low-level team that would be interested in him, but I doubt any elite team looks at Derozan and is impressed. Bad 3pt shooter, and awful defender...GM's want the opposite of that

Not really dude.. Demar is sill a perennial all star with similar numbers to PG13 when he got traded. You can harp on his post season performances but gms in the league still know he has value.

Similar to Chris Bosh who never really lead us anywhere, was a first round exit in the playoffs every year yet he was still seen as a very viable 3rd option with the big 3.

Just because Demar is not a good first option here doesnít mean he canít be a deadly 2nd or 3rd option with another squad. Maybe thatís exactly what he needs
    PG13 is a much better shooter and defender so he is able to fit in many different systems. Teams can sag off Derozan if he's a 3rd option and just let him brick 3s

PG13 is a much better shooter and defender so he is able to fit in many different systems. Teams can sag off Derozan if he's a 3rd option and just let him brick 3s
    That would be a losing gameplan. The only way to shut down derozan is to focus all your attention on him and double him everytime he touches the ball.

Frankly if we just had more 3 point shooters then. It would eliminate that issue.

That would be a losing gameplan. The only way to shut down derozan is to focus all your attention on him and double him everytime he touches the ball.

Frankly if we just had more 3 point shooters then. It would eliminate that issue.
    I dont remember the cavs doubling much at all, but I dont have the #s

You donít have to focus all your attention on him. You make him sound like LBJ. Just crowd him and make him uncomfortable and he will make a mistake. Easy for opposing coaches to attack him in the playoffs. Also his defence in the playoffs was non existent. I know you are a big fan of him. But he is not a guy you have to have special plans for. Hence a great 3rd option on a true contender where he will get less attention from the defense. Unless you bring another star player on this team, DD and Lowry wonít take this team far in the playoffs.

the path forward for the Raptors should be pretty straightforward, particularly with Casey gone and a new HC who is likely to try and make the 3 point shot the ideal outcome of most trips down the floor - find a taker for Demar.

the good news is that because there are a number of big ticket players out there who are rumoured to be on the move or available - George, James, Leonard - if the Raptors are savvy they will be ringing up whomever loses out with this consolation prize. also known as the Carmelo Anthony OKC exploit.

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast