Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I def agree that FVV became a very important part of the rotation. I understand that. But so did Powell. We never got to really see FVV in the post season either. Not fully healthy anyways. But yeah I would keep FVV but to me Delon becomes a trade chip imo. Having them both is is a luxury we donít really need and I think if you package Delon with Ibaka it could net us a serviceable piece in the front court. No ones happy with Ibaka at the 4 and I think we could use some help there.
    I think Norm was always an awkward fit but I'm hopeful Nurse can rework him back into the rotation. I do agree that Wright is probably going to be the odd man out.

Wright's shooting is pretty decent now. And FVV showed it through the whole season as well as flashes of it the season before and in the G league. Drives with sweet layups in traffic, smooth as silk from 3, good handles and good D, clutch and loves the city. Powell just had a few heroic games in the playoffs based on maximum effort. He also became redundant when OG proved to be the better fit in the starting lineup.

I def agree that FVV became a very important part of the rotation. I understand that. But so did Powell. We never got to really see FVV in the post season either. Not fully healthy anyways. But yeah I would keep FVV but to me Delon becomes a trade chip imo. Having them both is is a luxury we donít really need and I think if you package Delon with Ibaka it could net us a serviceable piece in the front court. No ones happy with Ibaka at the 4 and I think we could use some help there.
    Lowry is older, over 30, being paid 30 million per year and expiring in 2 years. He is the "luxury" at the moment at the position. He won't be that way for long, so makes sense to hold onto the younger combo IMO.

We definitely should have signed FVV.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he shot like under 40% from the field or something. He was pretty subpar for the first nearly the first 50% of the games last year and needed to shoot over 50% from 3 for a month to bump up his average.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    My point was that some players look better than they are because they fit so well. Would Green be an All-Star anywhere else? I don't know. Is DC still an All-Star? Remains to be seen.
    I dunno if Green would be an all star. But I think he would be the perfect 4 on the Raps ..

PF don't have to put up crazy stats to be an all-star. But yes I think he would be an all-star on another team. He's the modern Ron artest.

Rawle Alkins has a chance to the be the next undrafted gem for us.

Really liking his game.

Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Rawle Alkins has a chance to the be the next undrafted gem for us.

Really liking his game.
    alot of ppl were surprised he never got drafted. hopefully we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    alot of ppl were surprised he never got drafted. hopefully we keep him.
    I like his tools. Very athletic with a huge wingspan. High energy defender. Seems like he is a good character kid too. He could be an interesting 3 and D player if he keeps working at it.

If he can hit the 3 consistently then he will carve out a niche for himself in the league.

Most people thought he would be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. Last year before he went back to school and this year before the draft. He broke his foot in September so he wasn't 100% at least most of the season. Watching him he kind of reminds me of Lance Stephenson (who was drafted with the 10th pick of the 2nd round) with a better looking jumper. He plays with the same kind of mean streak. He's from Brooklyn (the same place as Alkins), and has the same type of body (He is 6'4", 220 lb and Lance is 6'5" and 230 lb) with enough athleticism to play above the rim. Lance put up 12/5/2.5 in his 1 year of college in Cinci. Alkins put up 13/5/2.5 this year in Arizona. (and 11/5/2 as a rookie last year).

He may have fallen thanks to that broken foot. I think he is definitely someone I want to see stashed on the 905 on a 2-way if they can.

Updated odds on which team Kawhi Leonard will be on next season (@betmybookie):

Spurs +200
    Raptors +200
    Lakers +500
    Clippers +600
    76ers +800
    Celtics +800
    Bucks +1000
    !!!!!!!!!

So the bucks have the highest chance of landing Kawai ? Giannis and Leonard would be lethal in the east.

I guess they would offer Parker and Brogdon?

So the bucks have the highest chance of landing Kawai ? Giannis and Leonard would be lethal in the east.

I guess they would offer Parker and Brogdon?
    You are reading the odds backwards.

I don't think Spurs would take that trade with the bucks. Needs more value attached (picks).

Also am I reading this right because it looks like raptors and Spurs have the best odds there (as in most likely to play here next season and the smallest pay out should you win the bet).