Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How would you handle the Blake Griffin situation?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade him

1 20.00%
  • Build around Blake, trade Drummond

1 20.00%
  • Continue to build around Blake & Drummond

1 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%
  • We're ****ed in Detroit

2 40.00%

You're the new GM of the Pistons, how will you handle the Blake Griffin situation?

How do you handle the Blake situation?

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

can you imagine buying him out a la josh smith? lol $5M a year against the cap for 100 years

I'm not sure we need to blow it up YET, if we're gonna entice a decent coach he won't want to join a scrapped team. If Stackhouse wants a shot then we could probably try it, although it might be career suicide for him unless he turns out to be the next wunderkind. Man it's a bummer to be capped out with no pick and no direction, I feel like we don't have much choice here but to cross fingers that a full offseason together and a year of good health (lol) makes some magic elixir and we shock the world next year!

bring in John Quester

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    bring in John Quester
    omg I totally forgot that guy

omg I totally forgot that guy
    yeah it's pretty bizarre. lost files of Pistons basketball..

Honestly this team is pretty ****ed imo. Ride it out with Drummond, Griffin, and R-Jax to see what you have, especially early on. At the same time keep the shop for every single player on the team and prepare for the eventual burn down process (the quicker an offer comes the better, assuming its a worthy one).

You ride out with Griffin, Dre and Reggie.

Health is an issue for every team. We hurt because we did not have a quality starting (short term) back up point guard.

The new GM is going to have to operate much like the previous one - in that the trades have to come out of nowhere. It's unfair to hamstring a new coach with constant rumors of player X is on the market. In reality, everyone on every team - save for the generational talent - is always on the market. To have a new coach try to coach cohesiveness with players constantly in the rumor mill isn't going to do us any good.

Stanley comes into the season kicking it, or he's on the list to be packaged with someone like Leuer or Galloway - if for no other reason to give us breathing room cap wise. Sure, Dre' is our biggest trade chip, but unless you're trading him for someone with 12/10 average, a 3 pt shot and less expensive contract, what's the point of trading him just to open up another need? Again, excluding someone like Kyrie or a Klay Thompson which would be an addition by subtraction. And I think Dre can be a 20/15 guy with 4 assists and 2 blocks if he and Reggie can consistently get several successful PnR per game. We complained about his FT shooting, and it's improved. We complained about his rebounding and it improved. We complained about his D, and it improved (still needs some work). Now we're complaining about his 3 pt shooting/on the block O.

At the end of the day, this team will be successful with Griffin hitting decent 3% (this year he was ~ 35%), Luke taking a more aggressive role on O and Stanley improving his jumper and going to have to get great improvement on our small ball lineup of Blake, Leuer, toliver, Luke and Ish. That's an up and down team, change of pace. Obviously, this all hinges on health.

If the goal is to flip Stanley, lock up Bullock now and talk Tolliver into resigning. But at this point, we are who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    How do you handle the Blake situation?
    There isn't much to handle. Gotta let the contract play itself out. We won't be able to trade him unless we giveaway future assets. TBH I think it's relatively simple for a new GM...he will be handcuffed.

Trading away Drummond would be an interesting avenue to go down...not sure what we can get in return, but building around Blake would be my main priority as the new GM. Like many have already said, "blowing it up" would be ideal, but is highly unlikely with the number of bad contracts on this team.

So who would want Drummond?
    1) A team needing to rid themselves of a bad contract
    2) An established team with a need for a rebounding big
    3) A team in need of a "big name" similar to us getting Blake

Teams that fit that criteria would be the Trailblazers, Magic, Cavs (if LeBron leaves), Milwaukee, Lakers (if they strike out in FA), and Wizards.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Trading away Drummond would be an interesting avenue to go down...not sure what we can get in return, but building around Blake would be my main priority as the new GM. Like many have already said, "blowing it up" would be ideal, but is highly unlikely with the number of bad contracts on this team.

Teams that fit that criteria would be the Trailblazers, Magic, Cavs (if LeBron leaves), Milwaukee, Lakers (if they strike out in FA), and Wizards.
    I wonít think we can get much for Dre, and Iím not willing to give him up for a package similar to the Cousins one
    Using Tapatalk

Orl - Bismark has 2 years at 17m & Vucevic 1 at 12M. They aren't interested and neither should we.

Cavs - who do they have that we would want? Love? Duplicate PF.

Milw - Henson at 2 years 11.5M, not too mention they're looking to speed things up with Freak, bledsoe & Middleton.

Lakers - They don't have anyone to offset Dre's contract. They've got enough cap space to sign 2 FA max.

Portland - McCullum or Lillard works. But they aren't available.Evan Turner at 2 years 17M? No thanks.

Dre', Blake & RJ are a decent core. You'll be selling short if you trade one of them. It's the draft mistakes that have hurt. Let's see how Leuer returns and what the new HC does.

Little WWE mix is what i want.

Little Caesars arena....Seth Rollins music hits (youtube Seth Rollins entrance if you dont know)..BURN IT DOWN hits (crowd goes crazy)....but who comes out....Its SAM HINKIE!!

Blake/SJ/Ish to Wizards for Porter/filler.

Drummond to Phoenix for Chandler/Dudley/Ulis/#16/#31

Reggie Jackson to Denver for Faried & #43.

Washington needs to shake it up. Porter isnt worth the $$ but he can still grow into his contract. Wizards get an effective front court player/ backup pg in Ish & defender in SJ.

Phoenix gets their big (assuming they dont get Ayton)

Denver needs a PG to help win a couple more games...if healthy he can do that.

We get all sorts of cap relief we desperately need then allow us to absorb bad deals and picks.