Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Brilliant prediction when Murphy had microfracture surgery which is a major procedure that is potentially career altering.

Really went out on a whim Dug.
    Yes of course - that was part of my “calculation”. Other factors already were mentioned.

Nonetheless, I caught a fish asleep at the wheel! Mission accomplished. I don't need you to tell me it was brilliant, I think Brooklyn should tell me it was brilliant since it so confounded him that he called me an idiot - many times. Lulz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    There have been many rookie managers who NEVER did this.

At some point we have to stop calling him a "rookie" manager and start calling him an "incompetent" manager. Competent managers don't hand in the wrong lineup cards.
    When will the “Fire MC. Bring back TC” posts begin? August 1?

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

At this point, I'm thinking May 15.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Lol.

Obviously, most of the culpability falls on Sandy. But Mickey doesnt get a pass of any sort because he's a rookie, as if we should have expected some sort of learning curve. This is a game we've all played since we were kids. Mickey's been in the game his whole life, as a player and a coach. He had plenty of time to learn the ropes. If he wasn't ready, he never should have applied for the job.

But he applied for it and was hired. In a month a half we've seen him play outfieders in in deep slumps while hot bats cooled on the bench. We've seen his key pinch hitters get walked intentionally because first base was open. Last night we saw an overmatched lefty pinch hitter strikeout agtainst a lefty pitcher even though a righthanded bat was available.

And today a run was taken off the board because he batted his lineup out of order.

Sandy has to go, absolutely. But so does Mickey.

Can't remember the name of that annoying poster who no longer contributes here but now I'm gonna agree with him: This team needs Wally!
    Obviously Callaway screwed up today - badly. But at the end of the day it was a boneheaded error - not a sign of systemic failure of managerial ability.

I don’t care for his refusal to change up some of the OF and A- Gon use, but it’s exactly what I expect a scared rookie manager to do. They cling to their veterans like safety blankets. I’ve seen this time and time again over many years.

Now Alderson’s failures are absolutely signs of systemic failure. He has had 8 years as GM to draft, sign, acquire and develop talent. Irrespective of the Wilpons’ awfulness as owners, what a GM does within the minors in a low cost environment fully reflects his abilities.

Our organization is seriously lacking high end talent. He has developed very little. We have no reinforcements that can come in and help fill major gaps on the major league roster (a roster he creates).

He has done little to nothing to improve this organization. He needs to go.

Don't worry. He's got this.

The Mets are 1-8 in their last 9 games and that 1 Win came against Homer Bailey. Let that sink in. We are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    The Mets are 1-8 in their last 9 games and that 1 Win came against Homer Bailey. Let that sink in. We are terrible.
    And we almost blew the game winning barely 7-6.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Obviously Callaway screwed up today - badly. But at the end of the day it was a boneheaded error - not a sign of systemic failure of managerial ability.

I don’t care for his refusal to change up some of the OF and A- Gon use, but it’s exactly what I expect a scared rookie manager to do. They cling to their veterans like safety blankets. I’ve seen this time and time again over many years.

Now Alderson’s failures are absolutely signs of systemic failure. He has had 8 years as GM to draft, sign, acquire and develop talent. Irrespective of the Wilpons’ awfulness as owners, what a GM does within the minors in a low cost environment fully reflects his abilities.

Our organization is seriously lacking high end talent. He has developed very little. We have no reinforcements that can come in and help fill major gaps on the major league roster (a roster he creates).

He has done little to nothing to improve this organization. He needs to go.

Yes, as I said, "Obviously most of the culpability falls on Sandy." But i see a manager who is not using his players, however flawed they are. to the team's best possible advantage. You're looking at the macro and I'm looking at the micro.

Both are in play.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Um... I've already made a few. I never believed that TC was the problem with this team and still don't. I'm not saying he's the answer, either. But a friggin lineup card are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Um... I've already made a few. I never believed that TC was the problem with this team and still don't. I'm not saying he's the answer, either. But a friggin lineup card are you kidding me?
    I actually thought Terry did a decent job when he was here. Unlike his predecessors and his successor, he never tried to sugar coat anything. He was a no-nonsense old school manager adjusting well in a new school environment, in my opinion anyway. Lol, or maybe I was just partial to him because, like me, he's considered old in his field.

Headscratchers? Absolutely. Questionable moves? Sure. But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Mickey.

Why is it that year after year after year, we have a team that can't hit the damn baseball consistently? Is it on Sandy? Is it on the scouting department? The Wilpons? How can it possibly be THIS difficult to identify and acquire respectable major league hitters? Every other team seems to be able to do it. Where is our Votto? Our Judge? Altuve? Seager? Harper? Posey? Rizzo? Etc...

In the past 10 years we've had three players who could be counted on to hit the ball day in, and day out. One has a broken neck. One is a professional athlete who gets hurt every time he RUNS!! The third plays for the Nationals, because the people running the team didn't want him anymore. Meanwhile the Yankees manage to find 4 or 5 guys EVERY year who hit the cover off the baseball. Our team gets three hits in the same inning about twice a month, and it doesn't matter who they throw at us. We make everyone look like Nolan Ryan. Truly incredible.

What a complete **** show of an offense, and an organization.

Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Okay! I’ll stop asking!

TC is a phone call away. He probably has a uniform in his closet. Bring back the second best manager in Mets history.

I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Why is it that year after year after year, we have a team that can't hit the damn baseball consistently? Is it on Sandy? Is it on the scouting department? The Wilpons? How can it possibly be THIS difficult to identify and acquire respectable major league hitters? Every other team seems to be able to do it. Where is our Votto? Our Judge? Altuve? Seager? Harper? Posey? Rizzo? Etc...

In the past 10 years we've had three players who could be counted on to hit the ball day in, and day out. One has a broken neck. One is a professional athlete who gets hurt every time he RUNS!! The third plays for the Nationals, because the people running the team didn't want him anymore. Meanwhile the Yankees manage to find 4 or 5 guys EVERY year who hit the cover off the baseball. Our team gets three hits in the same inning about twice a month, and it doesn't matter who they throw at us. We make everyone look like Nolan Ryan. Truly incredible.

What a complete **** show of an offense, and an organization.
    Ultimately it's on Sandy. Managers and coaches can't hit for their players. Only the players can do that. And if they can't that means they're not good. And since we know that players don't come here on their own accord, that is, someone has to hire them, we have to blame the dude that hires them.

And yeah, that dude would be Sandy.

Wilpons! Please! Sell the team!

I actually thought Terry did a decent job when he was here. Unlike his predecessors and his successor, he never tried to sugar coat anything. He was a no-nonsense old school manager adjusting well in a new school environment, in my opinion anyway. Lol, or maybe I was just partial to him because, like me, he's considered old in his field.

Headscratchers? Absolutely. Questionable moves? Sure. But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Mickey.
    Seems early to completely write off Callaway. Not a fan yet either, but I don't yet know if he is a bust. TC was certainly not as bad as some tried to make him out to be, but it definitely seemed like it was time to move on. Whether Callaway was the right choice remains to be seen.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast