Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    That's fine. I personally prefer Arenando, probably because I see more of him than I do Bryant given i'm a Giants fan. But Arenado's defense and bat are hard to ignore. I do agree Bryant is probably a better all around hitter but I think, personally, and don't have #'s to back me up but Arenando is the better all around player. Either way, can't go wrong with either player.
    fWAR suggests it's really not that close when it comes to them being a better player as Bryant very well may be one of the 3 best base runners (not base stealers, but simple runners) in baseball. He gets a lot of value there.

You can't go wrong with either, but I can say very objectively that to this point, Bryant's got the better numbers, and hasn't had the Coors effect to help out offensive numbers. I like Arenado a lot and without a Bryant type, he'd be the premier at the position. But Bryant is a pretty special player.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    fWAR suggests it's really not that close when it comes to them being a better player as Bryant very well may be one of the 3 best base runners (not base stealers, but simple runners) in baseball. He gets a lot of value there.

You can't go wrong with either, but I can say very objectively that to this point, Bryant's got the better numbers, and hasn't had the Coors effect to help out offensive numbers. I like Arenado a lot and without a Bryant type, he'd be the premier at the position. But Bryant is a pretty special player.
    I have to suggest that you shouldn't fully ignore bwar the way that you do.

They're really close. Bryant has not been the same defensively since 2016 and frankly has looked like crap this season (and Nolan has looked shaky as well). Arenado has raised his walk rate significantly this year and could be closing some of that offensive gap.

I don't think it's fair to say that they're really not that close and use only one system to measure.

Looks like at this point in the season Mike Trout has about the same amount of WAR cushion over Betts as Betts has over the rest of the AL. It is literally those 2 in a different strata relative to the rest of the league.

Sure, if we're only looking at the last couple months. Trout is still in a stratosphere by himself until Betts (and/or others) can do this consistently.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure, if we're only looking at the last couple months. Trout is still in a stratosphere by himself until Betts (and/or others) can do this consistently.
    ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I have to suggest that you shouldn't fully ignore bwar the way that you do.

They're really close. Bryant has not been the same defensively since 2016 and frankly has looked like crap this season (and Nolan has looked shaky as well). Arenado has raised his walk rate significantly this year and could be closing some of that offensive gap.

I don't think it's fair to say that they're really not that close and use only one system to measure.
    ^^^^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123