Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    At least this will significantly increase Wagner odds of being a Piston!
    tbh I don't think he'll be a good pro, a lot of the sneaky stuff he does won't work at the next level. Could be wrong but I can't see him being guarded by NBA defenders and pulling off that slow motion behind the back dribble from the elbow play that he loves (and nearly killed Nick Ward)

Just posting here to say not Jason Kidd. I hope it's just a courtesy interview. Just give the job to the dancing usher at this point so I can move on and support a real franchise.

Gores is definitely flexing his LA connects with these recent HC interviewees...

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post
    Just posting here to say not Jason Kidd. I hope it's just a courtesy interview. Just give the job to the dancing usher at this point so I can move on and support a real franchise.
    I feel like these guys are just throwing everything against the wall to see if anything sticks. Don't know why we are even bothering with kidd...

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I feel like these guys are just throwing everything against the wall to see if anything sticks. Don't know why we are even bothering with kidd...
    Agreed. This is turning into something like "Guys Tom Gores would like to meet" derby.

Belein I don't think would leave Michigan, but who knows. Kidd? Supposedly he grated on players -and that's not who I think we need.

I think this is just a go thru to give the job to Casey and make it appear we interviewed a bunch of people "Look at all the people we interviewed" and Dwayne Casey was the best out of "Look at all the people we interviewed."

Well, reportedly the finalists for the HC positions are Casey, Beilein and Udoka. I believe Casey will be the next coach, given that he was the favorite early on the HC search
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gronis10 View Post
    Well, reportedly the finalists for the HC positions are Casey, Beilein and Udoka. I believe Casey will be the next coach, given that he was the favorite early on the HC search
    I'd rather have Udoka or Beilein...Don't want a coach that isn't going to make game adjustments...

although I guess it won't be bad for Casey because he's a great developer...and we aren't winning anything serious for a few years.

I'd rather have Udoka or Beilein...Don't want a coach that isn't going to make game adjustments...

although I guess it won't be bad for Casey because he's a great developer...and we aren't winning anything serious for a few years.
    I think Casey is the coach we need right now. We can win more wins with him and maybe get to the second round in the playoffs. This team isnít good for anything else than that. If we are going to blow it up, Iím all for Udoka or Beilein, but I donít think thatís the case.
    Using Tapatalk

I think Casey is the coach we need right now. We can win more wins with him and maybe get to the second round in the playoffs. This team isnít good for anything else than that. If we are going to blow it up, Iím all for Udoka or Beilein, but I donít think thatís the case.
    Yeah makes sense. He'd develop the team great, I think. It will just be hard to fire him once we do in fact improve

Someone mentioned Casey being the NBA equivalent to Jim Caldwell when the Lions hired him...a stopgap HC. Which imo is what Gores wants. The Pistons are too cap committed to blow it all up in one off-season so why not get the most out of this roster? Casey makes alot of sense, I get why people are lukewarm on him, but there's no doubt in my mind this would be a much improved team with Casey coaching. A bit of it will be the fact everyone is healthy and the other half would be he's simply a better coach (currently) than SVG.

With all that being said I would much rather have Ime Udoka

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Beilein doesn't make sense to me the more I think about it, the roster doesn't really fit his style imo and if we blow it up, he's already 65 so I don't think he'd even want to be part of a rebuild

Beilein doesn't make sense to me the more I think about it, the roster doesn't really fit his style imo and if we blow it up, he's already 65 so I don't think he'd even want to be part of a rebuild
    Pistons aren't rebuidling. Not with the salaries they have - which they can't flip for draft picks / rookies on rookie contracts.

This is the team going forward - albeit, perhaps a small pick up here or there. We traded Harris, Bradley (who we would not resigne) and our first rounder for Blake - with Gores/management knowing his injury history - and still made the deal.

Merely showing - Gores has no taste for rebuilding. Assume Bradley could conservatively get 12-15M this summer, Harris at 15M this coming season and then he's a UFA, which he'll probably get at least 20M from someone. Blake is a better player and a better fit overall (most importantly his ability to get a shot in half court - i.e., playoff basketball) than the other two when you factor in money and uncertainty of Harris resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Pistons aren't rebuidling. Not with the salaries they have - which they can't flip for draft picks / rookies on rookie contracts.

This is the team going forward - albeit, perhaps a small pick up here or there. We traded Harris, Bradley (who we would not resigne) and our first rounder for Blake - with Gores/management knowing his injury history - and still made the deal.

Merely showing - Gores has no taste for rebuilding. Assume Bradley could conservatively get 12-15M this summer, Harris at 15M this coming season and then he's a UFA, which he'll probably get at least 20M from someone. Blake is a better player and a better fit overall (most importantly his ability to get a shot in half court - i.e., playoff basketball) than the other two when you factor in money and uncertainty of Harris resigning.
    We're rebuilding whether management, gores, and future coaching staff like it our not. This team has zero shot to win a championship as currently constructed. And I'd say they have about a 10% chance of getting out of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post

What I mean is I don't think Beilein is a great fit for what we have, whether we stick with this roster for the future or rebuild, neither seems like a move that works for Beilein unless for some reason he thinks he can make it work with this personnel and I doubt that

We're rebuilding whether management, gores, and future coaching staff like it our not. This team has zero shot to win a championship as currently constructed. And I'd say they have about a 10% chance of getting out of the first round.

"has zero shot to win a championship as currently constructed"

Using that definition, at ~11:59 p.m. tomorrow, 29 other teams are "rebuilding."

We're not rebuilding. Again: No F/A is coming to Det.

Given how they switched the lottery - nobody can pull off the "Philly model."

They got two #1s Simmons and Fultz - who don't have a shot. Embid is on his way to being top 3 center, but for Embid they waited two years and Simmons a year. If LeBron goes there, who's shooting? Neither Simmons or Fultz can make a shot outside 15 feet at this point. And in order to sign him, they have to renounce all their FAs. They can only afford him because Emibid is at the cheapest max and Simmons & Fultz are on their rookie contract.

If things were reverse, would you have flipped Blake for Harris/Bradley and 12th pick? (Assuming we originally had Blake and Harris/Bradley had their current contract status atthe time). Use ESPN trade machine and tell me who we can trade Blake or Dre' for, for this "rebuilding."

We underachieved as a team IMHO. Even with the injuries.
    Last edited by markbutter; 06-08-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast